• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom Revisions: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Both Doctor Doom (with magic) and Doctor Strange should have Conceptual Manipulation Type 3, further support for Non-Physical Interaction, Sealing, and Emotional Manipulation, along with their basic magic being 4-dimensional in nature.

In Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #34, after Doom is put in a coma by the Infinity Gauntlet, Doom's Shadow, aka his Jungian Shadow and the non-physical embodiment of Doom's repressed emotions and desires, split from his body. When Strange wouldn't let DS kill Doom, Doom's Shadow fought him and stated that he was drawing his energies from "beyond the cosmos" (making his powers/energies 4-D in potency).

However, Strange, a revived Doctor Doom, and a Dr. Druid amplified by the 3 Druidic Goddesses, all combined their magic energy blasts to overpower the magic blast of Doom's Shadow, and then sealed him back in Doctor Doom's body.

Thus, their magic blasts should have the same 4-D potency as the magic energies of Doom's Shadow's magic blasts.

This would also affect the magic potency of any sorcerers comparable to Strange/Doom, but considering the people who are comparable to Doctor Strange in magic tend to already be Tier 1 (Clea, Dormammu), this doesn't change much.

It would improve Mephisto's resistance to Magic since he laughed off magic attacks from both Strange and Doom in Doctor Strange: Triumph and Torment.

1.5. In addition, Doctor Doom should get limited resistance to Concept Manipulation Type 3 and resistance to Emotional Manipulation for being fine despite not having his Jungian Shadow in his body for a brief time.

EDIT/NOTE: There is further support for at minimum high-tier sorcerers having 4-D potency for their magic:

1. Baron Mordo, a high-tier wizard (has constantly matched Strange in battle and is a candidate for Sorcerer Supreme, using what appears to be a standard magic attack, slaughtered Baroshtok, an extra-dimensional being with control over his entire realm, from Doctor Strange (2018) #7.

2. Magic is stated as "The mystical, invisible transactions that pull and push power like currents through the realms", referring to the Ten Norse Realms (which are each universes). Thus, magic is a force that travels through and between these 10 universes and affects all 10 of them as well, making it 4-dimensional, from Thor (2020) #33.

Edit: He has survived a magic attack from Morgan Le Fay, who in that same issue beat him in a magic battle and had earlier taught him much of the magic that he knows, as well as from Kulan Gath (Savage Avengers Volume 1 #10), who in that issue and the earlier issue had been matching Strange and Doom in a magic battle, making his magic potency comparable to theirs.

Thus, Doom should also resist 4-D magic/hax.

2. As mentioned in an earlier CRT, Doom has taken attacks from Scarlet Witch's Chaos Magic, which is Chaos Manipulation as a part of its very nature, so Doom should get resistance to Chaos Manipulation.

3. An extra justification for Supernatural Willpower: When Doom and Human Torch were both being painfully drained/electrocuted, even though Human Torch was crying out in agony, Doom refused to even scream.

4. Also, Doom's resistance to deconstruction for resisting/surviving "his atoms dying" at the hands of the Marquis of Death should also be Resistance to Death Manipulation.

Staff agreements (voting staff in bold): @LephyrTheRevanchist, @Marvel_Champion_07, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Maverick_Zero_X, @Elizhaa

Last edited:
Gimme some time I'll buff his prep to High 1-A
e983e4c7-0c43-4802-afde-0d401165da31_text.gif

I mean, I probably could since he has 2 High 1-A feats (albeit both were done through massive amounts of prep beyond his usual), I just don't want to at the moment.

1. Created the bomb that killed the Beyonders.

2. Gathered the 6 Wands of Watoomb and would've recreated the multiverse (which is High 1-A) had a heavily amped Kushala not stopped him.

Your prolly oiled up thugging it out in the closet 3am bro
Nah, i have a life and i need to sleep

I mean, I probably could since he has 2 High 1-A feats (albeit both were done through massive amounts of prep beyond his usual), I just don't want to at the moment.

1. Created the bomb that killed the Beyonders.

2. Gathered the 6 Wands of Watoomb and would've recreated the multiverse (which is High 1-A) had a heavily amped Kushala not stopped him.
Interesting, a "with extensive prepare time" key would be cool

Maybe it's time to use tabbers on his AP? Just like Luffy's profile?
Hmmmm...

That's not a bad idea, actually.

But I am busy with other Marvel revisions, so that one will likely have to wait. Good idea, though.

Any other staff?

If not, then unless any of the staff who have already voted object, I'll apply this thread once Grace ends since 3 staff (2 of which have voting rights) have accepted the thread and no one has objected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back