• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dota 2 Discussion Thread

Make a sandbox or put it in a blog post. You can make one with this link (http s://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:_____/sandbox) where the blank space has your username on it. And remove the parentheses and the space between p and s in the https

ET and the 4 Fundamentals would be Infinite speed for moving and existing before the concept of time. Dunno about the eldwurms' souls tho
I suppose. Would the fragments of the Primordial Mind be the same for coming into being the same way as the Fundamentals? Both the Fundamentals and the fragments were created after Schism after all. Although the fragments came directly from the Primordial Mind, and the Fundamentals were created during the Schism. Assuming of course, the Schism is the same event as the fracturing of the Primordial Mind.

I'm also not sure about the Eldwurms, but conceptually, they should be equal to the Fundamentals.

The Primordial Mind divided against itself before the Schism. Being able to move in timeless area doesn’t warrant infinite speed anymore. Their speed would be Immeasurable, Omnipresent.

The Primordial Mind divided against itself before the Schism. Being able to move in timeless area doesn’t warrant infinite speed anymore. Their speed would be Immeasurable, Omnipresent.
What are your justifications for the Immeasurable speed? And shouldn't it only be nigh-omnipresence?

What are your justifications for the Immeasurable speed? And shouldn't it only be nigh-omnipresence?
The Fundamentals and Spirits are everywhere but also unbound by time so they're qualified for Omnipresence. Everything sprang from The Primordial Mind so time was but a part of it, so time was also once part of the three fragments themselves. Being able to keep up with these kind of beings is Immeasurable Speed.

Here's the incomplete sandbox. I only included the existing profiles for now, until we can decide to create profiles for Radiant, Dire, the Celestials/Elementals, and the Eldwurms.

further input is appreciated.
'Physical/Material Plane' is for the entire Terrene Plane, other higher planes are beyond matter and time so that's why they keep calling the Terrene Plane that way.

The Fundamentals and Spirits are everywhere but also unbound by time so they're qualified for Omnipresence. Everything sprang from The Primordial Mind so time was but a part of it, so time was also once part of the three fragments themselves. Being able to keep up with these kind of beings is Immeasurable Speed.
So their justification should be akin to this: Immeasurable (As fragments of the Primordial Mind, time is but a mere part of themselves.)

I'm not entirely too sure about this, to be honest. Not too sure if we should apply a characteristic of the Primordial Mind to the mere fragments.

For the Fundamentals, it would go like this: Omnipresent (The Fundamentals exist everywhere at once, unbound by time.)

That idea where time came from the Primordial Mind sounds like headcanon.

Before the beginning of all, there existed a presence: a primordial mind, infinite, awesome, and set to inscrutable purpose. As the universe thundered into being, this mind was fragmented and scattered. Two among its greater fragments—who would come to be named Radiant and Dire--found themselves locked in vicious opposition, and began twisting all of creation to serve their conflict.

Not everything sprang from the Primordial Mind itself. Elder Titan was responsible for the creation of the universe, and it's implied that he shattered everything in the universe that he made, including the Primordial Mind itself. From that event, the PM's many fragments that are named Radiant, Dire, Arc Warden, and many more that weren't named were begotten into existence. In Void Spirit's lore he mentions Elder Titan as the one who created the universe and caused the Schism which is apparently the scattering of the 4 Fundamental forces from the Fundamental Plane. Shortly after those events, time began to flow in the universe. Here's Void Spirit's monologue as proof:

Before there was the spirit, there was the void. Before there was anything, there was the void.
Long after -- though only a moment in the scope of the whole -- there came...a being of great power.
Still without comprehensible form or voice of my own, I felt this titan's hammer fall and the four children scatter.
I began to find myself in the reverberations of the blow. And I saw the expanse of time flash forth from the instant.
In that cascade of moments, I knew I must learn to compose a form capable of interacting with the material plane.

Not everything sprang from the Primordial Mind itself. Elder Titan was responsible for the creation of the universe, and it's implied that he shattered everything in the universe that he made, including the Primordial Mind itself.
This is a bit confusing, since Elder Titan's lore only states that the Titans were only there as witnesses, not actual creators of the universe. I think what Elder Titan broke was the already pre-existing universe, the one that the Primordial Mind made, thus creating the Fundamentals and the Seven Planes, which includes the current universe where the current events unfold.
In Void Spirit's lore he mentions Elder Titan as the one who created the universe and caused the Schism which is apparently the scattering of the 4 Fundamental forces from the Fundamental Plane.
The Schism refers to the creation of the Fundamentals and the planes. They didn't scatter from the Fundamental plane during this event. Since Keeper of the Light was the first to break the harmony and depart from the Fundamental Plane, which is implied to be after the schism itself.

Honestly I'm really confused with Dota 2's cosmology. Not saying that I don't want Dota 2 to be 2-A but all this disconnected and vague lore between characters, the games and other related media make it hard to come up with something.

That being said I'm going to stop talking about the cosmology because I clearly don't know anything about it. I'd rather focus on the lesser feats which is more of my forte.

It actually said in the anime that all of creation sprang from the PM and it only became divided after some time had passed.

Honestly I'm really confused with Dota 2's cosmology. Not saying that I don't want Dota 2 to be 2-A but all this disconnected and vague lore between characters, the games and other related media make it hard to come up with something.

That being said I'm going to stop talking about the cosmology because I clearly don't know anything about it. I'd rather focus on the lesser feats which is more of my forte.
Try to look for more info in the comics.

I've yet to read the Artifact comics but I don't know where to find them. IIRC they mentioned that the Ancients were rewinding time after every battle, trapping the universe in a time loop.

The font and the ambience reminds me of the Dark Moon event in the Dota 2 game, so maybe this still has something to do with Selemene and the Dark Moon.

The font and the ambience reminds me of the Dark Moon event in the Dota 2 game, so maybe this still has something to do with Selemene and the Dark Moon.
I think the entirety of Dragon Knight's arc has something to do with the Dark Moon, including Book 3 most likely. After the Dragon's Blood series, I hope they make another series featuring other characters.

Interesting tweet about the true power of Eldwurms and Terrorblade. Also I updated my sandbox full of Dota 2 profiles including the anime exclusive characters, take a look here

The Primordial Mind divided against itself before the Schism.
Do we have evidence of this? As silly as this sounds, I think the Elder Titan was the one who caused the Primordial Mind to splinter during the Schism. 2-A characters destroying a stronger 2-A character isn't really that far-fetched if we think about.

I think it goes like this:

Primordial Mind creates the original universe.
Along the creation of this universe comes a race of Titans, which were witnesses to the creation of reality.
Elder Titan f*cked up and destroyed the original universe, splintering the Primordial Mind into shards.
Elder Titan creates the Fundamentals, along with the Seven Planes (contains the current universe) during this event. The Fundamentals were created first before the Seven Planes, as they were described to be older than time/universe.
Radiant and Dire battle ensues.
Zet awakens and stomps both.

I initially think that the fracturing of the Primordial Mind happened before the schism, but this timeline of events make sense as well.

That's pretty much how I thought the dragon's operate. Weak when they're in the physical realm, but their true bodies are cosmically strong.

Which profiles have you updated?
A lot of them, I even added new profiles and new renders for existing heroes. There are some profiles that already exist in this wiki but I updated them in the sandbox.

It seems Weekly hasn't been online these days. He hasn't replied to my message yet. Do we know any staff other than Weekly that's dabbled into DotA discussions in the past? Maybe they can help with this.

Didn't Ugarik participated in DotA 2 discussions before?

I see, I'll check it out.

Might as well make profiles for Radiant and Dire, as well as the Eldwurms, if you can.
I think the Archronicus has some interesting lore about the Ancients but the Eldwurms seem featless in their true form besides being pillars and stuff. I've only made Uldorak and Slyrak (by virtue of being fused with DK) since they have feats. Maybe I could scale the other Eldwurms' physical vessels to the powers that Kaden shows when he uses his arsenal made from dragon remains.

It seems Weekly hasn't been online these days. He hasn't replied to my message yet. Do we know any staff other than Weekly that's dabbled into DotA discussions in the past? Maybe they can help with this.

Didn't Ugarik participated in DotA 2 discussions before?
I messaged him too but I didn't get any replies unless my notifications are not working. As far as I know there isn't much staff knowledgeable in Dota 2 these days.

I only recall Ugarik replying to my calc for Kunkka's Torrent but that's it.

I think the Archronicus has some interesting lore about the Ancients but the Eldwurms seem featless in their true form besides being pillars and stuff. I've only made Uldorak and Slyrak (by virtue of being fused with DK) since they have feats. Maybe I could scale the other Eldwurms' physical vessels to the powers that Kaden shows when he uses his arsenal made from dragon remains.
They are featless, but we have enough juice to work on. Being pillars of creation would yield enough powerlevel to be multiversal. Especially in a verse that's constantly infinitely multiplying every moment.

So their physical bodies would scale to whatever feats physical Slyrak has achieved in the anime, while their true form would be 2-A. They'll have two keys, in this case.

I messaged him too but I didn't get any replies unless my notifications are not working. As far as I know there isn't much staff knowledgeable in Dota 2 these days.

I only recall Ugarik replying to my calc for Kunkka's Torrent but that's it.
Hmm, I see. Guess we'll just have to wait for Weekly to have our stuff greenlighted.

I have a request to ask. Does anybody here know how to properly use Photoshop? I've managed to get some renders for the Eldwurms and other anime exclusive characters but I'm really bad at cutting them out into png renders.

I have a request to ask. Does anybody here know how to properly use Photoshop? I've managed to get some renders for the Eldwurms and other anime exclusive characters but I'm really bad at cutting them out into png renders.
I have no experience with Photoshop whatsoever. Perhaps a picture of them, not renders, would do.

I tried using pictures with backgrounds but they don't look good to me. Plus the official twitter of Studio MIR released turnaround photos of the dragons which make great renders for the profiles

Back