• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Heroes Infinite Speed Revision Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it legit doesn't. What people in favor are asking is that we give DBH the free card due to two vague statements that are contradicted by every other scene.

"Nope, the actual feat is literally every single time they can be demonstrated to not move at Infinite Speed. "Cinematic Timing" cannot be used as an argument for people who ought to require no timing whatsoever."

So you'd rather have the enemy Demigra immdiately 1-shot you in every time you fight him in the games or have our protagonists not struggle at all and just fall over dead because "muh infinite speed"? Seriously, I have NO idea why you don't consider cinematic timing to be a thing. The entire Super Saiyan Goku vs Freeza happening in 5 minutes comes to mind.

"I read the thread and I have't seen you done it a single time."

I haven't seen you SUPPORT it once either.

"Nope, the actual feat is literally every single time they can be demonstrated to not move at Infinite Speed."

Time to downgrade literally every character who has Infinite speed based on voids then.

Fiction has, in all my experience, never treated moving in a timeless void as requiring Infinite speed, or even a speed feat to begin with. Using the argument that the characters "do not move at Infinite speed" is both wrong and abusing authorial intent.

@Akreious

What are you even talking about right now? We are talking about cutscene / manga feats. Not gameplay mechanics.

OK. Well, if you guys are going to go have infinite speed DBH, I'm going to go and get infinite speed RuneScape. The Spirit Beast uses and inhabits a timeless void, after all, so there should be no problems getting them upgraded.

Matthew Schroeder said:
But it legit doesn't. What people in favor are asking is that we give DBH the free card due to two vague statements that are contradicted by every other scene.
Let me reiterate this. I GUESS DIGIMON SHOULDN'T HAVE INFINITE SPEED THEN. Seriously, WHAT CONTRADICTIONS!? Cinematic Timing!? Which shouldn't be an argument anyways as DB Villains CONSISTENTLY lower themselves in order to toy with their victims, so "He should speed blitz everyone" isn't even an argument? And there's NO large-scale movement feats done by the Demon Gods so I don't even see why "it's contradicted by every scene" is an argument as there was NEVER a need or example of them travelling across a large distance when they ACTIVELY use teleportation and time travelling.

> Nope, the actual feat is literally every single time they can be demonstrated to not move at Infinite Speed. "Cinematic Timing" cannot be used as an argument for people who ought to require no timing whatsoever.

It obviously can. If anything, Cinematic Time is more necessary than ever for an infinitely fast character, because their attacks will need to be represented with finite speeds in order for the audience to enjoy.

Your logic downgrades literally every franchise.

> Assaltwaffle has argued against it as well, and you are the only person to have brought up to WoV. Don't strawman and don't put words in my mouth, thank you.

Assalt already dropped that, by the way.

Are you really going to deny it?

> I read the thread and I have't seen you done it a single time.

Hi

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Akreious
What are you even talking about right now? We are talking about cutscene / manga feats. Not gameplay mechanics.
Same thing. I guess in every cutscene and manga, we shouldn't have our characters and protagonists struggle against the villains at all? DB characters hold back immensely all the time. Again, Jiren vs Goku (First battle). Literally a whole degree of infinity with that, I don't see why the same can't be applied here.

The Everlasting said:
"Nope, the actual feat is literally every single time they can be demonstrated to not move at Infinite Speed."
Time to downgrade literally every character who has Infinite speed based on voids then
Can you please stop this fallacy.

"this argument may have a point but I want to ignore it cause it entails the downgrade of other characters".

This is basically another version of the "This is how things have been so they should be like this." argument.

Matt, us seeing them move at finite speeds is PURELY for our entertainment purposes. Would you enjoy a battle where you see NOTHING? Like, NOTHING. Not even sounds. Because ignoring cinematic timing, that's what you're doing. Hell, Cinematic Timing is used in REGULAR DRAGON BALL. Us seeing MFTL+ Characters is literally cinematic timing right there.

Kep.

Cinematic Timing doesn't exist when there's a demonstrable distance and stated timeframe. Such as with Hit's time skip being subsonic when used in Universe 6.

Cinematic Timing also doesn't exist when the timeframe should be zero. Legit, the only way for an infinite speed battle to occur is if everything is frozen.

In that case, it's a low-end. But yes, in that scene Goku Black failed to react to an incoming bullet. Denying that that scene is a Subsonic low-end is being dishonest, or mental gymnastics.

Just call the low-end a low-end and move on in that case.

"Legit, the only way for an infinite speed battle to occur is if everything is frozen."

So you're asking for fiction to portray battles with Infinite speed characters as nothing.

Matt, There's a style of writing for what you're describing. Omniscience. It's a way of writing that allows us to know all, see all. We know what the characters are feeling and what they're doing regardless of anything else. You're literally using a style of WRITING to try and say this shouldn't go through.

Actually, seeing as this low end is consistent with other scenes, such as Zamasu failing to react to hypersonic projectiles like bomb gas, a downgrade is in order.

Also, seeing as we have a timeframe and distance for the MFTL+ feats, and yet we are still able to see the characters on screen, the feats are Subsonic.

Akreious said:
Matt, us seeing them move at finite speeds is PURELY for our entertainment purposes. Would you enjoy a battle where you see NOTHING? Like, NOTHING. Not even sounds. Because ignoring cinematic timing, that's what you're doing. Hell, Cinematic Timing is used in REGULAR DRAGON BALL. Us seeing MFTL+ Characters is literally cinematic timing right there.
Quite the contrary. I think a battle between Infinite Speed characters were the whole background is completely, 100% frozen would look amazing, and badass beyond belief, if done well.

For sounds, I can accept that for the same reason Supersonic characters can speak in fights and battles in space have sound.

Kepekley23 said:
Actually, seeing as this low end is consistent with other scenes, such as Zamasu failing to react to hypersonic projectiles like bomb gas, a downgrade is in order.
Also, seeing as we have a timeframe and distance for the MFTL+ feats, and yet we are still able to see the characters on screen, the feats are Subsonic.
Can you please stop Poisoning the Well and actually try to keep a reasonable, half sensible debate? I know it's easier to attack a ridiculous strawman, but please don't debate in bad faith.

"Quite the contrary. I think a battle between Infinite Speed characters were the whole background is completely, 100% frozen would look amazing, and badass beyond belief, if done well."

According to your logic, cinematic timing doesn't exist and as such, the thing you consider "badass beyond belief" wouldn't happen.

I'm not poisoning the well. I'm portraying your argument as it really is. Your average strategy doesn't work on me, sorry. And I've been as kind as I can with you in both threads, all posts considered.

You are. In fact I'm not even sure what your point is?

All of those projectiles thrown at Zamasu in those scenes are obviously not Massively FTL+. The Dragon Ball Earth does not have that kind of ultra sci-fi technology. The bullet is just a bullet.

In that case just call it a low-end.

It wouldn't downgrade the character because of them, just like I wouldn't upgrade DBH to Infinite Speed due to High-End Outlier based on two statements.

"Your average strategy"

I'm not sure what's gotten into you, but can you please stop? You've been aggressive and confrontational these past two whole threads.

Matt.

> Cinematic Timing doesn't exist when there's a demonstrable distance and stated timeframe. Such as with Hit's time skip being subsonic when used in Universe 6.

That's not what CT is. CT is every single example of a projectile being visible when it shouldn't be. Like Iroh deflecting a lightning bolt in Avatar. The rain on the scene moves in real time, but the bolt doesn't.

You're misinterpreting what the term means.

> Cinematic Timing also doesn't exist when the timeframe should be zero. Legit, the only way for an infinite speed battle to occur is if everything is frozen.

Okay. So I guess downgrading everyone who is Immeasurable is in order. Because the viewer is able to see them.

Honestly can't believe you're making this argument seriously.

You seem a little spiteful Assalt.

Edit: Also, seriously why the hell are you guys dismissing Cinematic Timing? If cinematic Timing didn't exist, "Flash Time" in CW's The Flash wouldn't exist. That example alone debunks all your anti-cinematic timing arguments. It's something we shouldn't be able to see, yet do.

Akreious said:
According to your logic, cinematic timing doesn't exist and as such, the thing you consider "badass beyond belief" wouldn't happen.
I'm not sure what you're saying. It obviously exists?

Seeing Supersonic characters at all is Cinematic Timing. But you can tell due to a slowed background or something of the like. Or statements. Even then, we tend to ignore things like MFTL+ fighting in the rain due to narrative purposes.

But if the characters are being argued to have Infinite Speed, then the backgrounds should be frozen, even with Cinematic Timing for us to see them fight.

"But if the characters are being argued to have Infinite Speed, then the backgrounds should be frozen, even with Cinematic Timing for us to see them fight."

That does not remotely make any sense.

"But if the characters are being argued to have Infinite Speed, then the backgrounds should be frozen, even with Cinematic Timing for us to see them fight."

Or MAYBE the background has to move because the characters themselves are shifting positions and travelling around so the camera also follows them, which would make the background move?

Edit: Also, in that case RIP Infinite Speed Digimon. And basically all Infinite-Speed people on the site.

> It wouldn't downgrade the character because of them, just like I wouldn't upgrade DBH to Infinite Speed due to High-End Outlier based on two statements.

Three statements. And it isn't an outlier, there is nothing that contradicts it.

> I'm not sure what's gotten into you, but can you please stop? You've been aggressive and confrontational these past two whole threads.

Can you please stop being a hypocrite. You've been scolded by three different Staff Members because of your behavior in the past thread, and you continue to try and portray the 31 people who disagree with your assessment in a bad light, as if they're objectively wanking while you are right.

It's time to stop and act like an admin. I've been as kind as I can, considering your posts.

@Kep

"That's not what CT is. CT is every single example of a projectile being visible when it shouldn't be. Like Iroh deflecting a lightning bolt in Avatar. The rain on the scene moves in real time, but the bolt doesn't."

Sure, so you agree with me? I have no idea why you keep using Zamasu low-ends which are not Cinematic Timing as an argument?

"You're misinterpreting what the term means."

I'm not, but you appear to have misinterpreted my argument.

"Okay. So I guess downgrading everyone who is Immeasurable is in order. Because the viewer is able to see them."

Yup, you did. This wasn't my point in the slightest. It's hard to debate with someone when they aren't understanding your points.

@Ever

How is it pathetic? There is more evidence for infinite RuneScape than there is infinite DBH.

But you're right. This is spite. Because this is getting absolutely absurd; we're pushing out a completely un-supported and inconsistent upgrade because... why not I guess?

Because your points don't work! You're literally saying "The artists and animators are putting more effort into their work and making stuff other than the main focus move" is an argument against Infinite Speed even though that logic can apply to 90% of all Infinite-Speed people on the site.

The Everlasting said:
That does not remotely make any sense.
It does though? Cinematic Timing is when the scene is slowed so the viewer can see. Think when characters are moving at Supersonic speed and we see the bulelt in slow motion. That is Cinematic Timing.

If Infinite Speed characters are subject to it, then the whole background should be 100% frozen.

@Dragon. Don't worry. Absolute worst case scenario, the Dark Area Digimon would be affected. Reason Digimon is mentioned the most is because it has by far the most infinite speed characters out of tier 2, and in the most tiers.

@Assalt

Yes, I meant spite. Sorry if I sounded rude with that.

And I have still yet to see a legitimate reason why this is inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back