• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Yeah the original dub tried to make Goku seem like a Hero, however in the manga and Z kai it was about him accepting being the super sayian
Yes, I think Goku's arc in the early parts of Z is about him accepting his origins and taking an attitude more similar to his race as well as being a little more proud in certain aspects thanks to Vegeta.

Goku purifies his intentions with martial arts, hence why he can kill without consequences unlike Vegeta as he isn't killing pure intentions like survival or self defense or to protect others
I don't know, no explanation was given other than that Goku fought with the intention of enjoying the fights, surpassing himself, protecting his friends, etc. unlike Vegeta who wanted to show who was better along with his sadistic actions towards his opponents and some other things that I don't remember, he explains it when he accepts that Goku is number 1 in the Buu saga

It says generate a ki blast with Hakai energy. It’s a ki blast that uses Hakai energy since Hakai is a type of god ki.
Don't know how you got that last part from the deacription, non sequitur dude, it using hakai energy doesn't mean that hakai energy is ki, more over it doesn't mean that it is God Ki, really don't know how you got that from the description "ki blast amped by Hakai energy"

Don't know how you got that last part from the deacription, non sequitur dude, it using hakai energy doesn't mean that hakai energy is ki, more over it doesn't mean that it is God Ki, really don't know how you got that from the description "ki blast amped by Hakai energy"
Where are you getting ki blast amped by Hakai energy from. It says that the technique destructive fission is a Ki blast GENERATED by Hakai energy.

Wdym? He literally let Frieza live after murdering a bunch of people and threatening to murder everyone in Z. I don't care about the "shame" mechanic, that nearly left everyone dead.
Tbf one could chalk up Goku's decision to spare Frieza in Z was because A) all of the Namekians, part of the reason why Goku promised to stop Freiza, were revived with the Namekian DBs and B) Goku had become a Super Saiyan and simultaneously broke Frieza's pride and utterly humiliated him by him, a mere "monkey", being stronger then Frieza. Of course as soon as Frieza tried to double him, Goku instantly went for the killing move and in Future Trunks' timeline he didn't leave Frieza alive. And what I think Frieza did for Goku was that, from my perspective, he taught Goku that some people just can't be redeemed or given mercy.

But in Super? It's even more egregious because not only did Goku know by then that Frieza was unwilling to redeem himself and still was willing to let him go, but he also was going to let Frieza go with the knowledge that Frieza's potential would able him to just train for even longer and come back to kill Goku once and for all. You could say that Goku did kill Frieza after Whis rewinded time, but that was only when he saw Frieza destroy the Earth and everyone on it...he shouldn't have even bothered to spare him the first time around.

But in Super? It's even more egregious because not only did Goku know by then that Frieza was unwilling to redeem himself and still was willing to let him go, but he also was going to let Frieza go with the knowledge that Frieza's potential would able him to just train for even longer and come back to kill Goku once and for all. You could say that Goku did kill Frieza after Whis rewinded time, but that was only when he saw Frieza destroy the Earth and everyone on it...he shouldn't have even bothered to spare him the first time around.
Here's the thing. Goku is shown to LEARN from that. He's real subtle about it, though. When he offers to bring Frieza back using Earth's Dragon Balls? He can't, and he knows that. Frieza was already brought back. Whis is the one who screwed that up. The first time though, he probably just got cocky because him and Vegeta were both jacked.

No it isn't, it is never said that it is generated BY hakai energy, only that it is a Ki blast fulled with hakai energy
That doesn’t change what I said. Destructive Fission is an attack that is full of hakai energy, as opposed to normal energy.
Being full of a thing and being created by a thing are in no way the same, actually.
It‘s a EoD technique the same way God Bind is a technique that uses God Ki; this ability is an ability that uses EoD (better variant of aura of a god)

Though we can agree to disagree

Here's the thing. Goku is shown to LEARN from that. He's real subtle about it, though. When he offers to bring Frieza back using Earth's Dragon Balls? He can't, and he knows that. Frieza was already brought back. Whis is the one who screwed that up. The first time though, he probably just got cocky because him and Vegeta were both jacked.
Another Porygon situation, my boi Goku is gettin blamed for something Whis did

That doesn’t change what I said. Destructive Fission is an attack that is full of hakai energy, as opposed to normal energy.
That is completely different to what you said earlier, you earlier said that the ki used in it was made with EoD
It‘s a EoD technique the same way God Bind is a technique that uses God Ki;
Considering that God Bind uses God ki instead of regular ki but this one uses normal Ki Amped by EoD.......no they are not the same thing

this ability is an ability that uses EoD (better variant of aura of a god)
where are you getting this from?

That is completely different to what you said earlier, you earlier said that the ki used in it was made with EoD

Considering that God Bind uses God ki instead of regular ki but this one uses normal Ki Amped by EoD.......no they are not the same thing

where are you getting this from?
I said that the Ki blast in destructive fission uses PoD as opposed to normal Ki. As it’s filled with hakai energy.

E.o.D/Aura can’t be sensed by mortals.

I said that the Ki blast in destructive fission uses PoD as opposed to normal Ki. As it’s filled with hakai energy.
the description literally says that it uses Ki + Hakai Energy, where did you got that it uses hakai energy only?

E.o.D/Aura can’t be sensed by mortals.
care to give some examples? pretty sure that is because of the God Ki all the users of PoD have instead of being because of the PoD

the description literally says that it uses Ki + Hakai Energy, where did you got that it uses hakai energy only?

care to give some examples? pretty sure that is because of the God Ki all the users of PoD have instead of being because of the PoD
It doesn’t say the Ki blast uses Ki it says the Ki blast is full of hakai energy so It uses hakai energy as opposed to mortal Ki.

Sure. 0:21
When Toppo uses his G.o.D mode Shin comments on Toppo’s Ki and then says that his Ki is identical to that of a gods. He specifically says Ki if you listen, but the translation on the subtitles says energy because energy and Ki are interchangeable in DB if it isn’t already self-evident. I could probably find even more examples of EoD being Ki or God Ki I just didn’t think something this obvious would need to be proven.

because energy and Ki are interchangeable in DB
Right, but, simultaneously, 気 is used to describe even the energy that the Spirit Bomb receives, or the energy that the Androids use. Besides, Toppo had literally only began the transformation when the East Supreme Kai made the comment, he clearly was not referring to the Power of Destruction, because the Gods of Destruction are not continuously using the Power of Destruction.

When Toppo uses his G.o.D mode Shin comments on Toppo’s Ki and then says that his Ki is identical to that of a gods. He specifically says Ki if you listen, but the translation on the subtitles says energy because energy and Ki are interchangeable in DB if it isn’t already self-evident. I could probably find even more examples of EoD being Ki or God Ki I just didn’t think something this obvious would need to be proven.
You can really hear "ki", and he even mentions that it is similar to that of the gods.

So for me it becomes more evident that the power of destruction is a type of God Ki.

Right, but, simultaneously, 気 is used to describe even the energy that the Spirit Bomb receives, or the energy that the Androids use. Besides, Toppo had literally only began the transformation when the East Supreme Kai made the comment, he clearly was not referring to the Power of Destruction, because the Gods of Destruction are not continuously using the Power of Destruction.
So if he made the comment when Toppo was transforming, then why would it not be referring to the transformation?

Shin literally says “Kami no Ki”

Back