• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Janemba definitive edition

Janemba was a being of pure evil created in the explosion of the soul purifying machine, an accident caused by the irresponsibility of a young ogre responsible for watching over it. With the explosion of this machine, the young ogre ended up absorbing all evil thoughts, transforming himself into Janemba.

Said in the work itself that Janemba is thoughts of evil

Nota: "Janemba" (ジャネンバ) " significa "Ondas de Maus Pensamentos".

According to Hermes name pun guide, the name "Janemba" comes from "jaaku na nenba", which translates as "evil thought wave".

Guide sort of confirms that Janemba is the evil thoughts of all souls purifies by the washer of souls and Hermes compares to movie mentioning

Source

@Executor_N0 mentioned that Ki can mean many things

"Ki in the literal sense can mean mood, spirit, feelings, thoughts and many other things."

Fonte

In the Brazilian translation, evil thoughts are used (we are not based on the Brazilian translation, it is just to give more weight to things) which we agree, the Brazilian translation makes a lot of sense to what Janemba and what he represents.

Out of respect for Janemba, we have a guide also mentioning that Janemba is part of all evil ki

その波紋を通り抜け、ジャネンバの腕は悟空に攻撃を加えていく!
Passing through ripples, Janemba's arm attacks Goku!
"波紋" literally means ripples

しかも、 悟空のいる場所めがけて、寸分の狂いもなく見舞われて来るのだ。
Furthermore, he aims at Goku's location without a second thought.

悪の気が充満した、この世界すべてが、すでにジャネンバの一部なのか!?
Filled with Evil Ki, is that entire world already a part of Janemba?

Again, the term used here is "悪の気" (Aku no Ki)

In regards to being a part of Janemba, it's "一部な" that is literally "a part" or just "one part"

source of this translation

Another guide mentions that Janemba is formed by evil Which/ can mean evil from such being or evil thoughts

The guidebooks/magazines are just to give more weight here about Janemba's existence!

Done in question, Janemba was molding every other world with his manipulation of reality and distorting all laws and order, it was even affecting the dimension where Pikkon and Goku were fighting which is on the big Kaio planet.

( Toei cosmology is accepted as 2-C right here )

Well, what am I proposing?

Low 2-C for Janemba with scaled reality manipulation, abstract existence, and that's about it.

Agrees: @LephyrTheRevanchist ( low 2-C , and disagrees with Janemba's abstract existence), @Stryker861, @Nullflowerblush ( low 2-C, disagrees with abstract existence), @speedster352, @Quasar002, @godofice, @ God900, @The_2nd_Existential_Seed

Disagree:

Neutral: @Torrus_Silvèr, @omegabronic, and @Hasty12345

Last edited:

Janemba was a being of pure evil created in the explosion of the soul purifying machine, an accident caused by the irresponsibility of a young ogre responsible for watching over it. With the explosion of this machine, the young ogre ended up absorbing all evil thoughts, transforming himself into Janemba.

According to Hermes name pun guide, the name "Janemba" comes from "jaaku na nenba", which translates as "evil thought wave".

Guide sort of confirms that Janemba is the evil thoughts of all souls purifies by the washer of souls and Hermes compares to movie mentioning
Source

In the movie there is a mention citing that Janemba came from the evil Ki of souls

"Ki in the literal sense can mean mood, spirit, feelings, thoughts and many other things."

Fonte

In the Brazilian translation, evil thoughts are used (we are not based on the Brazilian translation, it is just to give more weight to things) which we agree, the Brazilian translation makes a lot of sense to what Janemba and what he represents.

Well, we also have several guides or magazines supporting being evil thoughts or evil ideas.

Out of respect for Janemba, we have a guide also mentioning that Janemba is part of all evil souls

Janemba's arm passes through the ripples and attacks into the sword of Goku, the sword of Goku, and into his mouth! Moreover, it was aimed at the spot where Goku was, without missing a beat. The world is coming. Is this whole world, filled with the spirit of evil, already a part of Janemba?

The guidebooks/magazines are just to give more weight here about Janemba's existence!

Resurrection (raised all the dead on earth)

Janemba low 2-C, he warped all of the afterlife, passively sustaining it and nullifying its order, creating chaos in the living world ( Toei cosmology is accepted as 2-C right here )

Low 2-C for Janemba with scaled reality manipulation, resurrection (raised everyone from the dead, including Frieza and the villains from other movies), abstract existence, and that's about it.

2-C through manipulation of reality makes sense. I don't know if that scales to ki as well. About abstract existence I'll wait for more arguments.

Just to let you know it’d be Low 2-C via Reality Warping & Law Manipulation (Not Reality Manipulation)

But yeah I agree with AE since he’s an evil thoughts/ideas and a evil spirit but he should have Avatar Creation for possessing others with his evil ideas as well
Is Janemba from games a better complement to reinforce the idea of him being abstract as well?

Is Janemba from games a better complement to reinforce the idea of him being abstract as well?
Only shown to warp afterlife. No kaioshin realm nor living world.
Mind if I use some mentions from the games referring to Janemba being evil ideas or evil thoughts to support abstract existence?

Of the games, Janemba is even used in the movie, with some differences, sometimes even absorbed by Kid Buu.

I don't know about abstract existence, given that, essentially, you are using his name as basis (since the stuff about "evil ki" would refer in-verse to his energy). The rest I don't see a problem (for now)

I don't know about abstract existence, given that, essentially, you are using his name as basis (since the stuff about "evil ki" would refer in-verse to his energy). The rest I don't see a problem (for now)
Basically that squeezed from of souls 's evil energy (which is in this case Ki of evil) Janemba is basically evil in the form of energy.

I always interpreted it as the evil corrupted and empowered the oni. So without a proper vessel, the evil does nothing (and janemba himself wouldn't be the physical incarnation of the amalgamation of evil souls, moreso a corrupted and possessed being).

I always interpreted it as the evil corrupted and empowered the oni. So without a proper vessel, the evil does nothing (and janemba himself wouldn't be the physical incarnation of the amalgamation of evil souls, moreso a corrupted and possessed being).
About the tier and resurrection do you agree?

A nominal fallacy???
Ki mention #1.

"... But it has a well-defined meaning in Dragon Ball. I'm unsure why the Brazilian translation decided to translate that as thoughts instead of using Ki, as they normally just left Ki as is."

Ki mention #2.
Another guide mentions that Janemba is formed by evil Which/ can mean evil from such being or evil thoughts

Ki mention #3.

Nothing in the OP even remotely suggests that Janemba is the abstract form of evil itself. The film, the databooks presented in the OP, and the Daizenshuu 7 all make one thing very clear: Janemba is the Psychedelic Oni after being mutated by evil Ki. There is nothing abstract about its existence, as its very existence is tied to that of a very corporeal entity.

Everything else is fine, though.

A nominal fallacy???

Ki mention #1.

"... But it has a well-defined meaning in Dragon Ball. I'm unsure why the Brazilian translation decided to translate that as thoughts instead of using Ki, as they normally just left Ki as is."

Ki mention #2.

Ki mention #3.

Nothing in the OP even remotely suggests that Janemba is the abstract form of evil itself. The film, the databooks presented in the OP, and the Daizenshuu 7 all make one thing very clear: Janemba is the Psychedelic Oni after being mutated by evil Ki. There is nothing abstract about its existence, as its very existence is tied to that of a very corporeal entity.

Everything else is fine, though.
I may not be too knowledgeable about this but aren’t their data books saying that Janemba is just the concept or thought of evil itself?

Quote is on CRT, please read before commenting, thank you very much!
I did read it, and the only thing that even touches in low 2-C is you making a claim with no evidence, and if the evidence is in the OP I can’t find it because the formatting isn’t the best.

you spend the majority of the time talking about AE

I did read it, and the only thing that even touches in low 2-C is you making a claim with no evidence, and if the evidence is in the OP I can’t find it because the formatting isn’t the best.

you spend the majority of the time talking about AE
It's not bad formatting, just pay a little more attention and you'll find it good, I'll put it as neutral and that's it.

Source

In the movie there is a mention citing that Janemba came from the evil Ki of souls

Fonte

Out of respect for Janemba, we have a guide also mentioning that Janemba is part of all evil ki

その波紋を通り抜け、ジャネンバの腕は悟空に攻撃を加えていく!
Passing through ripples, Janemba's arm attacks Goku!
"波紋" literally means ripples

しかも、 悟空のいる場所めがけて、寸分の狂いもなく見舞われて来るのだ。
Furthermore, he aims at Goku's location without a second thought.

In regards to being a part of Janemba, it's "一部な" that is literally "a part" or just "one part"

source of this translation

https://imgur.com/a/L0W7KwK

Resurrection (raised all the dead on earth)

Janemba low 2-C, he warped all of the afterlife, passively sustaining it and nullifying its order, creating chaos in the living world ( Toei cosmology is accepted as 2-C right here )

Low 2-C for Janemba with scaled reality manipulation, resurrection (raised everyone from the dead, including Frieza and the villains from other movies), abstract existence, and that's about it.

Dude you have to stop using the brazilian translations, like, use direct translations instead

I don’t see anything in that imgur link that suggests what you’re claiming
For an explanation: His corruption affected the entirety of the otherworld, as it went from Hell up to Grand Kai's planet (which sits atop Heaven). So he's affecting a Low 2-C realm passively (and was threatening to spread to the living world if not stopped).

That's in his base form, who also can briefly fight Ssj3 Goku who made the entire afterlife tremble with his ki, until he transformed and stomped on Ssj3 Goku.

For an explanation: His corruption affected the entirety of the otherworld, as it went from Hell up to Grand Kai's planet (which sits atop Heaven). So he's affecting a Low 2-C realm passively (and was threatening to spread to the living world if not stopped).
Well, the realm itself is low 2-C, but what is the proof that he was affecting the entire past pressent and future of the realm?

That's in his base form, who also can briefly fight Ssj3 Goku who made the entire afterlife tremble with his ki, until he transformed and stomped on Ssj3 Goku.
See that all makes me think an high 3-A rating seems more reasonable

Back