• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dota 2 Discussion Thread

I haven't watched it yet but hey discuss everything about the animation right here in this thread. CRT might come soon but anyone is free to start it.

Also Dota finally has an actual storyline that isn't a 20+ page comic or a series of item descriptions and what not yay

8UQxEci.png

First thing first, Invoker confirmed the seven realms of Hell, the seven realms of Heaven and the middle realm are separate universes. With each moment, these realms fracture into an infinite number of realities. The Primordial Mind is confirmed the creator of all creation, the seven Planes. Just one of these Plane is already really high into 2-A, this make TPD and his fragments also really high into 2-A, two of his fragments were literally twisting all of creation after all. The souls of the Eldwurms are the pillars that supports the infinite multiverse of Terrene Plane.

Isn't the "twisting all of creation" statement referring to how both Ancients manipulate lesser creatures (or the creations) to fight for it in the upcoming war?

Well the Dota 2 profiles are extremely outdated plus Arc Warden could be much higher than 3-B given the explanation in the animation series. Might have to watch the intro again and Invoker's statement about the creation of the Dota universe.

My opinion on show, animation is good, fight scenes are great, the pacing need to be slower with more episodes. They done the mystery tone of show well. I’d like them to explore this version of Earth more.

My opinion on show, animation is good, fight scenes are great, the pacing need to be slower with more episodes. They done the mystery tone of show well. I’d like them to explore this version of Earth more.
My only gripe with the series is how confusing some of the new lore can be. The new eldwurms being the pillars of creation instead of the elemental spirits and 4 fundamental forces is quite hard to grasp but I hope that they are still relevant to the lore. Although I like how Uldorak (who used to be a time dragon in the game) isn't what he is in the anime, and he's only called a time dragon because he has someone spread lore about him like a publicist. Adds more depth to what kind of interactions dragons have with lesser creatures.

The show has lots of good feats too and I think it's further supported by what's in Dota 2 and its spinoff games.

Oh, sweet, a new Dota 2 discussion thread that was made by a pretty cool guy. Should I give the show a try? I'm not into animated shows that much anymore, but it looks pretty good.

My only gripe with the series is how confusing some of the new lore can be. The new eldwurms being the pillars of creation instead of the elemental spirits and 4 fundamental forces is quite hard to grasp but I hope that they are still relevant to the lore. Although I like how Uldorak (who used to be a time dragon in the game) isn't what he is in the anime, and he's only called a time dragon because he has someone spread lore about him like a publicist. Adds more depth to what kind of interactions dragons have with lesser creatures.

The show has lots of good feats too and I think it's further supported by what's in Dota 2 and its spinoff games.
Is the pacing that make it confusing, the season only has 8 episodes to do all of that and for some reasons wasted a bit of time on fillers. Give the show more time for a season and less filler will clear up the lore.

finally, a sven profile

I've been thinking about updating or adding a few Dota 2 profiles, good thing I have some time to spare considering I'm on vacation at the moment. Also, is it just me, or does your Omniknight render make him look like a dwarf?

I prefer that we deal with feats first before making profiles. Dota has an absurd lack of them in the games and the show did give us a good amount of feats for scaling. Or maybe I haven't fully looked into Artifact and Underlords yet

Omni's render is made by Valve, I think it looks small because of the particle effects from the hammer making the pic look taller

Or maybe I haven't fully looked into Artifact and Underlords yet
There's a set of cards in Artifact that's about Zeus and Storm Spirit trying to one-up eachother, and in one of the lore of the cards it says that one of them managed to do a casual mountain-destroying feat with a single lightning bolt, has that been used as a feat here yet?

Feats from the animated series:
AP
*Adult earth dragon displacing rocks when they tunnel into the ground
*Possessed and undead Uldorak making a fissure by slamming his hand
*Slyrak burning the city of Leathsham in a flashback
*Lirrak (the female water eldwurm) making a wall of ice spikes with her breath
*Luna's Lucent Beam attack (doubles as a speed feat due to it coming from the second moon)
*Slyvion making a shockwave upon landing
Speed
Mirana summoning arrows from the second moon (only scales to her powers during nighttime)
*Air dragon's flight speed
Lifting Strength
*Invoker lifting his tower from the ground (only scales to his telekinesis)
*Slyrak's weight (scales to him and the eldwurms only)
Miscellaneous
*Amount of people Terrorblade mindhaxxed (should be useful in determining his mindhax potency)

That's all I can remember from the top of my head, the rest you can try finding for yourself. Feats from the games are very appreciated too

Water creation calcs are gonna be nuked from the site, so I guess that Kunkka calc can't be used now.

While we're here, what do you guys think of the new lore for dragons and Eldwurms? I'm starting to understand it myself and I hope they still make room for the four elemental spirit bros and the four Fundamentals.

Also a new hero for Dota 2 is going to drop today, probably at a later time. Who do you think will it be?

Just checked her reveal trailer, she doesn't really show any good feats besides her managing to hold onto Timbersaw's hook.

Well besides that there's Timbersaw managing to close his armor before Snapfire's shotgun blast reaches him and Mortimer's lava spit which if I recall correctly can be calced since Roshan had a lava feat that counts for his AP.

Where can I find the reavel trailer? Also, it is said that her swing sets fire to the heavens so this must be her doing. It seems like the stars was still in a straight line when she woke up on Earth, so she done it with only a small portion of her original power. Her purpose was to spread the glow of the Children's wisdom to the darkest reaches of the universe, which we now know referring to the multiverse itself, so MFTL+ is no doubt.

The fact that we now know the universe is referring to the entire multiverse, not just the middle realm that contains Earth, is huge. Our pages for cosmic forces need to update. Enigma, IO and Keeper maybe only be the embodiments of physical forces but Chaos is a literal manifestation of Chaos. There's no way Zet would appreciate the assistance of a Fundamental if their AP is only 4-B. IO's Overcharge can unravel time after all.

I completely forgot that she actually did that once.
I assume if we can prove that the description of Torrent isn't hyperbole we could use it as a speed feat
Still looking, but I've yet to find any supporting evidence that Kunkka is summoning it from the center of the world.

To address all your comments:

Dawnbreaker doesn't seem to have a trailer, and judging by her spell descriptions and lore she seems to be weakened and has very little of her original power. She's very held back and her ultimate describes that she will only use her ability to fly through space in dire situations. So she'd still be Massively FTL+ but to a lower and a limited extent. She could scale to Phoenix and would likely be lower than KOTL in scaling

Chaos Knight isn't the only literal manifestation of the fundamental laws of the universes. All four of them are embodiments of their respective forces anyway. As for AP I'm not entirely sure where to put them, even with Io's Overcharge description.

Crystal Maiden's feat is quite hard to visualize because we don't have a reference for a mountain river or a wellspring in the Dota universe. Her lore doesn't show us the size of the bodies of water that she froze

But I thought any special ability is a hax? Unless you meant that Dawnbreaker's concept hax isn't offensive.

Of course Dawnbreaker won't scale to KOTL since she was created by some of the first sun's linage, those created by KOTL. I did mention she only has a small portion of her power now. Also, her power is like Superman, she needs to recharge herself with the light of the Children to be in full power. Without it, she can only recharge herself by creating order from chaos of battle. She definitely scale to Phoenix since she was used to show a measure of the Children's power to their star progeny, which Phoenix is one. Her weakend feat would be that star-pushing impact, if that feat isn't as high as a supernova then we can just scale her original power to Phoenix. Her speed would be MFTL+ in Full Power, MFTL+ travel speed via ultimate and attack speed because of the impact from her hammer swing.

Back