• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LuffyRuffy46307 tone the behavior down right now. If you don’t apologize and make an effort to act more mature over a CRT you will be reported, is that clear?

As for the thread itself, with some of the newer info to retcon the universe globe looks, plus the inconsistency with the scale for snake way and king Kai’s planet, I’d be fine with that being removed when it comes to scaling Dragon Ball’s universe, and would just use the observable universe as the basis unless there’s other sources we can use that isn’t contradicted.

@LuffyRuffy46307 tone the behavior down right now. If you don’t apologize and make an effort to act more mature over a CRT you will be reported, is that clear?

As for the thread itself, with some of the newer info to retcon the universe globe looks, plus the inconsistency with the scale for snake way and king Kai’s planet, I’d be fine with that being removed when it comes to scaling Dragon Ball’s universe, and would just use the observable universe as the basis unless there’s other sources we can use that isn’t contradicted.
I already lost excuses, I did not know that this was something aggressive.

But anyway the topic was refuted, there is another DBS guide where it shows the same map of the macrocosm, this is just observed living Universe, it doesn't show the totality of the macrocosm.

Yes, the guides and databooks are secondary canon, but treating any information coming from them as headcanon by default unless all of them have been directly stated/show in main canon its bonkers.

Just because King Kai never stated how much big its the Other World is doesn't automatically disgregate all the info about the realm to be universal in size.

That a ridiculous standard, as long there is no direct contradiction the information from guides and databooks are fair to be use as evidence, and if there is some inconsistencies then it still doesn't mean that the rest of the info must be now wrong.

Those do not looks like separated dimensions at all, they looks more like large nebulas or dwarf galaxies within the map, and this assumption is baseless as nothing indicate that those are suppost to rappresent separated dimensions.

If we trully must assume that those visuals are suppost to be fully accurate on scale descriptions that are meant completely retcon the original structure given to Universe 7 (even thought the DBS Manga show the same structure still exist), then we have to say that Other World and Kaioshin Realm are no longer part of Universe 7 (like with ROSAT) and that universes are only 3-C in size.

Yeah, i completely disagree with the CRT.
Great!

Here's a Dragon Ball Super guidebook that shows the same U7 map.
It has not been retconned. What's left now?

What contradict the macrocosm map? Aside for the visuals used in DBS, which i already stated why its a bad idea.

The same structure was show in DBS Manga for crying out loud, the canon series with its loosely based on Toriyama's vision and nobody else (aside for Toyotaro).

The way the universes are show make them seen to have just single large galaxy with a few large nebulas/dwarf galaxies orbiting around the main body.

I don't see how that can be interpreted in any different way.
Before you agree with everything presented, read the counter arguments, where this topic was refuted, and to clarify one thing, this is one of the rules that AKM made, and the same arguments were used to lower the back.

@Theglassman12

I'm not convinced by that.
Snakeway is shown to show the locations of the afterlife and isn’t used in the calculation AKM states the only things that matter are the realms themselves
if the things in the afterlife are not in scale, why would anything else be?
Because the things are that big to show the locations of them but as said doesn’t influence the calculations

The globe isn’t retconned and the argument that the kaioshin realm and afterlife are one of those specs of light is wrong when the kaioshin realm is shown orbiting around the macrocosm and is stated to be the size of a tenth of the living universe and afterlife combined

Before you agree with everything presented, read the counter arguments, where this topic was refuted, and to clarify one thing, this is one of the rules that AKM made, and the same arguments were used to lower the back.
they weren't, i made that very clear in page one

Snakeway is shown to show the locations of the afterlife and isn’t used in the calculation AKM states the only things that matter are the realms themselves
which is the thing getting targeted here

Because the things are that big to show the locations of them but as said doesn’t influence the calculations
yes they do

again, this is covered in the op, read point 2, even if the globe is used, it still brings contradictions in sizes and as such, can't be used in calculation due to that
https://www.kanzenshuu.com/guides/gods/universe/universe_10.png
and the argument that the kaioshin realm and afterlife are one of those specs of light is wrong when the kaioshin realm is shown orbiting around the macrocosm
it is only ever shown orbiting in the macrocosm map, show where in the actual series does it shown itself orbiting it

and is stated to be the size of a tenth of the living universe and afterlife combined
which is clearly not the case in dbs anime when we actually see the universe from outside, it is either too small to be seen from outside, or one of the cosmic objects pointed in the op is it, i would go with the former just to be safe tho

well, you two are the calc members that commented on this, are any of you willing to do the recalcs? or should we call some other calc group member?
I only did the stuff involving the macrocosm.

Though even then characters would still be far above baseline thanks to inverse-square law and given that Earth is at the far edge of the universe. Speed feats get halved as a result I believe. The current diameter is just 2x over the regular size IIRC.

I'm pretty sure staff can give permission to users to create a topic that is normally against discussion rules.

I give permission for omegabronic's thread to continue and I think the topic is seriously worth exploring instead of trying to shut it down from the onset.

I thought the map was just a reference, like heaven would be here, hell here, and so on. Not an actual visual shot of the universe. I'm honesty fine with using the normal universe since we actual see it looks like the normal universe in DBS but really, I don't much have time for heavy DB revisions like this though.

I thought the map was just a reference, like heaven would be here, hell here, and so on. Not an actual visual shot of the universe. I'm honesty fine with using the normal universe since we actual see it looks like the normal universe in DBS but really, I don't much have time for heavy DB revisions like this though.
Thank you for commenting.

That makes 4 staff now.

I'm pretty sure staff can give permission to users to create a topic that is normally against discussion rules.

I give permission for omegabronic's thread to continue and I think the topic is seriously worth exploring instead of trying to shut it down from the onset.
Okay, but AKM still has to come here, she made this rule and knows the verse, so wait a little longer.

This is a Dragon Ball thread, so it's not going to be applied in any sense of the word even beyond the 48-hour grace period unless it has DDM and AKM comment, given the volatility of the nature of the feat itself and the verse as a whole.

So y'all can wait and not worry about things being bullrushed.

I only did the stuff involving the macrocosm.

Though even then characters would still be far above baseline thanks to inverse-square law and given that Earth is at the far edge of the universe. Speed feats get halved as a result I believe. The current diameter is just 2x over the regular size IIRC.
okay, thank you for the input, do you believe that we could use one of these for the recalc of the anime if it comes down to it?

more in favor of using the first image of this one below, since it is when we see it the closest and the most detailed

thank you Damage, that was a mistake on my part, I should have asked for permission first before doing the thread, welp every day a new lesson learned i guess

okay, thank you for the input, do you believe that we could use one of these for the recalc of the anime if it comes down to it?

more in favor of using the first image of this one below, since it is when we see it the closest and the most detailed

None of this is needed to make an actual calculation. I think I already redid it with the manga Zamasu calculation, just copypaste that shit and call it a day.

Goku would obviously scale 8x above baseline 3-A as a result of the denser, 2x more powerful Energy Ball that Beerus tossed at him so you can carry out the scaling chain shenanigans from there onwards.

None of this is needed to make an actual calculation. I think I already redid it with the manga Zamasu calculation, just copypaste that shit and call it a day.
was your recalc using just the basic observable universe assumption instead of the radius gotten by calculating the macrocosm map?

LMAO, just divide 8.8e+26 m by 30 seconds and you get 2.9333333e+25 m/s and you get 97.85-ish quadrillion times FTL. Speed only gets halved, so not that big of a difference.
huh, okay then, but that should probably be put on a blog for evaluation first

I think the point about them being different spaces is a better argument for downgrading the calcs instead of the size of the other dimensions. 4-C Afterlife is pretty excessive when considering that the map does still take account how the realms themselves correlate in size (not the landmarks) and having it dwarf the Kaioshin Realm and mirror outer space itself in size.

I think the point about them being different spaces is a better argument for downgrading the calcs instead of the size of the other dimensions. 4-C Afterlife is pretty excessive when considering that the map does still take account how the realms themselves correlate in size (not the landmarks)
if elements from it are out of scale, why would the size of the realms be?

and having it dwarf the Kaioshin Realm and mirror outer space itself in size.
as above, we don't know their sizes based on the series itself, and the map of the macrocosm is clearly out of scale in size

Bro what??? 4-C afterlife wtf is going on
"Proposal for the anime: simply use the images we have of the universe showed in the anime alongside the basic assumption of the observable universe, and make estimates for the sizes of the other dimensions based on what we know of them, which is that we at least know that they have a star in them

Proposal for the db manga: i guess we can only use the basic observable universe assumption and go on from there, but i believe the logic for the other dimensions proposed above could be used as well"

as above, we don't know their sizes based on the series itself, and the map of the macrocosm is clearly out of scale in size

"Proposal for the anime: simply use the images we have of the universe showed in the anime alongside the basic assumption of the observable universe, and make estimates for the sizes of the other dimensions based on what we know of them, which is that we at least know that they have a star in them

Proposal for the db manga: i guess we can only use the basic observable universe assumption and go on from there, but i believe the logic for the other dimensions proposed above could be used as well"
That “star” in the afterlife is stated to be bigger than most of the observable/known living universe

The landmarks are only there as locational indicators, they don't discredit the outline of the cosmology as a whole. It's really weird that Toriyama would just arbitrarily draw the Afterlife equal in size to outer space and way bigger than the Kai Realm (which has numerous stars) while it's supposedly a 4-C structure, especially since the size of the Kai Realm does show that the map pays attention to detail on the matter of how the dimensions correlate in size (i.e. the Kai Realm being much smaller than outer space).

If you know it needs to be changed, why the need to ask me? Just divide the energy yield by the accepted timeframe.
sorry, it is just that i am not a calc member and don't know how to do calcs, i was just asking to be sure, didn't mean to annoy, sorry

I don't really agree with the OP but I am exhausted with all the constant Dragon Ball threads.

But anyway, I don't disagree that things such as Snake Way is inconsistent and that the globe isn't really showing you an accurate depiction of what the entirety of Otherworld looks from a distance. However, some aspects are consistent such as the fact that the living universe alone would have to be much bigger than the observable universe as Earth is located in the center of the own observable universe. Likewise, even that is still a spec compared to how large the universe actually is with earth in Dragon Ball being located closer to the edge of the universe. Likewise, Otherworld by extension is officially larger than the living universe.

And AKM sama has already addressed the numerous points people have against the common concerns.

However, some aspects are consistent such as the fact that the living universe alone would have to be much bigger than the observable universe as Earth is located in the center of the own observable universe.
consistent with what exactly? Earth being on the edge of the universe doesn't mean much for its size

Likewise, even that is still a spec compared to how large the universe actually is with earth in Dragon Ball being located closer to the edge of the universe.
i don't understand how Earth being close to the edge changes anything, could you explain please?

Likewise, Otherworld by extension is officially larger than the living universe.
is it? what is the source for this information?

And AKM sama has already addressed the numerous points people have against the common concerns.
did he? could you show it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back