• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 61: It's almost time and 30 secs in an episode is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOz1lSk
Goku's record in Super against major antagonists is as stellar as ever. I mean, just look at this picture. This is why many people are pissed.

"Jiren gets serious, with his red aura sorrounding his body, jiren fiercely rushes at goku and delivers a Ki blast at point blank range, goku is totally blown away" this right here means that goku was in MUI when jiren decided it was time to take goku out. There's no reason jiren needs to go full power for a non UI goku.

Why can't people accept that Jiren is just that strong, and why do they keep going on with the NLF of UI?

And damn. Toei was going to give jiren a personality, and toriyama was like "nah, he doesn't talk, also this is his back story"... like wow

@Ovrhide Yeah this is the absolute final nail in the coffin for "UI can avoid any danger" "UI can never be hit".

So there's interview with Toriyama that is out.

Also this week there's no ep,right?

How do you think Jiren will beat Goku?

By kicking him out of UI or by some strategy and then Goku will fall of arena

Wait, Jiren wins against Goku... 😎

I definitely wanted Jiren to win. At least he finally past Beerus.

The spoilers of ep 130 suggest that the point blank ki blast Goku receives isn't going to be the one to ring him out. Which leads me to believe Goku won't be ringed out purely by strenght difference, but rather Jiren pulling something sneaky or (UI dissappearing)

I am fine Jiren winning as long he doesn't simply overpower UI, matter of fact I always wanted Frieza to **** Jiren in the end but after Jiren pull some dirty move on Goku

Ryukama said:
@Ovrhide Yeah this is the absolute final nail in the coffin for "UI can avoid any danger" "UI can never be hit".
Didn't know you already saw the episode?

Didn't the previous spoiler also say something he is gonna hit Goku? We don't know if Jiren has UI or not in the next epsiode. We don't know what will happen to Goku. So wait.

@Pannalicour Again it is quite hypocritical for you to criticize me of making predictions before episodes come out when you initially made complete assumptions that absolutely no one or no thing can hit Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, only for Kefla to be able to graze his hair and elbow and for Jiren to have straight up hit him last episode. (Yes Jiren did hit Goku. Goku just had a ki barrier to protect his body from direct contact with the hit. Someone with a shield getting hit doesn't mean that they didn't get hit at all.)

But sure let me rephrase, if Jiren does legitamately overpower MUI Goku it would be the absolute final nail in the coffin for "UI can avoid any danger" "UI can never be hit".

Not that Jiren even needs to hit MUI Goku to prove that, since again Zeno can obviously erase Goku. Grand Priest can obviously beat Whis. Ultra Instinct masters cannot literally "avoid any danger".

I think when whis said it, he maint it in the way that since there are no mortals above G.o.Ds (proven wrong a couple episodes later) that once you achieve this form, you can literally avoid any danger because, well, there's no one who can pose danger. It gives benefits such as peerless combat abilities that you don't have to think about, but that's about it. Having power above hakaishin makes you unbeatable in dragon ball.

Yeah. He's on a squad where people rave about Justice, yet he's the least noble and mean one there— making fun of Toppo like that. The Manga probably treats him nicer, but in all honesty... I' Excited for the manga tbh.

I don't. Frieza being able to at all touch Jiren, especially when as weakened and battered as he is, would be the biggest bullshit ever. Especially when Vados stated that Jiren doesn't even have the weakness of being taken off guard (17 doing that to him was also stupid).

Maybe if they give the explanation that Jiren was incredibly weakened by Goku perhaps that'd be better.

Or maybe the beam doesn't actually hurt Jiren but it pushes him out of the ring.

So here's a question that I've been wondering: Many times during the Jiren vs Goku fight, both characters are punching and dodging so fast that aside from a split second impact, or vibrations, they seem to be standing completely stlll. I'm curious, If everyone besides Jiren and Goku had the reflexes and perception of a normal human, how fast would those two have to be to look like that from a human perspective?

Lunacorva said:
So here's a question that I've been wondering: Many times during the Jiren vs Goku fight, both characters are punching and dodging so fast that aside from a split second impact, or vibrations, they seem to be standing completely stlll. I'm curious, If everyone besides Jiren and Goku had the reflexes and perception of a normal human, how fast would those two have to be to look like that from a human perspective?
Humans have shown to be able to differentiate images at up to 250-1,000 FPS, we'll go with the high end there.

Their arms would have to complete a punch and return to their orignal position in a millisecond, so assuming an extension of 1 meter, that'd be 2,000 m/s or over 5x the speed of sound.

I think.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Jiren's going to be injured to the point Final Form Frieza will be able to push him off. That's the most logical
I don't think that's the most logical. I think a draw is the most logical conclusion. Both universes live. I wouldn't consider it "miraculous" otherwise

Like Zenkai I prefer he blast simply pushing Jiren off without actually hurting him, with it only being able to even push him in the first place because he's injured. That seems to be the most logical to me.

If it's a draw Jiren and Frieza are going to have to fight until there's one left. And logically what chance in the world does Frieza have of coming out on top then?

Regardless I don't see universe 11 being erased, especially since goku couldn't over come jiren with MUI (goku with MUI potentially being above beerus).

I think all the universes but 7 will be erased, then brought back with the Super Dragon Balls.

And I can't wait to upgrade Super Shrenron to 2-C if that happens.

Ryukama said:
Of course Goku is a combat genius, but besides fighting techniques we rarely get to see his intellect shine. And him being pretty dumb is often the butt of many jokes. It's mostly his power that settles things. I like the idea that Goku won this tournament through coming up with a smart idea, and one that absolutely no one believed in, as opposed to winning cause of his power.
It might not end up as a smart idea if Frieza get the Super Dragon Balls & grant himself omnipotence OVO

Goku purposely stalls Frieza so that his time limit runs out and he goes back to Other World before the wish can be made '''OVOVOVOVO'''

I just though of something...

Since goku is going to lose to jiren, he can now focus on his rematch with beerus before trying to challenge jiren again. Maybe a beerus vs MUI goku Could happen (since apperantly beerus is only slightly inferior)

Btw I'm certain it's going to be a draw. Both universes survive. I don't see it any other way. The death beam is just going to be a wake up call signifying he is still in the arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back