• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the current calcs for the 3-As in the dbs uses the classic map for the macrocosm to calc the ap and speed of the characters, however there are two problems with this:

1: this map is not consistent with dbs anime's visuals of how universes are, it is consistently shown to not look like the macrocosm map at all, so the calculations should be changed and be based on what the consistent map looks like instead of the macrocosm map, some may bring up the fact that the other dimensions of the universe like the afterlife and the kaioshin realm are not visible in the map used in the anime, for that i say:

1.1: there is nothing to say that they would be visible in the first place, the only thing that would suggest that they would is the macrocosm map and the guides, which isn't a good counter since what it is shown in the main cannon always takes priority over secondary cannon like the guides, so they not appearing is not a counter argument since they have no stated size whatsoever in the main canon of dbs, and things like guides are only secondary cannon with anything of the main cannon taking priority over it
1.2: even if you want to hard take the dimensions as needing to be visible however, we can clearly see multiple massive cosmic like objects in the map, so to say that some of them are the other dimensions is not too far fetched of an assumption, specially when we know that we are seeing the universe

now you may be thinking, "this only applies to the dbs anime, manga stays the same as it uses the macrocosm map", well, that brings me to my second point

2: the map is clearly not in scale, and you can clearly see the map makes the snake way, which is only 1.000.000 km long, is seemingly 2x the universe in height if put in a horizontal position, also king kai's planet, which is extremely small, is via this map only 14.25x smaller than the entire living universe, so even in the manga, it shouldn't be used to calc since it is clearly out of scale in size.

Proposal for the anime: simply use the images we have of the universe showed in the anime alongside the basic assumption of the observable universe, and make estimates for the sizes of the other dimensions based on what we know of them, which is that we at least know that they have a star in them

Proposal for the db manga: i guess we can only use the basic observable universe assumption and go on from there, but i believe the logic for the other dimensions proposed above could be used as well

bold=staff

Agree: @Damage3245 (agrees with the removal of the macrocosm map, waiting clarification about the use of the map used in the dbs anime) @TimmyTurnero @RIZEXX @Maverick_Zero_X(same as damage) @StekFence @Theglassman12 @LordGriffin1000 @Hasty12345 @Artorimachi_Meteoraft @Nullflowerblush

Disagree: @Stefano4444 @God900 @LuffyRuffy46307 @DarkDragonMedeus (on the end result of the feat of destroying the universe bein baseline, it is important to note that this thread never suggested that in the first place, also disagrees with the map not being on scale to the size of the realms themselves, has not given any opinion regarding the "dbs anime not using the map at all" point yet)

Neutral:

Last edited:
STOP! POSTING! ABOUT DB COSMOLOGY THREADS! I'M TIRED OF SEEING THEM!!!

My friends on Twitter send me DB Cosmology threads, on Discord it's ******* DB Cosmology threads. . .I was in a group chat, right? And ALL of the members were just talking about DB Cosmology stuff. I showed the DBS Goku page to my best friend, and the AP, I highlighted it and I said "Hey bro, when the Goku AP is wrong!" Haha, [cha la head cha la]! I ******* looked at the Staff Discussion forum, saw those cosmology threads and I said, "That's a bit wanky!" I looked at my Goku Funko, I think of VSBW, and I go "Goku? More like Gopoo!" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is very obviously a reference if you uncultured folk don't understand

STOP! POSTING! ABOUT DB COSMOLOGY THREADS! I'M TIRED OF SEEING THEM!!!

My friends on Twitter send me DB Cosmology threads, on Discord it's ******* DB Cosmology threads. . .I was in a group chat, right? And ALL of the members were just talking about DB Cosmology stuff. I showed the DBS Goku page to my best friend, and the AP, I highlighted it and I said "Hey bro, when the Goku AP is wrong!" Haha, [cha la head cha la]! I ******* looked at the Staff Discussion forum, saw those cosmology threads and I said, "That's a bit wanky!" I looked at my Goku Funko, I think of VSBW, and I go "Goku? More like Gopoo!" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is very obviously a reference if you uncultured folk don't understand
TechMaster is one Dragon Ball Cosmology CRT away from becoming Joker.

this isn't, i am not using any old arguments put new ones based on the series ongoing events, this is why the second point exists, this topic is not against the rules
It is, I know you are new in this forum. But these points were already adressed in previous threads. No new arguments have been presented.

And we DO have a rule against any attempt of changing the cosmology.

IIRC AKM, or DDM made it.

It is, I know you are new in this forum. But these points were already adressed in previous threas. No new arguments have been presented.
no they weren't, i checked

And we DO have a rule against any attempt of changing the cosmology.
the rule concerns only old arguments argued in the past, this thread is nothing like that at all, i am using new arguments here

IIRC AKM, or DDM made it.
the rule does not concern this thread, i read it, it only concerns the tier 2 stuff and the infinite universe stuff, both of which this thread is not touching at all

Maybe cuz is attempting to change the DB cosmology for the trillion time? With assumptions/own interpretation of the OP of how U7's macrocosm looks like?
Im new to the dbz threads but is it truly fair to dismiss a revision simply because it’s done “a lot”? The OP makes sense and the map is clearly not to scale, is there any reason we should continue using the map?

assumptions? i am using no assumptions at all here
No, visuals mean nothing. In many verses author represents a Universe through the show with different appereance/shape each Volume/chapter.

For example, in Trinity Seven Universes/Space-times sometimes are represented as black spheres with multiple stars inside, kinda the DBS model, however, in other chapters an Space-time/world is represented as a Planet similar to Earth, however due to to context we know it's a Universe.

That's why going just by visuals is worthless

Im new to the dbz threads but is it truly fair to dismiss a revision simply because it’s done “a lot”? The OP makes sense and the map is clearly not to scale, is there any reason we should continue using the map?
Yes, as long as it's a rule and already discussed several times.

No, visuals mean nothing. In many verses author represents a Universe through the show with different appereance/shape each Volume/chapter.
"many verses" don't matter here, the said visual consistent in dbs anime, it never actually uses the macrocosm map iirc, the macrocosm map's origin in in secondary cannon guides, so to use that instead of the consistent showing showed in the canon makes no sense, plus you are ignoring the second point about the said macrocosm map not being in scale whatsoever so it shouldn't be used to calc ap and speed as it currently is

For example, in Trinity Seven Universes/Space-times sometimes are represented as black spheres with multiple stars inside, kinda the DBS model, however, in other chapters an Space-time/world is represented as a Planet similar to Earth, however due to to context we know it's a Universe.
other verses do not matter here, that is how the universe is consistently shown, is there any reason within the show to not use the consistent map used in it?

That's why going just by visuals is of no use.
that is why my second point exists as a precaution for that

I'm starting to think you hate Dragon Ball, Omega.
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back