• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the fact that they in lore aren't touching, doesn't matter for the fact that the scene shows them touching, it is a visual vs Lore thing, i bring it up because it is contradictory, which is why, alongside the other factor i brought up, i am in support of scrapping that depiction as contradictory and unusable
Just coming in to say that if your argument is using an actual animation mistake then it really isn't solid. Isn't there guidelines about production errors?

Just coming in to say that if your argument is using an actual animation mistake then it really isn't solid. Isn't there guidelines about production errors?
we don't know if it is an animation mistake, we don't even have the details of why it is the way it is there, to theorize on that is not feasible when we simply the information of what was going in the Toei staff's head during the time, if you want to affirm it is purely a production error......well, i would be curious you could possibly prove that

altho more discussion on this doesn't seem to matter at this point, Tilted covered this side already, we are in a voting phase, so i will back down for now to let this get moving

Can some body write a more quickly understood summary of the arguments here please? 🙏
Lephyr pretty much summed up everything you need to know here, I recommend reading it. But I guess for a TL;DR:

We're aiming to remove both depictions of the cosmology including toriyamas macrocosm map and the dbs bubble universe depiction because some feel it is contradictory to the established cosmology and would be better to just go off statements and not visuals to make it less confusing and contradictory.

I am fine with that, but I have also given reasons on why the dbs depiction of the bubble universes does not actually contradict anything and should also be fine to use if you want to go that route, I wrote a detailed explanation debunking the "contradictions" in the link I posted if you want to read over it. So it's ultimately up to staff to decide which option they would like better. Hope this helps.

Lephyr pretty much summed up everything you need to know here, I recommend reading it. But I guess for a TL;DR:

We're aiming to remove both depictions of the cosmology including toriyamas macrocosm map and the dbs bubble universe depiction because some feel it is contradictory to the established cosmology and would be better to just go off statements and not visuals to make it less confusing and contradictory.

I am fine with that, but I have also given reasons on why the dbs depiction of the bubble universes does not actually contradict anything and should also be fine to use if you want to go that route, I wrote a detailed explanation debunking the "contradictions" in the link I posted if you want to read over it. So it's ultimately up to staff to decide which option they would like better. Hope this helps.
Okay. Thank you. 🙏

I will wait for further staff evaluations regarding this issue then. 🙏

@Qawsedf234 @Planck69 @KingTempest @Deagonx @Catzlaflame @ActuallySpaceMan42 @Maverick_Zero_X @LordGriffin1000 @Firestorm808 @Antvasima

You may ignore this if you want, but we have moved now to a voting phase. Originally the thread wanted to axe the usage of the Dragon Ball Super bubble map for its cosmology and re-establish the usage of the Dragon Ball Macrocosm map made by Toriyama, but discussion has instead shifted to potentially discarding both entirely. Above I have quoted the two main arguments for why the maps (both) are contradictory and thus neither should be used, as well as arguments for why the seeming contradictions have some explanations and thus can be reconciled.

Omega also offered a rebuttal to the main argument in support here after the fact.

Main consequences of both maps being discarded entirely for our purposes is the fact we would instead rely on statements regarding the size of the space-times in the Universe 7 macrocosm, which can affect our speed calcs (most likely downgrading them) for the Super top tiers.

Note: This revision affects the DBS Anime, as the Manga and Toei continuities are considered as separate, thus they follow their own cosmological model and will be untouched by this revision.

Supporters are free to correct me in my summary of the current revision.
Here Lephyr linked the summaries of this thread...is a page away, just so that it doesn't get lost

@Qawsedf234 @Planck69 @KingTempest @Deagonx @Catzlaflame @ActuallySpaceMan42 @Maverick_Zero_X @LordGriffin1000 @Firestorm808 @Antvasima

You may ignore this if you want, but we have moved now to a voting phase. Originally the thread wanted to axe the usage of the Dragon Ball Super bubble map for its cosmology and re-establish the usage of the Dragon Ball Macrocosm map made by Toriyama, but discussion has instead shifted to potentially discarding both entirely. Above I have quoted the two main arguments for why the maps (both) are contradictory and thus neither should be used, as well as arguments for why the seeming contradictions have some explanations and thus can be reconciled.

Omega also offered a rebuttal to the main argument in support here after the fact.

Main consequences of both maps being discarded entirely for our purposes is the fact we would instead rely on statements regarding the size of the space-times in the Universe 7 macrocosm, which can affect our speed calcs (most likely downgrading them) for the Super top tiers.

Note: This revision affects the DBS Anime, as the Manga and Toei continuities are considered as separate, thus they follow their own cosmological model and will be untouched by this revision.

Read here

Yes, @Maverick_Zero_X if I'm not mistaken
Not to cause any offense to that fellow staff member but I don't think either of us have referred to each other as "friends" on the forum.

Your post struck me a little weird - as if I'm supposed to know who specifically you're referring to as my "friend" out of dozens of users on here that I chat to and that I'm friendly with.

I'll try not to read too much into it, but in future you could just refer to people by name and say something like "Oh yes, and call Maverick too to help us finish this."

That would've been a lot clearer.

Not to cause any offense to that fellow staff member but I don't think either of us have referred to each other as "friends" on the forum.

Your post struck me a little weird - as if I'm supposed to know who specifically you're referring to as my "friend" out of dozens of users on here that I chat to and that I'm friendly with.

I'll try not to read too much into it, but in future you could just refer to people by name and say something like "Oh yes, and call Maverick too to help us finish this."

That would've been a lot clearer.
It's just that i always see you talking, But tag him there, i thought they were both friends.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @SamanPatou @Theglassman12 @Maverick_Zero_X @UchihaSlayer96 @DemonGodMitchAubin @GarrixianXD

We still seem to need your help here. 🙏

posting memes has never been off-limits in most threads but this one conveniently, but fair enough
Staff can be lenient, but posting random off topic memes is, in fact, against the rules
Stay on Topic
Please remember to keep our more serious forum discussion threads on topic, so as to not derail them. This means keeping posts relevant to the topic of the threads, and being respectful of requests made in the Original Posts of them (for example: "staff only"). Spamming irrelevant posts (even without ill intent) is distracting and can cause disorder, and thus it is requested that this is kept to a minimum

I don't know if I'm lacking the brain capacity but I can't really understand this CRT to provide any cohesive evaluation.
Summary of the summary:
  • We are deciding whether we should discard and ignore DBS anime depiction of the universes, as this currently affects our interpretations of the DB cosmology (with further points in favor of discarding the macrocosm maps made by Toriyama for use in DBS anime cosmos).
  • Reasons for the depiction to stay (meaning, there's no contradictions): here
  • Reasons for the depiction being removed, alongside the macrocosm map made by Toriyama: here

Better?

Summary of the summary:
  • We are deciding whether we should discard and ignore DBS anime depiction of the universes, as this currently affects our interpretations of the DB cosmology (with further points in favor of discarding the macrocosm maps made by Toriyama for use in DBS anime cosmos).
  • Reasons for the depiction to stay (meaning, there's no contradictions): here
  • Reasons for the depiction being removed, alongside the macrocosm map made by Toriyama: here

Better?
i also think this response of mine explains other points in the view as well......just to add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back