• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Do we know that it is just him using a normal barrier?
Yeah, like what else It would be?
I would also say that we can't assume that it is standard with no reason, Vegetto himself shows several unique techniques,
He really din't trought. Like, besides the energy blade, most of what he shown is not that unique. And even then, that's would't mean his Ki Barriers are special too.
with Buu also knowing about normal barriers via his absorptions of experienced Ki users(supposedly as it is supposedly a basic Ki ability everyone knows) ans yet he ia surprised as to how Vegetto survived?
Using Buu absorbed knowleged don't really work. Like, MF try to use Smoke to try to blind Vegetto, even trought he have knowlegement Vegetto can sense his Ki.

Other reason your argument don't work is because Buu has no reason to know would Vegetto put a Ki Barrier, and that he ability would't work. Like, he absorption worked every time, and suddenly It din't work this time, he is obvious he would be surprised.

And also, none of the guys he absorbed would know they can use a Ki Barrier to protect themself of the absorption, since they never tried.
Also, if they could save themselves from being absorbed with something so "basic" why didn't Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan didn't out up one as it envelopted them to try and save themselves if it would have this ability to protect them?
They get caught off guard when Buu absorbed them and din't know about that the barrier could protect them, since they never tried.
It looking completely different?
So? Is the same concept of using your energy to defend yourself for being affected, the way It looks is whatever.
Why would a technique suddently look completely different if it is supposed to be the exact same?
Maybe It could be because Vegetto need to get absorbed, so he coated himself with Energy, instead of using a energy ball, since It would alert Buu.
I don't know.

This may be late but why in the world is there flight speed supersonic but kid Pan in the anime or manga flew around earth in less then a minute for training?

Also….where the hell did these upgrades come from for the frieza and cell saga?

No one can edit a blog, only the person who made it. The blog is already editted tho
Question. Wouldn’t removing the hypothetical multiplier scaling from Kaioken and Oozaru also axe hypothetical stats from downscaling/upscaling SSJ? I see no reason to assume different between the three when they’re all treated identically.

Question. Wouldn’t removing the hypothetical multiplier scaling from Kaioken and Oozaru also axe hypothetical stats from downscaling/upscaling SSJ? I see no reason to assume different between the three when they’re all treated identically.
The only thing being axed is using multipliers for power levels linearly, that's how we got KKx10 Namek Goku over First Form Frieza, that's how we downscaled the characters from Frieza's feat

The SSJ scaling does not use power levels to upscale or downscale, only the multiplier itself, and so will Kaio-ken and Oozaru from now on

The only thing being axed is using multipliers for power levels linearly, that's how we got KKx10 Namek Goku over First Form Frieza, that's how we downscaled the characters from Frieza's feat

The SSJ scaling does not use power levels to upscale or downscale, only the multiplier itself, and so will Kaio-ken and Oozaru from now on
KKx10 Namek Goku (Pre-Zenkai) would be over First Form Frieza, though. Like, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that conceptually, as far as I know. At least based on actual in series logic. The issue stems from our own tier listings and classification, (like how SSG has a multiplier, even if unknown, to make someone at BoG’s Goku Solar System-MSS self a Uni+ threat. Which makes no sense numerically/based on our own system, because that distance is literally multiple infinities.)

Last edited:
KKx10 Namek Goku (Pre-Zenkai) would be over First Form Frieza, though. Like, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that conceptually
There's nothing wrong with that conceptually, but you can't actually prove that without making the multipliers with power levels linear. Otherwise First Form Frieza is above him due to his feat of blowing up planet vegeta being far above anything in the saiyan saga even with the multipliers

On the DBH special ki page, it says that dark factor users resist vector manipulation from time power users but vector manipulation isn’t on the time power page and if iirc was removed a while ago. Did someone forget to remove it?

On the DBH special ki page, it says that dark factor users resist vector manipulation from time power users but vector manipulation isn’t on the time power page and if iirc was removed a while ago. Did someone forget to remove it?
I do remember vector manipulation being agreed to stay but I'm not sure why it was removed. I'm also not sure why no one addressed this either, I planned on making this known but I was new at the time and didn't know how I should address it. Recently planned on reporting this issue but I don't know his intentions so I can't be certain he did it on purpose. I believe theglassman12 handled that CRT too.

I do remember vector manipulation being agreed to stay but I'm not sure why it was removed. I'm also not sure why no one addressed this either, I planned on making this known but I was new at the time and didn't know how I should address it. Recently planned on reporting this issue but I don't know his intentions so I can't be certain he did it on purpose. I believe theglassman12 handled that CRT too.
There’s likely not any malicious intent here, just an oversight or misunderstanding. Glass isn’t the type of person to do that anyways.

Adding on to this though, the time scrolls on their page have type two info manip supposedly derived from time power even though that same crt managed to remove it for now

I will follow you, come back as soon as there is an update for cosmology, let there be mentions of the Universe being infinite
“The Demon Realm is a universe in size!”

“Oh, okay.” Goku pauses. “How big is that?”

INFINITE IN SIZE AND FULL OF AN INFINITE NUMBER OF INFINITELY SPATIALLY TRANSCENDENT DIMENSIONS.”

And every Dragon Ball powerscaler then ascended into Godhood and sang We Gotta Power as they got the super duper ultra brainrot scaling they’d been waiting for since they heard Superman beats Goku (he still beats Goku).

INFINITE IN SIZE AND FULL OF AN INFINITE NUMBER OF INFINITELY SPATIALLY TRANSCENDENT DIMENSIONS.”

And every Dragon Ball powerscaler then ascended into Godhood and sang We Gotta Power
It's the Dragon Ball fan version of "YOU GOT THE TOUCH"

And every Dragon Ball powerscaler then ascended into Godhood and sang We Gotta Power as they got the super duper ultra brainrot scaling they’d been waiting for since they heard Superman beats Goku (he still beats Goku).
🧂 The salt in this is crazy

There's nothing wrong with that conceptually, but you can't actually prove that without making the multipliers with power levels linear. Otherwise First Form Frieza is above him due to his feat of blowing up planet vegeta being far above anything in the saiyan saga even with the multipliers
I don't get this tbh

Kaioken multiplies your power level by a set amount, that's how it works, 90,000x 10 is....900,000

Or are you implying kaioken does not take his power level to 900,000 when multiplied by 10?

🧂 The salt in this is crazy
Nah, I just think it’s funny how sometimes people approach powerscaling as a “how high can I make the characters look/be,” kind of angle. Currently, I don’t feel like there should be any real changes to Dragon Ball’s listings (except changing Damage’s interpretation of the Manga, since I feel like the overwhelming amount of evidence of the power absorption happening in the other continuities, as well as it being Toriyama’s intent as discussed in interview, should act as more than enough evidence to say the event happened since the manga compresses the entire film into a 4 chapter abridged retelling. That said, I also don’t think there’s substantial in-manga evidence for it, so I don’t think he’s wrong in any conceivable way, I just disagree on the conclusion based on the different ways we approach the series.)

I approach powerscaling more to get an accurate and evaluated understanding of character power and the fun notion of comparing characters/putting them in scenarios that test them based on their displayed abilities. (So say, Naruto V Luffy, or Batman and Spider-Man swap antagonists/Rogues.) I’m not saying it’s bad to inherently approach characters with the sense of “how much can I take them,” because I think that also serves a vital purpose/function in discovery and reinterpreting and re-analyzing information. It also helps establish areas of logic you know are wrong to help you avoid that and stick to a more accurate path. And sometimes it’s just plain fun. But it is always funny to me, because I don’t really hope a new feat happens. I just engage and enjoy the story first and then analyze after. Maybe it’s just me, though.

Ironically, intentionally or not, their answer fits the troll.

“He Time Travel to the Future,” (Diavolo), “JUST LIKE DIO.” (Time STOPPER.) It’s either a great subtle joke (because it both highlights the multi-ability of Time Skip, is contradictory, like Time Skip, etc.) or accidental genius.
That's as the intention actually, I did have another joke to make a combo If he asked "what?" But he din't. 😔

No, the thing is King Crimson is easy to understand if it wasn't for bad trasnlation, Hit seems to be legitimately confusing.

Unless you were memeing and not being serious, in that case sorry for not getting it.

Back