• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I've found the arguments against Infinite Speed DB to be extremely weak, given they apply to virtually every infinite speed character on the website. I personally find 'Infinite Speed' to be an incredibly stupid concept that is endlessly contradicted even by the fastest characters in fiction and shouldn't even exist as a statistic.
******* thank you

I feel like I am being ignored lol but anyways in this wiki we already accepted that dragon ball is infinite(maybe) so there is no problem against infinite speed characters in db since lets say frieza space ship travel through the universe in second and the universe is infinite hence the speed wouldn't be mftl+ only but greater due to the cosmology. So yea I find the arguments against infinite speed seems somewhat weak and dry. This is my pince of salt though

That would be resistance to electricity and heat, correct? Does resisting natural rays grant something more? I saw that for some reason goku toei doesn't have resistance to electricity and heat at that level.

How we treat multipliers on this site is so funny. Only 50x and 20x, nothing else. According to us, ssj goku is the same strength as super saiyan God goku.

The 'likely higher' doesn't mean or do anything for scaling.

We will calc the most absurd shit but using a bit of basic reasoning is a no go.

Like I sorta get it, it's just funny.

Goku and Vegeta can't breathe in space.

Goku breathing in a ******* empty void just fine after Zen'O erased Future Trunks's timeline.
Damn its sad at least nobody use this to arge why goku is below universal
Why Kermit the Frog memes are so popular, according to science - BBC News

How we treat multipliers on this site is so funny. Only 50x and 20x, nothing else. According to us, ssj goku is the same strength as super saiyan God goku.

We will calc the most absurd shit but using a bit of basic reasoning is a no go.

Why does the wiki not accept the ssj2 and 3 multiplier?

It is above, unquantifiably above

Tbh the 2x multiplier being a stomp could be explained by Gohan having a rage amp to go along with the transformation. SS2 is a 2x, what allowed him to stomp cell is an unquantifiable rage boost. Later in the Gohan vs Dabura fight Gohan is stated to be capable of beating Dabura if he gets angry.

It's either a rage boost or some sort of potential unlock.

I mean, you can just downscale SSJ Gohan from his SSJ2 self.

And the turning a stomp around therefore not valid argument is weak, in Dragon Ball just being slightly stronger than your opponent can lead to you utter stomping them, even with gaps less than a 1.5x

I mean, you can just downscale SSJ Gohan from his SSJ2 self.

And the turning a stomp around therefore not valid argument is weak, in Dragon Ball just being slightly stronger than your opponent can lead to you utter stomping them, even with gaps less than a 1.5x
In dbz it's really common for a difference of 2x to be something quite absurd, and sometimes not so much. I think it depends.

Tbh the 2x multiplier being a stomp could be explained by Gohan having a rage amp to go along with the transformation. SS2 is a 2x, what allowed him to stomp cell is an unquantifiable rage boost. Later in the Gohan vs Dabura fight Gohan is stated to be capable of beating Dabura if he gets angry.

It's either a rage boost or some sort of potential unlock.
I just put it as SSJ Gohan not showing his true power before 16 death due to lack of motivation (Your state of mind also affect how much Ki you can output).

Once he went SSJ2 not only did he become twice as strong, but was actually motivated to fight, so he seemed to gain a bigger boost than normal.

In fact I think El Manga Legendario says SSJ Gohan was outright stronger than Cell and that's why he realized that fight was pointless.

As for the Super Saiyan 3 being a larger increase than any of the other transformation. Couldn't that be explained by Goku's power increase from SS2 to SS3 being larger than SS1-SS2 or Base-SS1?

Base Goku: 1
SS Goku: 50 (49 points increase)
SS2 Goku: 100 (50 points increase)
SS3 Goku: 400 (300 points increase)

Back