• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Blue Blur across the ages: Sonic the Hedgehog [Sonic separation series, Volume 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credits to @ShakeResounding and @Fireld for helping putting this together

What are you doing?​

Hello there, how are you my good lads. Going by the title, you might have figured out what this thread is about. Over the years, Sonic's profile has become more and more dense. Abilities, stat justifications, new keys, change if formatting, you name it, truth is, our blue spikeball has changed a lot here over the years.

But we're taking it a step even further. There's always room for improvement, and here's my attempt at doing that.

Today, I will be presenting three distinct and updated sandboxes that can be found for [Classic], [Adventure], and [Modern] Sonic.
So without further ado, let me explain the inner details, let's a go

Why are you doing this? EXPLAIN THE REASON​

First off, calm down, take a juice box of lemonade

all seriousness tho, the way the current Sonic profiles are handled is.......honestly severely outdated in terms of keys, now now, don't get me wrong, the people here worked hard and good, it is just that........time changes things, back in the day Sonic barely had different accepted feats between games, barely had different abilities, equipment etc, we could get away with a single key for the entire eras because.....there wasn't much to begin with, altho that has since changed

Scaling chains, new calculations, new powers and abilities and etc, Sonic has gained a lot, to accomodate for the singular key we currently use, our profiles use a "to" to separate the 2 extremes of the power in that era, which......doesn't really work and ends up excluding a lot of AP values that should be listed, like how the Adventure era has quite higher Large Star ratings in the middle of it rather than in the beginning of the era, but the profiles currently don't have it listed, at least not for every character

Like wise, there are several scaling chains for the Low 2-C that are not represented in the current profiles, like the fact that by the time of the most recent games of the era, several one shot gaps in power happened in the ever growing power of the main cast

in resume, the way the profiles current list the power of the series doesn't do a good job at cataloging said power, so how to solve it?

The different keys to success​

Basically straight forward, separating the characters into different keys based on their power growth and showings within the series, no "era" keys anymore, just like any good anime there is, it will now be done by separating by "arcs" or in this case....games, but you may wonder? why then separate Sonic's profile? simple.....he has way too many new keys, it wouldn't look good to have that many keys in a single profile, so in his special case that he always is, he will get the naruto treatment and get separated to better catalog his power, called not only "modern" or "classic" but "Classic Era" "Adventure Era" and "Modern Era"

What changes were made?​

• Adding more quotes for him
  • Updating his summary section
  • More renders
  • A new key for his Modern Era appearences, we already semi do this, so it isn't as big as you would think

• Creating a new profile
  • More renders

• Changing the placement of a few keys
  • Removing Hyper Sonic key
  • Making a new Starfall Super Sonic key
  • adding new keys for him

There are still a few things that need to be touched up on, here's the main ones that will be finished before grace is over:
  • Tailoring the gallery sections to make it more era-specific. Classic art in the Classic Era, Adventure stuff in the Adventure Era, etc.
  • Adding gifs and clips for Classic Sonic's justifications in his Modern Appearances key
  • few links to still be added to the justifications of some abilities
  • expand the Intelligence section with scans and justifications

Bonus Chapter, The Speed Boost​

As a Bonus provided by our good friend @ShakeResounding i would also like to proposa a [Boost] page, the famous technique that is the Modern Version of a spin dash for the series, straight forward honestly

Agree: @Maverick_Zero_X

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I'm honestly glad to see Modern Sonic's Hyper key going away, to be honest. It always came off to me like it shouldn't be there in the first place given it's, at its core, a purely hypothetical form that doesn't exist officially in canon and the requirement to actually access the form hasn't been in use since Sonic 3 & Knuckles nor is it something which can normally be accessed.

So count me as agreeing with that, alongside making Sonic's profiles much less cluttered with keys and spread out more smoothly.

As a FYI Omega? Your blog for Modern Sonic's profile still has Hyper Sonic art in the Gallery, I'd edit that out if I were you

Yeah tbh Hyper had to go, but at least Starfall Super Sonic is getting his own key to replace it

It's also technically my fault as I was the one who re-added it despite it being removed prior, but I did so years back when I was younger and moar stoopid so I deserve some slack

back in the day Sonic barely had different accepted feats between games, barely had different abilities, equipment etc, we could get away with a single key for the entire eras because.....there wasn't much to begin with
I remember when 5-B with FTL speeds was considered the best the verse could get.... Now we wanked upgraded it to Low 2-C with Infinite speed lol

A new key for his Modern Era appearences, we already semi do this, so it isn't as big as you would think
I 100% agree with this, Classic Sonic cleraly got stronger after the whole Time Eater thing, being even capable of keeping up with his Modern Era counterpart

Removing Hyper Sonic key
Hyper Sonic is cool af Disagree FRA

expand the Intelligence section with scans and justifications
Very cool ngl

Bonus Chapter, The Speed Boost​

As a Bonus provided by our good friend @ShakeResounding i would also like to proposa a [Boost] page, the famous technique that is the Modern Version of a spin dash for the series, straight forward honestly
I don´t think there is enough for a whole page about

After all, you can count me as agree

I think Classic Sonic should probably have a key prior to his scaling to a Chaos Emerald, which he only gets near the end of the classic era. I also don't think Sonic's modern key before Secret Ring should scale to Low 2-C. The reasoning for it was always really weak to me. If this isn't the place to discuss either of this, I guess I will agree to this profile split and take these topics elsewhere

I think Classic Sonic should probably have a key prior to his scaling to a Chaos Emerald, which he only gets near the end of the classic era. I also don't think Sonic's modern key before Secret Ring should scale to Low 2-C. The reasoning for it was always really weak to me. If this isn't the place to discuss either of this, I guess I will agree to this profile split and take these topics elsewhere
This should be left to another thread, but the rest can be discussed here

I think Classic Sonic should probably have a key prior to his scaling to a Chaos Emerald, which he only gets near the end of the classic era.
uh, he does it by the 4th chronological game int he timeline

I also don't think Sonic's modern key before Secret Ring should scale to Low 2-C. The reasoning for it was always really weak to me.
If this isn't the place to discuss either of this, I guess I will agree to this profile split and take these topics elsewhere

Did some editing to fix some issues....will take a pause for now

Some minor gripes with the formatting of these, like…
  1. Capitalizing “Far higher” instead of making it “far higher”
  2. Having the stats of Starfall Super Sonic as “Low Complex Multiverse level with Cyber Corruption” instead of just “Low Complex Multiverse level”
  3. Random spaces followed by periods
  4. Missing parenthesis after the Varies part of Super Form speed
Also I just think some things are completely unnecessary. Like, the Cyan Wisp thing has no business being part of his Infinite speed justification, and the E-123 Omega small time thing is pushing it.

Those are all my gripes with the profiles, but they’re generally okay.

Also yeah, let’s leave personal gripes with the ratings out of this. They were all accepted before and require separate threads to try and overturn them.

Some minor gripes with the formatting of these, like…
thanks
  1. Having the stats of Starfall Super Sonic as “Low Complex Multiverse level with Cyber Corruption” instead of just “Low Complex Multiverse level”
feels redundant, Starfall Super Sonic's entire transformation is get with Cyber Corruption.......why add it in the key?
  1. Random spaces followed by periods
  2. Capitalizing “Far higher” instead of making it “far higher”
  3. Missing parenthesis after the Varies part of Super Form speed
thanks, will fix those

Also I just think some things are completely unnecessary. Like, the Cyan Wisp thing has no business being part of his Infinite speed justification, and the E-123 Omega small time thing is pushing it.
so should i just remove them completely?

feels redundant, Starfall Super Sonic's entire transformation is get with Cyber Corruption.......why add it in the key?
No I agree it’s redundant, that’s why the “with Cyber Corruption” needs to be removed. It’s probably just left over from our current Modern Sonic profile
so should i just remove them completely?
Yeah, that’d be for the best. Especially the Cyan Wisp part. The small time part, ideally yes, but I don’t care as much either way

Honestly, I absolutely disagree and hate that Hyper Sonic is being removed from the Adventure and Modern Profiles. Even though it only appeared in the Classic Era, it still is not only supported through it being canon to the series as a whole up to this point (shown through the Super Emeralds appearing in Mania+). Hence fourth, I think it should still be present in both profiles. It also adds a nice multiplier boost for the later profiles for Adventure and Modern just in case with future discussion threads.

We don’t give ratings to hypothetical stuff, though. Only what has actually, canonically appeared

I just noticed this isn't accepted in the timeline blog even though it that admits having the game gear version predate the genesis version is about as contradictary as the other way around. Guess we'll also have to fix that in another thread.
I don't think that needs a thread, it's just correcting information after all.

Still not happy about using Bumblekast because then it leaves the impression to some that we can use anything from it, but whatevs. I'll update the timeline blog, eh, probably tomorrow.

Still not happy about using Bumblekast because then it leaves the impression to some that we can use anything from it, but whatevs. I'll update the timeline blog, eh, probably tomorrow.
Sonic Triple Trouble's timeline placement comes exclusively from an Ian Flyn statement. The same should aply here.

While we're at it, I also think Sonic Rider's placement is really wierd. If Free Riders can be stuffed between Black Knight and Colors for no reason other than its release date, then the same should aply to the first Sonic Riders which came out before 06. From here, you can either place Zero Gravity right after since it since it only takes place months after the first, or you could go by release date again since Sonic hasn't aged even a year despite all his adventures and could have gone on many more adventures in that time frame.

Thanks, by the way, for all your dedication to accurate information.

Sonic Triple Trouble's timeline placement comes exclusively from an Ian Flyn statement. The same should aply here.
Fair
While we're at it, I also think Sonic Rider's placement is really wierd. If Free Riders can be stuffed between Black Knight and Colors for no reason other than its release date, then the same should aply to the first Sonic Riders which came out before 06. From here, you can either place Zero Gravity right after since it since it only takes place months after the first, or you could go by release date again since Sonic hasn't aged even a year despite all his adventures and could have gone on many more adventures in that time frame.
Well... I suppose so, I guess it just felt weird to have Riders begin the Modern Era but I suppose the Modern design kinda started there anyways. I suppose I'll figure out Zero G's placement as I edit the blog.
Thanks, by the way, for all your dedication to accurate information.
Well shucks, I'm just glad the hard work is appreciated! I do it for you all 77% of the time anyways (the other 23% is my own enjoyment).

I'll edit the blog tomorrow with what our discussion has produced. All Game Gear games being after 3&K (somehow), and moving Riders/Zero G to the beginning of the Modern Era.

But let's stay on topic again lol.

would still need to thread to decide the exact order

Give me a moment, I have a CTR basically prepared for that topic, I just haven't published it, if you give me a few minutes I can do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back