• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Movie: Broly is finally Canon!

Anyways, about the stabbing thing. I always assumed it was King Vegeta* because the shadow looks like him. But then again a bunch of saiyans have spiky hair so maybe not?

I thought that King Vegeta himself stabbed Broly. If not then sure. But Broly hating Goku is still pretty stupid, and as ZERO said him having some PTSD association's more of a fan theory.

@ZERO Reading edits beforehand is good for everyone's health. -q Don't mind that, it was just my brain bugging for a sec with this whole Paragus this, Vegeta that.

Ryukama said:
I thought that King Vegeta himself stabbed Broly. If not then sure. But Broly hating Goku is still pretty stupid, and as ZERO said him having some PTSD association's more of a fan theory.
I don't really see it as fan theory. I see it as one of those things that a film makes rather obvious to the audience without explicilty spelling it out for you.

I'd understand if the movie already gives an explaination concretely, but it doesn't. What's established is that Broly is psychotic (due partly to trauma, and maybe partly just being born that way), and that he has implicit (not explicit) memory of Goku crying constantly.

So no. He doesn't just hate Goku because he was crying a lot. He also hates Goku because he's simply crazy and mentally unstable. But why is he crazy and mentally unstable? Again, trauma and (maybe) simply being born that way.

If Broly were not a psychotic or mentally unstable, but still experienced Goku crying a lot, he probably wouldn't hate him at all. So he's crazy, and he has memory of Goku crying. I think that's enough information to that the movie gives to show that Broly makes a connectiong to Goku and his trauma. Unless you want to argue that Goku's also the reason why he's mentally unstable (now THAT I highly doubt).

tbh I always thought Broly was a pretty cool dude.

Goku: "Could you give us a handicap?"

Broly: "Is that another word for coffin?"

this line cracked me up

FateAlbane said:
Anyways, about the stabbing thing. I always assumed it was King Vegeta* because the shadow looks like him. But then again a bunch of saiyans have spiky hair so maybe not?
There's a flashback where King Vegeta is explicitly making orders to have Paragus's son executed. So that's enough reason to believe he didn't do it himself. Pretty sure the spikey-haired shadow is just some random Saiyan with similar hair. Plus we don't see a cape in that shadow.

The movie never gave an exact reason why Broly hates Goku so much. Even Paragus isn't sure why Broly is so triggered by Goku. All the movie give you is the scene of Goku as a baby crying and not let Broly sleep all night

We know DB isn't that deep though, sure you can make your headcanon about the Broly ordeal but I doubt the writers had such intents in mind when they wrote the Movie back then.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
Everyone, who the **** cares about Old Broly's "backstory".

This new Broly's canon. Therefore, he's official and better than the old one.
You never know, they might go with a similar backstory (maybe not though).

@Melee Yes. But again "he's crazy" doesn't suddenly make a stupid motivation not stupid. Makes it understandably stupid, but personally I still don't like stupid motivations.

@Ryu I guess we'll just agree to disagree. I honestly don't think it's that bad. It's not deep, but it's not that bad to me.

Out of topic but

Dragon Ball Heroes - SUPER SAIYAN 4 VEGITO! Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 5 Trailer!
Dragon Ball Heroes - SUPER SAIYAN 4 VEGITO! Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission 5 Trailer!

SSJ4 VEGITO BOI!!!!!!!

I don't even care for his character

Broly came > he strong > goku fight him

Really i just watch DB series for fighting anyway.

That trailer was the greatest trailer in anime history, now is not the time for deep analytical discussion but should be just sheer appreciation for the greatness that is about to ensue. Toriyama id a god, dont worry about anything because by the end of the movie everyone will likely be satisfied. Cant wait for a possible broly vs beerus fight, just the thought of lssj broly stomping beerus is majestic.

Doesn't mean SSBE/SSBKK/UI aren't going to be in the movie. They might be simply holding off those designs for now because they have got to save something for the movie.

AKM sama said:
Doesn't mean SSBE/SSBKK/UI aren't going to be in the movie. They might be simply holding off those designs for now because they have got to save something for the movie.
Could be but SSBE and SSBKK are 2 Toei things. Not from Tori. UI could possibly appaer in the end.

So KOMIE, do you think that instead of SSBKK or SSBE, they will show MSSB? That would indicate that they are going to follow the manga storyline. I guess with the introduction of SSG Vegeta it's possible. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

IMO? SSBE and SSBKK will still make appearances. I'm telling you, on the promo images linked up there, Vegeta's color of blue in the "SSB" form looks different than Goku's.

His hair is still black, he lost his neck piece which means he has no restraints, and "false super saiyan" is a non-canon form.

I never said False Super Saiyan. It would make sense as it would be paying homage to the original movie which introduced the concept of a Restrained Super Saiyan. Regardless, I mentioned this before so I will reiterate. His hair is flailing up like a Super Saiyan, and his irises are colored differently compared to his base. I'm not sure why he would have two base states. It's either that, or he is stuck in a state that is at a half way point of transitioning into his Super Saiyan State. Regardless, was the neck brace a confirmed restrainer, or are we just assuming it is based on the scans?

>I'm not sure why he would have two base states

Because unrestricted and restricted base are two levels of the same form.

Also, the official art shows him from Super Saiyan - Legendary as having no irises. His base is the only form that has them.

I assume its a confirmed restrainer since 1) It's based on the original Broly 2) We haven't seen Broly at higher forms while also wearing his neck piece, so it has to be restricting him.

Back