• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

No, the thing is King Crimson is easy to understand if it wasn't for bad trasnlation, Hit seems to be legitimately confusing.

Unless you were memeing and not being serious, in that case sorry for not getting it.
King Crimson is explained perfectly fine. The issue is that, (like Hit), what we see is directly contradicted to the ability’s description.

This video goes over it perfectly.

That’s not to say you couldn’t figure out how to make sense of it, but most of that would be headcanoning an explanation where there wasn’t one.

\> "Super Saiyan Full Power" is not this article's official English name, it is used as there is currently no official translation or suitable name.
\> This form features the same Japanese name as Broly's green-haired form (超サイヤ人フルパワー) which is translated as "Full Power Super Saiyan" in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, or "Super Saiyan Full Power" on the Dragon Ball Official Site.

Classic Dragon Ball Wiki.

Also, I’d say no. While Frieza’s power level certainly doubled, we’ve just axed any hypothetical (objectively correct but don’t match the Tiering System’s Gaps), battle powers. Though, I wouldn’t even consider Frieza apart of that list in general. Kaioken, Oozaru, and SSJ have consistent power level applications. (Kid Goku’s PL, Kaioken’s PLs throughout Saiyan and Namek Sagas, Goku’s Namek Saga PL as a SSJ, Goku’s Kili rating in Buu Saga), etc. etc. Frieza’s just kind of goes up and I don’t think it was ever stated his forms have that same linearity affect, which we specifically need because they straight up aren’t linear.

Edit: Speaking of the Kili, I think it should be used to downgrade Yakon’s Tier. Goku as a SSJ was suppressing himself to his Namek Saga strength (if you take the V-Jump statement of 1 Kili = 50K PL/BP, with an Kili Level of 3K = 150M PL/BP) and was far, far superior to the guy. He only forced Goku to go SSJ2 because he eats Light/Ki (strength), and given he was immediately killed when that happened, I think you could reasonably deduce that Namek Saga Goku’s strength is where Yakon’s absorption soft caps. Especially because the Dabura and Babidi confidence scaling scan is totally wrong, as they ONLY referred to the “Earthlings,” (Saiyans).

Last edited:
(if you take the V-Jump statement of 1 Kili = 50K PL/BP, with an Kili Level of 3K = 150M PL/BP)
Why, though?
What supplements V-Jump here?
I think you could reasonably deduce that Namek Saga Goku’s strength is where Yakon’s absorption soft caps.
Except, the Supreme Kai could all defeat Frieza in a single blow, and Yakon presented a legitimate threat to Shin.

Also, Goku powered up as a Super Saiyan, and Yakon could steal absorb his energy. He only died after Goku entered Super Saiyan 2.

Why, though?
What supplements V-Jump here?
I did say if.
Except, the Supreme Kai could all defeat Frieza in a single blow, and Yakon presented a legitimate threat to Shin.
No, they only referred to the Earthlings in the confidence scan. This is more apparent, because Shin was to be spared by Yakon.
Also, Goku powered up as a Super Saiyan, and Yakon could steal absorb his energy. He only died after Goku entered Super Saiyan 2.
I said soft cap because of that very reason. If you take V-Jump as accurate, he absorbed about Namek Saga SSJ Goku’s consistently, but when Goku went SSJ2 (doubled) his power, Yakon exploded. Thus, it is a soft cap. You can reasonably estimate that somewhere near this level is what he can absorb, since we know for a fact it’s not infinite.

Y'know, given Goku's Kili of 3000 and Yakon's Kili of 800 are directly compared, would downscaling Yakon from Goku be allowed?
Or, do I, again, need proof that the two are being compared specifically linearly?

We do know it's lower than 1.2 Million PL because that's 1% of his True Power AKA his Final Form at base.
Wouldn’t it necessarily be higher? His Second Form (as in the order we see it/named in games, not taking into account his forms work in reverse as limiters), had a power level of over 1 Million. How much over is uncertain, but over it.

Considering that was that form’s impressive benchmark (being literally about 1% of Frieza’s power), the Third Form should be substantially higher, no?

Y'know, given Goku's Kili of 3000 and Yakon's Kili of 800 are directly compared, would downscaling Yakon from Goku be allowed?
Or, do I, again, need proof that the two are being compared specifically linearly?
I mean, the comparison between them was that “Yakon wouldn’t stand a chance.” They only changed their tune when they remembered he could eat Ki/Light Energy, and even then Goku had already demonstrated total superiority over the magical beast in base form and only really went SSJ to flex. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if Yakon could downscale in some way, but I personally find it extremely dubious.

Wouldn’t it necessarily be higher? His Second Form (as in the order we see it/named in games, not taking into account his forms work in reverse as limiters), had a power level of over 1 Million. How much over is uncertain, but over it.

Considering that was that form’s impressive benchmark (being literally about 1% of Frieza’s power), the Third Form should be substantially higher, no?
I mean we know in Dragon Ball that a tiny difference in power levels can basically unleash a curb stomp battle, the third form wasn't given that much fanfare and it's biggest draw was it's speed which allowed it to overwhelm Piccolo.

I know it seems weird his second form basically doubled it's power and then his third form it's a tiny boost in comparison but it is what it is.

I mean we know in Dragon Ball that a tiny difference in power levels can basically unleash a curb stomp battle, the third form wasn't given that much fanfare and it's biggest draw was it's speed which allowed it to overwhelm Piccolo.

I know it seems weird his second form basically doubled its power and then his third form it's a tiny boost in comparison but it is what it is.
Ah. So it’s less that we know it has to be small and more that it could be small and we just don’t know for sure because tiny increases in DB lead to absurd results.

Where do the Super Saiyan 2s scale again? Directly to the Solar Kamehameha?
as of now, yeah, if that Small Star level First Form Freeza CRT passes tho, they will likely by quite a bit higher than that, or very close to it, before SSJ2's tho

someone just needs to make the scaling chain continuing to the Cell and Buu sagas as well, but meh

Instead of making one of those two accepted why not make a separate CRT for the one best suited?

Where do the Super Saiyan 2s scale again? Directly to the Solar Kamehameha?
Currently yes. Which is being changed to them scaling to 1/8th of the Solar Kamehameha IIRC but I'm waiting for the early DBZ revisions to get resolved and finished first before I implemenet that.

I think Dragon Ball characters from the Late Red Ribbon army arc and beyond should be at least Class M because Tao was able to exert 470.227 Metric Tons of force very casually, and 470.227 Metric Tons is not far off from 1000 Metric Tons of force which is the low end for Class M, it's not unreasonable to say that characters who scale to Tao and above are Class M

Honestly? I'm okay with this. I'm sure not all leakers are bad people or anything, but they really take the joy out of things being announced or released because they always find a way to leak it before it's announced. Sometimes it's more fulfilling when it's a surprise
Also I think it's about time leaks stop for Dragon ball given you know, Tori passed away

Black Frieza and Ultra Ego's reveal would've been so cool if it wasn't for the fact that everyone knew about both forms beforehand

I think Dragon Ball characters from the Late Red Ribbon army arc and beyond should be at least Class M because Tao was able to exert 470.227 Metric Tons of force very casually, and 470.227 Metric Tons is not far off from 1000 Metric Tons of force which is the low end for Class M, it's not unreasonable to say that characters who scale to Tao and above are Class M
You could only apply that If Tao exerted something like 995 metric tons casually, them it would be reasonable enough to upscale

Them arbitrarily downscaling eight-times from the Solar Kamehameha is what I hate.
There's no real basis, they just want them to scale to higher numbers.
I think it's from the scaling chain of SSJ3 Goku = Solar Kamehameha, and SSJ3 Goku scaling to 8 times over SSJ2 Gohan. Not just 8 times out of thin air.

Can the Super Exciting Guide's stars representing the effectiveness of Goku's training be used for multipliers?
Like, apparently, training in 100g (6★) is a hundred-times more effective in developing strength than training under Earth's gravity.

Can the Super Exciting Guide's stars representing the effectiveness of Goku's training be used for multipliers?
Like, apparently, training in 100g (6★) is a hundred-times more effective in developing strength than training under Earth's gravity.
I imagine not. At least, not without calc stacking, anyway. Because the multiplier is on training effectiveness, not actual improvement of power.

Back