• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Movie: Broly is finally Canon!

I can't can't believe (non heros) Broly might be Low 2-C since technically before this giant strongest (non Heros) form was High 3-A with broly God

I don't want anything for Broly besides "Don't have the most ******** motivation ever" and "have a personality and dialogue besides just angirly screaming one word".

People act like having any standards for DB or for Broly is expecting too much.

Ryukama said:
I think jealousy of someone seemingly taking the person you care most about away from you and anger towards your own inadequacy is a much better motivation than "he cried when we were babies". I mean basically anything is better than Broly's motivation. I'd even take a plain simple "Haha I'm evil!!!" over it.
Kind of missing the point, honestly. I never said Broly has better motivation than Kale. Literally everything I said is "his motivation never truly mattered" to a significant ammount of the fanbase more than what he does - punch people - mattered.

As for Kale, if you mean that "ridiculously generic motivation and poorly constructed drama amidst a bunch of battles from a character we didn't even follow for that long translates to a good reason", it's your opinion and you're free to have it.

She annoyed me with that way more than she made me feel for her because she looked like a wrench in the plot. Kind of like she was crying too for 3 hours non-stop. She was a complete satellite character to Caulifla in a lot of ways. And that manages to be even worse than a mindless beast character without serious/complex motives punching people around to me when it comes to Dragon Ball of all things.

Broly wasn't evil for the sake of evil. He was insane because of LSSJ and Goku. I know Seth can be wrong but in his video about the movie he points out how Broly's actually intelligent and has a good vocabulary. Ik dbh isn't canon but he also talks about how Broly becomes neutral after finding out that all the Goku's are dead.

edit: whoops lol I misread and thought ryu said that him being evil for the sake of evil was what he was and not what he perferred.

@Fate I respect peoples' opinions but again I just want the bare minimum for Broly character wise. Don't have the worst motivation you can think of. Give him some other personality trait besides angirly screaming. The majority of the DB community has their standards of the series so low as it is (which I understand). I just still want there to be SOME standards.

And yes Kale is a better written character than Broly. Much better written. Not cause Kale's a good character, cause she isn't at all. Broly's just that bad. I can get liking Broly more than Kale since personally I kinda feel the same.

@Azzy *X-Files theme plays in my head as I read that reply*

@Ryu It's okay, and same. Ijust wanted to make a joke and somehow it turned in-depth thoughts about Broly/Kale'm just pointing my views on the matter, myself. Far from me to judge my own opinion as truth of the matter. o/

I'm looking forward to this reboot of the character, myself.

In b4 now he got mad because Goku cried for 6 hours, then he was moved to another place and Vegeta was yelling angrily for another 10.

Ryukama said:
People act like having any standards for DB or for Broly is expecting too much.
I think this is why plot/story wise not much for the series changes. They (all involved with production in the franchise) realize the fanbase will eat it up regardless and they've found a winning formula. Smart from a bussiness perspective but I still hope more attention to detail will be given and hopefully raise the bar for the franchise a weeeeee bit from the new movie.

@Fate INB4 Broly still doesn't hate Frieza as much as Goku for crying. Also they retcon the crying to being a couple minutes instead of a few hours. OVOVOVOVO

My friend thought the new Broly was just Yamcha...

The animation style is really nice. The plot looks pretty typical by DB standards though.

Ryukama said:
@Fate INB4 Broly still doesn't hate Frieza as much as Goku for crying. Also they retcon the crying to being a couple minutes instead of a few hours. OVOVOVOVO
Paragus: "Broly... You're not canon. Kale is."

"CA-CANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT"

*fight ensues*

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
FateAlbane said:
She was a complete satellite character to Caulifla in a lot of ways.
Kind of funny it turned out that way, considering Kale was created first with Caulifla added on later (by Toriyama, funny enough).
Japanese people writing wife characters as such, shocking!

Real talk, Low 2-C Broly has to be one of the most "There's no way that's going to happen but it does" events in my life.

Can't wait to see my brother laughing at me for saying he was nuts when he thought Broly was or would ever be a Universal threat to anything.

I'd give up reading manga if it meant Beerus and Whis would get involved in the fight, in some capacity beyond being background decarations lol.

Somehow I feel like Beerus and Whis might not even be around for most of the movie (not even as background decoration).

I'm guessing his defeat is either 1 or 4. I don't think they would make him canon to kill him off in the same movie, either.

@Frantzy12

"When I was a child, my planet Vegeta was destroyed. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin Kakarot. But my pod got knocked off-course and by the time I got there, my cousin had already grown up and become Son Goku."

Supergirl intro anyone? xD

Back