• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Heroes Infinite Speed Revision Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assaltwaffle said:
@Kep

Sorry my dude. You're my friend, but in this you're just wrong. If we allowed infinite speed for a single timeless Void feat we'd have Infinite speed RuneScape, infinite speed Divinity, infinite speed Dragon Ball Super (Zen'O moving in erased voids and the Void in the ToP), and many more.

This stuff must be consistent and have supporting evidence.
I agree with this as a general statement, but am not certain either way about this instance. It depends on how much evidence there is that this is valid.

In any case, Rapid, you seem to constantly attempt to provoke people in different ways in thread after thread. This is not a behaviour that is acceptable in this wiki, as it only serves to breed dissent, hostility, and lack of cooperation.

@Matt

Until we make the infinite speed thread clarifying that our standards are what they are, they have the right to upgrade them. Once we clarify that they are what they are, then they can be downgraded. But at the moment I feel like we shouldn't be such a bulwark.

@Rapid

I am starting to think that it would be best for this community if we removed you from it, especially given your many ignored warnings over time, so I would recommend making a massive effort to shape up immediately.

This is going in circles. Like I said I am neutral as I see arguments on both sides. But this is taking forever. Like I expect at least one more full thread before this is fully accepted or denied. One thing that does '''NOT''' need to be done is '''ANOTHER''' infinite speed thread. I am also getting tired of Digimon being the '''only''' example here. Makes me feel like people think Digimon gets away with crap. Especially after all I posted on the last Infinite Speed thread.

@Dragon

Nobody believes that. The verse is easily the one with the most logical rating, blogs and explanations under you and Ex's management. Don't ever feel that.

@Dragon

Digimon is fine, imo. They have not only a timeless void, but many "transcending time" statements. It's consistent. This isn't consistent and consistency is what needs to be discussed.

That being said, yes, this thread proves we need another since our standards are not clear enough on the speed page.

Anyway, here are our current standards for infinite Speed. Does this properly qualify?

"Characters who showcase the ability to move freely and naturally in a timeless void may qualify for an infinite speed rating so long as it is not an Outlier, case of Plot-Induced Stupidity, or Inconsistency. Furthermore, the void should be clarified as timeless by statements or showings, and should consistently operate, or be described to operate, in such a fashion. Such feats will have to be very carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Originating from a void can be used to support the rating. However, this does not automatically make a character infinite in speed. In addition, lacking such an origin is not a justification to disqualify a character from the rating. Official statements can also be applied as long as the description is clear or clarified."

I don't think so. The last 250 posts have been mostly people contesting that Dragon Ball Heroes does not meet the standards of consistency, accuracy, and of it not being an outlier.

"That being said, yes, this thread proves we need another since our standards are not clear enough on the speed page."

We really, really don't.

@Ant

Apparently our current guidelines aren't specific enough. These ratings should be consistent and supported, as I thought our current guidelines made clear, but they apperently aren't, since this thread argues that a single timeless void feat is enough to warrant infinite speed.

The Everlasting said:
"That being said, yes, this thread proves we need another since our standards are not clear enough on the speed page."
We really, really don't.
Can you give a reason beyond "Too much work?"

Really not trying to be controversial so i dont get banned.

BUT

I must say that Assalt having issues with the Speed guidelines now, when an upgrade is going to be made and not before, does imply it has correlation with the result of this thread instead of a legit complain about the speed guidelines.

I don't know why you believe people are contesting this. You're outnumbered 31-to-4, aka 8:1. Nobody other than you and Assalt are actively disagreeing with it, and every single (prominent) user who agrees is actively arguing back.

Can you give a reason beyond "Too much work?"

How about "unnecessary"?

How about "our standards are fine as is"?

How about "our standards were generally agreed on before"?

We do not need the third/fourth/fifth/whatever thread for this crap.

Kep. Literally the only person arguing at length this past thread has been you, and your primary argument is now numbers? Seriously, Kep, you've never used Argumentum Ad Populum before.

Geez, its just kinda hard to know when something is insulting or controversial. Im legit trying not to be controversial, but things like having the speed guidelines changed the moment an upgrade is going to be made does make me a bit mad.

> Can you give a reason beyond "Too much work?"

Very, very easy.

1. Nobody knew what Assalt was talking about, which heavily suggests his rules aren't, y'know...a thing.

2. There is no need to whatsoever, the current standards are good, we have had 4 threads on this and everyone agreed with keeping them the way they are

You made the exact same argument 5 posts ago, that this was heavily contested. I just reminded you of the actual status; it's the exact opposite

Sorry, Kep.

But i know that if i stay on this thread any longer, i might say something that the admins deem controversial, but know that i do support you.

My hopes ride with you still.

@Matt

More than Kep has argued over these two threads. Akr, Ever, Julian, Kaltias, Pachi, Dziga, DMB, Amexim and a few others.

Characters who showcase the ability to move freely and naturally in a timeless void may qualify for an infinite speed rating so long as it is not an Outlier, case of Plot-Induced Stupidity, or Inconsistency. Furthermore, the void should be clarified as timeless by statements or showings, and should consistently operate, or be described to operate, in such a fashion. Such feats will have to be very carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Originating from a void can be used to support the rating. However, this does not automatically make a character infinite in speed. In addition, lacking such an origin is not a justification to disqualify a character from the rating. Official statements can also be applied as long as the description is clear or clarified.
So let's see.

"Characters who showcase the ability to move freely and naturally in a timeless void may qualify"

Key word being may.

"so long as it is not an Outlier, case of Plot-Induced Stupidity, or Inconsistency"

It being an outlier / inconsistency has been argued extensively in this whole thread, as has the part of it carrying no meaning in the actual story and thus should be disregarded in the face of the actual feats.

"Furthermore, the void should be clarified as timeless by statements or showings, and should consistently operate, or be described to operate, in such a fashion"

It's also been argued extensively to not operate as a true timeless void.

"Originating from a void can be used to support the rating. However, this does not automatically make a character infinite in speed"

This is like, half the argument of the pro-side.

I feel that even with our current standards DBH doesn't warrant an upgrade.

The "standards" that are being spoken of as supporting DBH don't appear to exist at all. What I see is an extremely loose interpretation of standards that are admittedly poorly defined.

@Ever

How is it unnecessary? As of now our restrictions on light and lightning are stricter than one of the most powerful abilities anyone can possible have.

@Rapid

I didn't bring it up before because I thought we already agreed that infinite speed needs to be backed up, consistent, and supported. That was what I was assured in the last thread.

This isn't some conspiracy to keep Dragon Ball down. If they had consistent statements in DBH I'd be all for this, just like I was all for it when I thought those DBX statements were DBH. May I remind you that I fought to get Cell above baseline? I like DB. I'm not trying to stop upgrades "because muh Dragon Ball" I'm trying to stop something that I believed violated the current standards of our Wiki.

I consider myself a relatively patient person but I have just about had it with this.

> It being an outlier / inconsistency has been argued extensively in this whole thread, as has the part of it carrying no meaning in the actual story and thus should be disregarded in the face of the actual feats.

Narrative is wholly irrelevant in this context. The "actual feats" you speak of are nothing more than you using on-screen speeds and ignoring the existence of Cinematic Timing, which leads to the downgrade of every franchise from A to Z ever.

> It's also been argued extensively to not operate as a true timeless void.

Nobody ever made this argument but you, by comparing it to the World of Void which has literally nothing to do with it notwithstanding.

> This is like, half the argument of the pro-side.

I was glad to have debunked the people pointing this bit out several times in this thread alone.

"It being an outlier / inconsistency has been argued extensively in this whole thread, as has the part of it carrying no meaning in the actual story and thus should be disregarded in the face of the actual feats."

What actual feats are you speaking of!? Literally every anti-feat can be explained by the Demon Gods toying with their prey and the people that are actually a threat would scale to this anyways. And to add, they never needed to traverse long distances since the major form of transportation in the series are Time Travel. What actual feats contradict the upgrade? I can't for the love of god find anything.

"It's also been argued extensively to not operate as a true timeless void."

When and where? Because stuff happens, then it's not a timeless void? The points of Linear Progression and such keeps being brought up with NO further explanation at all.

"This is like, half the argument of the pro-side."

Consistently operating AND operating from within a timeless place is different from simply originating from such location. Or I guess Digimon shouldn't have infinite speed either hm?

I have yet to see an actual reason Infinite is an outlier/inconsistent. People are just saying "it is".

"Narrative is wholly irrelevant. The "actual feats" you speak of are nothing more than you using on-screen speeds and ignoring the existence of Cinematic Timing, which lead to the downgrade of every franchise from A to Z ever."

Nope, the actual feat is literally every single time they can be demonstrated to not move at Infinite Speed. "Cinematic Timing" cannot be used as an argument for people who ought to require no timing whatsoever.

"Nobody ever made this argument but you, by comparing it to the World of Void which has literally nothing to do with it notwithstanding."

Assaltwaffle has argued against it as well, and you are the only person to have brought up to WoV. Don't strawman and don't put words in my mouth, thank you.

"I was glad to have debunked the people pointing this bit out several times in this thread alone."

I read the thread and I have't seen you done it a single time.

People also '''continually''' refuse to address the fact that we already do this to focus on repeating it "doesn't go with our standards"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back