• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 61: It's almost time and 30 secs in an episode is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are legit releasing spoilers on news channels. I find that hilarious.

Anime live reactions always exaggerated his tittles. Just look around his channel, click bait after click bait.

You know if Jiren wasn't shit character I would been fine with all the wank he's getting, but man he's shit and they shove him down to our throats all this time, but hey it's our fault to take kids show all that seriously

I wish I could be as ignorant as Ryu to the anime shows lel

@Ryukama I respectfully disagree with you a bit. Beerus was a GoD so it would kind of be obvious that Goku would lose and I think the fanbase took it well because they'd know there would be a rematch. But since this is Jiren, who seems like a Gary Sue in terms of strength, a mortal with a generic backstory and also the fact that Super is ending which means that there will be no rematch, fans aren't taking this well.

Writing aside there nothing worse than losing to the guy who been beating you for months after pulling 2 NEW transformations and surpassing the gods

This is Johen Cena level of jobbing right there

ZERO7772 said:
Writing aside there nothing worse than losing to the guy who been beating you for months after pulling 2 NEW transformations and surpassing the gods
Technically it's only been 46 and a half minutes.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
ZERO7772 said:
Technically it's only been 46 and a half minutes.
I'm still a bit mad about MUI Goku losing, though.

Technically it's only been 46 and a half minutes. </div>

48 in world of void is equel to 7-8 months here

It's not my fault

I still don't get some goku fans thinking that the show is horible just because he loses. The only time a new transformation was able to defeat an opponent out right was when goku went ssj. Ssj2 gohan needed help against Super perfect cell. SSJ3 failed at anything in canon. Ssj4 did win a couple of fights, but people don't count that cause "ruahwudiebsisheuu non canon wjdhiahwisjejsj" ssg did not win any fights at all despite having the word "GOD" in it, super Saiyan Blue was inferior to a 100% stamina golden freeza. Ssb Kaioken x10 couldn't defeat hit, who was still holding back his true power. Why get outraged over this new form, and not the other ones? Because it's supposedly "invinsible"? Guess what, so it's jiren based on his hype. I would understand if MUI goku lost to anyone else, but jiren has been eatablished beyond hakaishin power since episode 93 (chapter 29 in the manga).

So either goku beats someone who is above gods, despite being ants to the gods 48 minutes ago, or he loses to a being described as "someone who can't lose, no matter who hes up against". And its not like goku won't give him a fight, goku for sure will cause him to regret not eliminating him sooner, but he is going to turn out the superior.

Once again, I think you are accusing people of being "Goku Fanboys" without even trying to understand why (Or just don't care) this particular loss rubs people the wrong way. Something that is equally as bad. I ain't as Goku fan, but even I am not a fan of this loss. I have accepted it and looked at the silver lining of it, but I am still not the happiest about this ending.

@Ovr A gigantic part of the DB fanbase lately has just been hating on Super for the same shit Z did but they didn't notice due to being children at the time and nostalgia goggles.

Like when they cherrypick wonky animation moments from Super and compare it to Z's best parts, acting like Z didn't also have some bad animation at times.

Or going nuts over inconsistencies, asspulls and power creeps as if those weren't a thing in Z as well. (I guess one could argue Super was worse in this regard than Z, but I'm mainly talking about those acting like Z was perfect and lacked all the flaws Super has)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Once again, I think you are accusing people of being "Goku Fanboys" without even trying to understand why (Or just don't care) this particular loss rubs people the wrong way. Something that is equally as bad. I ain't as Goku fan, but even I am not a fan of this loss. I have accepted it and looked at the silver lining of it, but I am still not the happiest about this ending.
I said some goku fans, but please do explain why this loss is bad. I hope that "MUI avoids any danger" excuse isn't used

Dragonmasterxyz said:
When people compare Super to Z people act as if Z was this godly masterpiece. And Super was just like this piece of shit.
Reused Animation- Z did it.

Bad Animation- Z did it

Bad Writing- Z did it.

Asspulls- Z did it.

Give Ultimate Gohan the Shaft- Z did it
Yes. So much this! I have a friend that watches Super but many times workships Z... I get annoyed a lot when he does that...

Yes. So much this! I have a friend that watches Super but many times workships Z... I get annoyed a lot when he does that...

That also annoys me as well. The thing is that those people grew up watching Z, and for them, Z has this barrier around it, that reflects any kind of criticism you give to the show. Super on the other hand, they are watching it as adults, and they now possess critical thinking abilities that allows them to see the ups and downs.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how flawed Z was as well, they won't see that way.

To me both have flaws and they aren't anywhere a perfect series, but I did and still enjoy Z, as well as Super and GT.

@Ovrhide

This has been explained before. Once again, I feel like was hyped and pulled out of its ass too much for Goku to master it, but still lose. I have already explained what the "Dodges everything" is utter BS and NLF.

Why isn't Super Saiyan God still losing to Beerus such an issue then?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Ovrhide

This has been explained before. Once again, I feel like was hyped and pulled out of its ass too much for Goku to master it, but still lose. I have already explained what the "Dodges everything" is utter BS and NLF.
I see. To me, it's not that MUI was hyped to much, it's just the way they have treated jiren. For a guy who is above hakaishin power, they sure didn't do him much justice after episode 111. In the special, the dude was unbeatable, impossible to touch, impossible to catch of guard, he was stated to be beyond time. A few episodes later, ssb vegeta (before evolution) hits him not once, twice. SSB Goku can land some hits too. Android 17 CATCHES HIM OFF GUARD, when he was previously stated to be impossible to catch of guard.

Jirens hype just went down, while MUI gokus rose up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back