• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree with the feat as well.

But I still don't fully understand the new system, what tier it will be, it is still 1-B with the feat becomes infinite dimensions right?

Only if each higher dimension is treated as a qualitatively superior higher infinity.

So what can this feat get?

Like this?:

Hyperverse level (Quantum Archanbel was stated to be able to see and freely alter virtually all levels of existence, which has been described as containing up to infinite dimensions)

Like, the feats says "infinite dimensions" but it is still Hyperverse not High Hyperverse? Am I correct?

If there are genuinely infinite dimensions, which are also each genuinely repeatedly treated as higher infinities, it can be classified as High 1-B, yes, but only if.

Asdfg's question is interesting.

@Ant

Is Superstring thory treat higher dimension as qualitatively superior higher infinity?

Pretty sure Superstring uses compact dimensions.

And the Quantum Archangel novel has the "five basic dimensions (3 space and 2 time) beat the other six", which doesn't sound like they treat them like infinitely superior.

'When the universe was created, dimensions started to solidify out of the primal chaos. But five got there first ― the three spatial dimensions and two of time.'

The Doctor couldn't bite his tongue any longer. They might be a trinity of professors, but the Doctor had learnt this in elementary class at the Academy! Holding his hands up in protest, he remembered one of his primers: Rassilon's Guide to the Multiverse, volume 3. The one without the pictures.

'At the risk of sounding like a high-and-mighty Time Lord, I am a high-and-mighty Time Lord. And to quote one of my elementary texts in the matter: "And in the aftermath of Event Zero, eleven dimensions did fight for existence. Five were triumphant ― together they did become the three dimensions of space, and the two dimensions of time through which we travel. But the remaining six dimensions did still exist: although beaten, although denied their dominance, they curled and curdled amongst themselves to become a six-fold universe, separate yet conjoined.

As far as I know, real life superstring theory does not treat higher dimensions as infinitely superior, no, just as additional directions to move in.

Ogbunabali also seems to offer some evidence that higher dimensions are not infinitely superior to lower ones in Doctor Who.

It is treats as multiverses beyond . And some beings are too large and powerful to fit in the lower dimensions. So higher dimensions are infinitely superior to lower ones in Doctor Who.

This has been discussed by older members and supporters like Azathoth and other knowledgable members before, we shoudn't go back to that topic.

The tiering system has changed quite a lot since then.

But the terms is still revolved infinitely superior, and we still have that.

Many beings have to decreased their powers just to not accidentally destroys the universe, the higher-dimensions is described as multiverses beyond, and many other statements, that's the proof.

If we just go back to that topic, it would be a waste of our time to do other things.

Ogbunabali said:
Pretty sure Superstring uses compact dimensions.
And the Quantum Archangel novel has the "five basic dimensions (3 space and 2 time) beat the other six", which doesn't sound like they treat them like infinitely superior.

'When the universe was created, dimensions started to solidify out of the primal chaos. But five got there first ― the three spatial dimensions and two of time.'

The Doctor couldn't bite his tongue any longer. They might be a trinity of professors, but the Doctor had learnt this in elementary class at the Academy! Holding his hands up in protest, he remembered one of his primers: Rassilon's Guide to the Multiverse, volume 3. The one without the pictures.

'At the risk of sounding like a high-and-mighty Time Lord, I am a high-and-mighty Time Lord. And to quote one of my elementary texts in the matter: "And in the aftermath of Event Zero, eleven dimensions did fight for existence. Five were triumphant ― together they did become the three dimensions of space, and the two dimensions of time through which we travel. But the remaining six dimensions did still exist: although beaten, although denied their dominance, they curled and curdled amongst themselves to become a six-fold universe, separate yet conjoined.

That was all a metaphor frkkm a children's education book. The Sixfold Realm are transcedentally far beyond he multiverse

Azathoth currently seems undecided regarding whether or not he will stay and help out with a few topics that interest him now and then. It might be worth a try to ask him if he is interested in helping out here.

And other feats and statements such as 6th-dimensional beings see the lower dimensions such as time and possibilities as nothing but food.

@Ant

I actually think we should not, he clearly states that he very busy in his real life, and we shouldn't wast our time with a metaphor from a children's education book of Gallifrey.

I also agree that we should move on from this too.

The Doctor stated himself that he learnt this in elementary class at the Academy.

Many source, instead, stated that the six higher dimensions just separated from the ordinary five.

Many living beings underwent psychological and physiological changes, and were usually driven insane when percieve the higher dimensions.

That's enough evidence.

So just put that aside, is a waste of time.

There's a things that I'd like to add to the Sonic Screwdriver.

Energy Projection and Energy Manipulation - War, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctor use the Sonic to projects energy that destroyed a Dalek

Magnetism Manipulation - The Fifth Doctor's Screwdriver could reverse the magnetic field on Monopticons)

Telekinesis - Can be used to move object

Information Analysis - Can be used to analyze infomations of an object

Fire Manipulation - The Third Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver could create a spark of fire. The Eleventh Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver could ignite swamp gas

Sound Manipulation - Can project a sound

Spatial Manipulation and Time Manipulation - The Eleventh Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver could further open a pre-existing crack in space-time, causing it to collapse

Matter Manipulation - The Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver was going to disintegrate a door, albiet this takes hundreds of years due to having to count every particle of its composition

Density Manipulation - Increased the density of a suit by 800%

Forcefield Creation - The Thirteenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver could create a forcefield

I think that it is important that we determine if the higher dimensions in Doctor Who actually are higher infinities, but I am the wrong person to properly determine this.

As such, I would appreciate if somebody could start a new content revision thread based on this in which they assemble the relevant evidence, and then invite various rationalminded staff members to help out with evaluating it, as this thread is too long and incoherent.

Would you be willing to handle it Ogbunabali?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Makes no sense the 6 extra dimensions in Doctor Who would be compact because the six fold realm is consistently shown as being above the physical multiverse in scale.
I agree with Zach

Doctor Who is basically ultra soft sci-fi, borderline science fantasy. The "compactification" is just a metaphor for the separation of the main 3 spatial + 2 temporal dimensions and the additional 6 dimensions, not literal compactification. Half the scientific theories it espouses shouldn't be taken seriously.

@Antvasima

By the way, can you unlock the Doctor's profile for the Screwdriver's abilities that I mentioned above?

@NoMoreTalking

That seems fine. Tell me here when you are done.

I locked the Doctor's profile and unlocked the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back