• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 61: It's almost time and 30 secs in an episode is a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing Dragon Ball Xenoverse Goku doesn't exist in Heroes? I really don't know anything about the video games.

BlackeJan said:
Well either way apparently SSB beast SSJ4 so would we have to change Xeno Goku?
Xeno Goku profile remains as it is, the other SSB Xeno Goku which is another Goku is 2-B and much stronger than Super 3-A SSB Goku.

Dark649 said:
Xeno Goku profile remains as it is, the other SSB Xeno Goku which is another Goku is 2-B and much stronger than Super 3-A SSB Goku.
Wait....THERE IS A SSB XENO GOKU PROFILE?!

BlackeJan said:
Wait....THERE IS A SSB XENO GOKU PROFILE?!
No, and i don't think we will allow another 2-B Goku with just a SSB stronger than SS4.

Ah that also reminds me but are we gonna change the keys for DBS Goku? Like we kee the Pre-Tournament but we change the other keys since after his 1st UI (apparently) Goku gotten stronger from that point on

Dark649 said:
I think Goku became Low 2-C after the Anilaza fight.
His Base or transformation? He did take on Caulifa in his base (while tired) and was keeping up w/ both her and Kale in his SSJ2 (tired while keeping up)

I'm saying that Goku initially became Low 2-C after the Anilaza fight with SSB Kaioken for being comparable to Beyond SSB Vegeta that defeated God Toppo.

Goku is actually Low 2-C with just SSB now not SSBKK. Also I'm pretty sure it was after Kefla not Anilaza. He became that strong by breaking his limits with UIO.

So much for "no different from a God of Destruction", even a clown like Vegeta can beat him.

And I actually wanted vegeta to be comparable to beerus as well. Oh well, beerus apperantly can blitz toppo and vegeta into oblivion if MUI goku is above beerus not by much

He was defeated by Vegeta who is utter fodder compared to UIO Goku, let alone MUI Goku who Beerus is apparently close to.

It's simple.

Hakaishin toppo < SSB evolution vegeta <<<<< Less suppressed jiren < = UIO goku <<<<<<<< beerus < MUI goku >=< FP Jiren.

If that doesn't sound like toppo is trash in terms of being a hakaishin, then I don't know what.

actually....i just saw some spoilers for 131 and this didn't surprise me though sad lol

well one good thing about this is before the spoilers I was excited and hyped af for this last 2 episodes now I don't really care anymore LOL (this is good because now I'm not anxious for the rest of the next week)

Major essay in which I'll ineviatably be called an "apologist" incoming...

Look how many forms Goku got throughout the series without coming close to reaching Beerus. It makes sense for 2 (though technically 1 form with a previous incomplete version of it) to not be enough to reach Jiren.

I personally think it's better writing for Goku to still be below Jiren than for him to asspull this insane power that vastly dwarfs how powerful he's gotten over the course of entire arcs within just a few minutes.

Also for years now Goku has been getting humilated by Beerus. The entire series up until this point he was under him. The rivalry between these two has been far better established than that between Goku and Jiren. I think it's very satisfying to see Goku finally break through this wall and finally surpass Beerus after all this time.

Dragon Ball is all about breaking through previous limits, reaching greater heights and discovering higher levels of power. Finding new, stronger opponents. Goku's surpassed Beerus, now he has to work further towards surpassing this new opponent Jiren. I don't think the fact that there's a new limit Goku has to break takes away from this current milestone of his.

As for this taking away from Vegeta's speech, it really doesn't to me. Goku still broke his limits and mastered Ultra Instinct like Vegeta said he would. Goku is going to be one of the main contributors to Jiren's defeat, even if he didn't directly knock him out. Jiren lost primarily because Goku broke his limits. Vegeta was completely accurate and proved Belmod to be wrong.

Plus Frieza winning the tournament is kind of a win for Goku as well. Frieza wouldn't even be in the tournament if it wasn't for Goku. It was Goku's idea to bring him to the tournament. An idea that everyone thought was utterly insane. Literally nobody had faith in Goku in this regard. They second guessed and doubted Goku's decision a million times. I like that in the end Goku was vindicated and it was his crazy idea that won the tournament.

Additionally one of the major themes for the Tournament of Power is that power isn't the be all end all. I think U7 winning through superior strategy fits into this theme far more than them winning cause of an asspull power boost.

Lastly I get why so many people wanted Goku to win since he's been taking L's left and right throughout Super and was the total underdog against Jiren. However we all know Goku is really strong, can break his limits and asspull new strength. What we rarely get to see him do is come out on top with his brains instead of his muscles. Everyone knows Goku's no genius at all, especially in Super. Goku winning with wits is a FAR greater underdog story than him winning with power. And that's what we saw him do. Goku got Universe 7 the win because he came up with the crazy yet ultimately smart idea of bringing Frieza along.

TLDR: This ending makes perfect sense, satisfies the theme of power not being everything in this tournament, concluded the age long rivalry between Goku and Beerus, established a new exciting challenge for Goku to overcome which is the whole point of DB, completely proved Vegeta's epic speech right and was the ultra underdog story. I liked it.

I would be okay if UI Goku totally owned Jiren and beat him to pulp, just like Vegito did to Zamasu. Then I'm guessing Goku's power will run out and Jiren will knock him out, again just like Vegito vs Zamasu.

Then either Freeza will knock out a drained and injured Jiren, or he will asspull something like Future Trunks lol

Agreed Ryukama. I don't mind goku still being below jiren, do to the fact that his goal in Super was to surpass beerus, which he will mostlikely achieve. Tho I would have been better if super continued, that way we would know that goku will strive to get even stronger and surpass a new benchmark (jiren) or he will strive for higher (perhaps reaching angel level). I really do hope db returns again, even if it takes a couple of years

@Ryukuma

I get your overall point, but to me, it just means that they never should have made Jiren this powerful. I think Goku should have beaten Jiren, who should have never been written to be stronger than a GoD (or just Beerus).

Jiren has basically zero explanation as to why he's as strong as he is.

Also if they wanted to go with the "winning by strategy route" then they just should have had the time run out and U7 win by numbers. It would have been way more satisfying seeing how Jiren took his sweet time messing around.

@Ryukama So Jiren being stronger than GODs with zero explanation isn't an asspull?

Everyone know Goku's no genius at all

His second fight with Hit clearly disapproves that. Also his wisdom & faith on Gohan during Cell Games Saga is worth a mention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back