• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Besides, Toppo had literally only began the transformation when the East Supreme Kai made the comment, he clearly was not referring to the Power of Destruction, because the Gods of Destruction are not continuously using the Power of Destruction.
Before the Supreme Kai spoke, it was already possible to see the purple aura of the power of destruction.

So the moment he releases this energy, the supreme kai already comments that it is a ki identical to that of the gods.

It doesn’t say the Ki blast uses Ki it says the Ki blast is full of hakai energy so It uses hakai energy as opposed to mortal Ki.
a ki blast will use ki dude........what else would it use? also it never says that it uses "hakai energy as oposed to mortal ki" it says that it uses hakai energy to fuel the ki blast

Sure. 0:21
When Toppo uses his G.o.D mode Shin comments on Toppo’s Ki and then says that his Ki is identical to that of a gods. He specifically says Ki if you listen

which proves that he acquired God ki yes, which is obvious as a God of destruction is a God, if EoD was the reason for him to say this and it was a type of ki as you said, then his Ki wouldn't be equal to that of a God in general, but only to a GoD specifically, yet no distinction is made until they see him using Hakai, if EoD was a different type of God Ki then people would be able to feel it as the specific Ki a GoD has instead of just perceiving it as a normal God ki

but the translation on the subtitles says energy because energy and Ki are interchangeable in DB if it isn’t already self-evident.
......it isn't tho? Energy as in the one used in Ki is "Genki", which is not the same as the other word for energy in japanese "Enerugi"

I could probably find even more examples of EoD being Ki or God Ki I just didn’t think something this obvious would need to be proven.
it isn't obvious at all

a ki blast will use ki dude........what else would it use? also it never says that it uses "hakai energy as oposed to mortal ki" it says that it uses hakai energy to fuel the ki blast

which proves that he acquired God ki yes, which is obvious as a God of destruction is a God, if EoD was the reason for him to say this and it was a type of ki as you said, then his Ki wouldn't be equal to that of a God in general, but only to a GoD specifically, yet no distinction is made until they see him using Hakai, if EoD was a different type of God Ki then people would be able to feel it as the specific Ki a GoD has instead of just perceiving it as a normal God ki

......it isn't tho? Energy as in the one used in Ki is "Genki", which is not the same as the other word for energy in japanese "Enerugi"

it isn't obvious at all
I can’t understand some of this, but I’ll leave it at agree to disagree. If G.o.D Toppo’s ki being called a god’s ki isn’t enough for you then go make a CRT about it. I’m not about to argue days about this.

for me to make a CRT it would need to be something that is accepted in the first place.......which i don't see anything withing the canon profiles that would even suggest that it is sooooo

Goku isn't a conventional hero but he's still pure of heart. Even as a kid he'd do random acts of kindness for strangers he just met. Goku is a sweet good natured person, and in all honesty what Super didn't wasn't character assassination, but more akin to flounderization, highlighting specific qualities for the sake of comedy.

Super Goku is still Goku, DBS was just generally a more lighthearted series than Z, therefor more opportunities for his goofy side to shine.

"No, see, I don't think of it like I'm saving the world. The fact is, it's because I'm usually trying to challenge the strongest warriors I can find. That's how this tournament happened, too. But I can't bear the thought of innocent lives getting wiped out just because I want to fight the best. So, I'll do what I can for them."

- Goku explaining his motivations to Android 17

Yeah I don't know wtf that was about, the manga fixed it to him being surprised Vegeta of all people would be meditating, but that shit was goofy

Goku isn't a conventional hero but he's still pure of heart. Even as a kid he'd do random acts of kindness for strangers he just met. Goku is a sweet good natured person, and in all honesty what Super didn't wasn't character assassination, but more akin to flounderization, highlighting specific qualities for the sake of comedy.

Super Goku is still Goku, DBS was just generally a more lighthearted series than Z, therefor more opportunities for his goofy side to shine.
I don't know about you personally, but instances like Goku being willing to let Frieza go during Revival of F is something he shouldn't have done or considered in the first place IMO.

Yes, Goku's been known to spare a number of his enemies which later became his friends or his allies, but he spared Frieza twice on Namek and both in instances the guy tried to kill Goku and was unwilling to turn a new leaf. That's why Goku blasted him in the end and, with that look he gave at the end of the fight, indicates that he perhaps learned that there are individuals who are incapable of and undeserving of redemption like Frieza and the fact he took out Mecha Frieza in Future Trunks' timeline would indicate that he didn't offer mercy against him for the third times . So, when he fights a much stronger Frieza and was going to let him go when Frieza was weaker and beat, I find that to be irritating because he should better then that and understand that Frieza is too dangerous to let live...especially now that he's learned Frieza can surpass years decades worth of training in months, and that the potential possibility of Frieza just returning much stronger and killing everyone is enough reason for anyone to not let him live.

So let me make this a little clear: I'm not advocating for Goku to kill any and all enemies he faces now and in the future, I'm simply saying that Super Goku should be capable at this point of discerning who can be redeemed and who is irredeemable and act accordingly with that information. It's the same vein as why, in my opinion, Goku should've taken out Moro when he had the upper hand in MUI because he was far too dangerous and unrepenting to keep alive

Last edited:
Considering these guys can't breathe in space, you'd think Goku would know to kill the mass destroyers who could kill everyone by literally just performing a space drive-by

Considering these guys can't breathe in space, you'd think Goku would know to kill the mass destroyers who could kill everyone by literally just performing a space drive-by
At this point, I'd totally be down with them retconning it so that Saiyans are capable of fully breathing in space because a lot of side media, and instances in canon material, show instances of characters like Goku just flying or fighting in space without much issue.

I mean it just saves a massive headache of constantly arguing if Saiyans can breathe in space or not, I say just make it canon and be done with it so people don't ask things like that lol

At this point, I'd totally be down with them retconning it so that Saiyans are capable of fully breathing in space because a lot of side media, and instances in canon material, show instances of characters like Goku just flying or fighting in space without much issue.

I mean it just saves a massive headache of constantly arguing if Saiyans can breathe in space or not, I say just make it canon and be done with it so people don't ask things like that lol
Is it ever specifically shown in the main continuity that Saiyans can't breathe in space?

Back