• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 61: It's almost time and 30 secs in an episode is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say a while ago you'd love to see Goku still lose?

Don't get the wrong idea, I am still kinda laughing at Goku and Toei because of all the worthless transformations and the jobbing, but Toei's writing just trash I would love to see this evolves in a different way

But Eh when did DBS raise up to the expectations?

What a absolute waste of a transformation. I understand that this happened with SSG against Beerus but MUI is supposed to be the form of all forms. It's a damn state that even the damn gods have a hard time achieving. The fact that it was defeated is just absurd. I'm not even bothered by the fact that Goku is defeated, I'm bothered that the the most OP form is practically just treated like a toss away transformation.´╗┐

This

Jobbo said:
Same thing happened to SSJ3.
Not really, Goku could totally kill Buu using SSJ3 but he throws the match because of plot, even when he fought Kid Buu he could have won but wasted too much time

The problem with UI it that they shoved it down to our throats for months but in the end it did nothing, especially the MUI, this shit was fanfic idea brought to life and it disappointed as every other form in Super, but Eh I am tired of ranting let's wait and see how things wrap up

Aceraspire said:
What a absolute waste of a transformation. I understand that this happened with SSG against Beerus but MUI is supposed to be the form of all forms. It's a damn state that even the damn gods have a hard time achieving. The fact that it was defeated is just absurd. I'm not even bothered by the fact that Goku is defeated, I'm bothered that the the most OP form is practically just treated like a toss away transformation.´╗┐

This
Don't worry perhaps the MUI runs out

So according to new interviews, the ending of super is left in a way where toriyama may continue doing a story down the line. So jiren still being superior to goku isn't so bad if he may continue the story. Maybe some more development for jiren if he is going to be relavent again.

@Melee I can agree that maybe from the beginning they could've made Jiren less ridiculously OP. Yet since they did end up making him that strong, I don't want one asspull power up in less than an hour to be enough to defeat him.

I think hiding from sight and then waiting until the perfect moment to strike is also a pretty good strategy. Though a time up would be satisfying to see since it'd be a direct consequence of Jiren's arrogance and laziness throughout the tournament.

@JackJoyce When did I ever claim it wasn't an asspull? Please direct me to any point in that post where I said "Jiren being so strong without explanation isn't an asspull".

Of course Goku is a combat genius, but besides fighting techniques we rarely get to see his intellect shine. And him being pretty dumb is often the butt of many jokes. It's mostly his power that settles things. I like the idea that Goku won this tournament through coming up with a smart idea, and one that absolutely no one believed in, as opposed to winning cause of his power.

I will say that Ryu did in fact convince me on this ending. However, I still in my heart wanted Goku to win just to see the look on Belmod's face.

I can make my peace with Goku taking another L in DBS. That's what he is good for now a days anyway. In fact I am happy for Freeza.

All I wanted was UI should own Jiren. This transformation which is hyped up for so long, is a big deal. The entirety of DBS leads to this moment where Goku surpasses the GoDs. It will feel wasted if UI Goku still lost to Jiren.

btw nobody is going to mention what kind of beast Jiren is? I know its a asspull but seriously? Fought female-broly, Goku ssjb, kaioken like 2 a 3 times, UI omen (2 times, UI master. Vegeta ssjb, final flash, against Goku Vegeta 17 and Freeza at the same time and Hit? And people thought he has stamina issue (the reason he did not fight in the beginning of the TOP.\. Isn't he like angel tier but without MUI?

Pannaliciour said:
btw nobody is going to mention what kind of beast Jiren is? I know its a asspull but seriously? Fought female-broly, Goku ssjb, kaioken like 2 a 3 times, UI omen (2 times, UI master. Vegeta ssjb, final flash, against Goku Vegeta 17 and Freeza en Hit? And people thought he has stamina issue. Isn't he like angel tier but without MUI?
I mean not all at once if you think about it.

AKM sama said:
I can make my peace with Goku taking another L in DBS. That's what he is good for now a days anyway. In fact I am happy for Freeza.
All I wanted was UI should own Jiren. This transformation which is hyped up for so long, is a big deal. The entirety of DBS leads to this moment where Goku surpasses the GoDs. It will feel wasted if UI Goku still lost to Jiren.

Losing to Jiren isn't the same as not beeing above GoD's. Besides maybe UI run out.

sad he takes another L but oh well it was still a great way to take it regardless

Darkmon cns said:
Last I checked people complained about goku winning.
Nope
Nope.avi

Just that after this entire tourney, full of pulling of the rear end for Goku to be stronk, he still failed. Like a loser.

Ryukama said:
@Melee I can agree that maybe from the beginning they could've made Jiren less ridiculously OP. Yet since they did end up making him that strong, I don't want one asspull power up in less than an hour to be enough to defeat him.
I think hiding from sight and then waiting until the perfect moment to strike is also a pretty good strategy. Though a time up would be satisfying to see since it'd be a direct consequence of Jiren's arrogance and laziness throughout the tournament.

@JackJoyce When did I ever claim it wasn't an asspull? Please direct me to any point in that post where I said "Jiren being so strong without explanation isn't an asspull".

Of course Goku is a combat genius, but besides fighting techniques we rarely get to see his intellect shine. And him being pretty dumb is often the butt of many jokes. It's mostly his power that settles things. I like the idea that Goku won this tournament through coming up with a smart idea, and one that absolutely no one believed in, as opposed to winning cause of his power.
I agree with most of your points, but I'm still a bit pissed that Goku takes yet another L against a major antagonist in Super. A form hyped up for months and stated to be beyond the gods is not enough to beat a quiet dude with a generic backstory. If they had kept Goku at UI Omen and then made him lose, I would've been fine, but I cannot accept MUI losing to Jiren, asspull powerup or not.

Nope
Nope.avi

Just that after this entire tourney, full of pulling of the rear end for Goku to be stronk, he still failed. Like a loser.

Most I've seen in other places still complain about goku wining all the time.

the only way i see goku losing is somehow getting his time limit of 2 mins shorten even more because he mastered it

Does it need to be spelled out for you that some people think different?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
the only way i see goku losing is somehow getting his time limit of 2 mins shorten even more because he mastered it
That or if the arena below him suddenly crumbles and he doesn't have time to get to surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back