• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Strange, I only got the notification that I was tagged for this thread recently despite being tagged days ago and... weird. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I've made my thoughts clear on evaluating Tier 1/Higher Dimensional stuff but seeing as those thoughts have been ignored, I've decided to eradicate the last of my braincells in an attempt to move this along by reading the blog.

To me, I think the blog is fine and agree. However, I'm no expert on this subject so if more knowledgeable finally decide to grace us with their presence and provide their valid reasons why it doesn't work, you can remove me from the agreement section. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got to finish up some reworks.

Reading through the blog, I agree as well for now.
You're the best, broskie.

Strange, I only got the notification that I was tagged for this thread recently despite being tagged days ago and... weird. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I've made my thoughts clear on evaluating Tier 1/Higher Dimensional stuff but seeing as those thoughts have been ignored, I've decided to eradicate the last of my braincells in an attempt to move this along by reading the blog.

To me, I think the blog is fine and agree. However, I'm no expert on this subject so if more knowledgeable finally decide to grace us with their presence and provide their valid reasons why it doesn't work, you can remove me from the agreement section. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got to finish up some reworks.
We will honor your sacrifice of brain cells.

I've updated the staff tally.

@LordGriffin1000 Thank you for your input and attempt to understand the topic (I know I'm somewhat late lol), especially since Tier 1 isn't your strong suit.

@Planck69 Thank you both for the input and breaking the thread's bump lull.

I will likely be editing the blog further when I get the chance and will alert the thread of any changes. Likely nothing major tho.

Did you forget the harsh lessons of the failed tier 1 Kirby thread?
I did forget about it actually. I got so busy with irl stuff that I dropped it since my point was already made anyway. I would 100% make a part 3 if not for the fact that staff members don't care when the evidence is starring them right in the face backed up by the translators of the wiki itself, and that they can always move the goal post however they feel like it. I was objectively correct in my conclusion by the wiki's own logic, even more so with the tiering system revisions that are happening now. I did learn the lesson that this doesn't matter as long as certain verses are monopolized by dogmatic staff, but I don't see what any of that has to do with this thread.

I did forget about it actually. I got so busy with irl stuff that I dropped it since my point was already made anyway. I would 100% make a part 3 if not for the fact that staff members don't care when the evidence is starring them right in the face backed up by the translators of the wiki itself, and that they can always move the goal post however they feel like it. I was objectively correct in my conclusion by the wiki's own logic, even more so with the tiering system revisions that are happening now. I did learn the lesson that this doesn't matter as long as certain verses are monopolized by dogmatic staff, but I don't see what any of that has to do with this thread.
I mean I could get staff to evaluate a part 3.

But I was just joking above regarding the staff rules and whatnot.

(Do you guys think DDM would give his thoughts if I asked him?)
Honestly, likely not.

This isn't a spite to him, I just believe stepping into higher-D AP shenanigans elicits a bit more of a "bleh" reaction to staff than something like new profiles or hax.

However, I'm no expert on this subject so if more knowledgeable finally decide to grace us with their presence and provide their valid reasons why it doesn't work, you can remove me from the agreement section.
the arguments for why it doesn't work are here
I'll just quote the FAQ to I can reference back to it

For the points

This section has no justifications for two temporal dimensions. Have separate timestreams isn't enough for the rating, since they can still flow in the same directions of front and back.

Time not existing isn't a justification either per the FAQ

So the white void of nothing isn't a justification, neither is a separate realm having space time. Since they're independent from each other but still share the same temporal direction.

This is the only one that may qualify as having two temporal axis, as your going to a timeline that was erased because of the White Space created by the Time Eater.

Nothing provided here is a justification for two temporal axis. Just one.

Nothing provided here is evidence for two temporal axis.

For most of the confusion I think you're misunderstanding what the "previous version of the multiverse" means. The original multiverse is required to exist and you're travelling to a previous iteration before an event happened. Sonic going back before the Prism Splits or traveling before Solaris nukes reality isn't two temporal dimensions.

The only one that would count is Iblis, since the multiverse was changed that Solaris never existed in the first place and being able to go to a previous iteration where it did exist might qualify.

Overall though that is the only evidence in the blog that would count in my view. For the upgrade I guess I'm neutral.
Having two zones with time isn't the same as two temporal axis if they're seperate dimensions. The only time it could imply two is if they physically existed in the same space where one section was erased but one kept going on.

That's only a singular temporal axis again. Reversing erasure with time travel or correcting a paradox wouldn't require an uncountable infinite snapshots of universal space. I only see a single instance that implies two and its 06 levels existing in Generations.
Multiple time dimensions that move in the same temporal direction is a singular temporal dimension. Which is why I don't think it's a valid indicator of a larger hyper timeline.

If two zones existed within the same space-time continuum and one section got erased but another kept going on, it would be an indication of an additional time axis. Being separated into another dimension disqualifies it from it, since the destruction of one doesn't effect the other anyways.

You're only getting at most three snap shots, before -> collapses -> fixed space. This isn't an uncountable infinite, since time travel is effecting the events of the story and retcons characters away.
The evidence for that section wouldn't indicate an uncountable infinite number of snapshots.

No. Being a different time dimension is irrelevant, since different temporal dimensions with different flow rates can still move in the same time direction. Multiple time dimensions means multiple directions of time, which isn't indicated anywhere from what I see.

What I agree with is that in one example with Sonic 06 there's an indication of going to a previous iteration of the timestream, but that's the only one I see as being valid for a hyper timeline.

What the FAQ wants as a justification isn't provided by the OP outside of maybe one instance.

Because a singular instance of it maybe counting isn't enough for me.
It's already a seperate space. They would need to occupy the same physical realm for it to count as two independent temporal directions. You can have an infinite amount of seperate time streams but if they all progress in the same fashion then you only have a single temporal axis.

Moving at different temporal speeds isn't evidence that they're different, meaning what is shown in-game is counter evidence that there's a hypertimeline.

No. The FAQ mentions that reseting your temporal space is just a single snapshot. You have to show that you're going to a previous iteration of the multiverse itself while the original remains to get the implications of infinite snapshots. It's why a reset or reboot like what's in the game isn't evidence for two temporal axis.

It just means the End of Time is physically separated from the multiverse, which is why the rest of reality being erased didn't effect it. A second axis wouldn't be necessary.

No. Because all you have is [Original] [Broke] [Changed Original]. You have to be like the MCU where Loki time travels when the multiverse physical never existed and them time travels back to when it did. Because in that instance he went to a previous iteration of the multiverse and then the modern with just time travel and both still existed. Which is important since the multiverse is retroactive and canonically began at the Big Bang.

which staff members are involved with sonic? or have knowledge on higher Dimensional shenanigans

Back