• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why is Dormmamu 2-C? The Dark Dimension just a different portion of reality within each universe, rather than its own universe. Considering the MCU up until Endgame/Loki is a timeline independent from the multiverse, Dormmamu shouldn’t exist if the Dark Dimension was its own universe. In What If...? what seems to be an alternate Dormmamu encounters Supreme Strange. In addition Sorcerers cannot enter other universes with their own power, whereas they can enter the Dark Dimension, as shown when the Ancient One sends Strange’s astral form into the Dark Dimension.
There seems to be a distinction between the Multiverse of Dimensions and the Multiverse of Timelines, with universes like 616 and 838 containing their own separate sets of dimensions. In all reality Dormmamu is just trying to conquer the infinite planes of reality within one universe, which should make him High 3-A or Low 2-C at most right?
You could argue that the Dark Dimension exists beyond the confines of time. However, it is wholly possible for timeless objects to exist within timelines. For instance, true singularities would have infinite time dilation and thus would not experience the conventional passage of time, yet still be a part of a larger universe which does.

Last edited:
So what would be Wanda's tier?
If I had to write a profile right now I’d say “6-C (Dr. Strange could only barely contend with her when tactics and/or the element of surprise, with his only recourse being to flee otherwise. Is far superior to herself controlling 838 Wanda due to inhabiting a weaker body, who defeated the Illuminati and even when weakened was still far superior to Dr. Strange), likely Low 6-B (as one of the strongest beings in the verse she should be far more powerful than Ikaris), possibly far higher (Vision stated her full power is comparable to that of the Mind Stone. Likely comparable a celestial like Ego as he still proved to be comparatively small threat) Low 2-C, likely 2-A over time or possibly with Power Absorption (Repeatedly stated to be a threat to the multiverse, but only through causing incursions with Dreamwalking [which have been shown to just destroy one universe at a time] or if she hypothetically managed to absorb America’s power, which is portrayed as something that sufficiently powerful sorcerers like Dr. Strange can accomplish. Destroyed every Darkhold in the multiverse at the cost of her own life.)”

Last edited:
If I had to write a profile right now I’d say “6-C (Dr. Strange could only barely contend with her when tactics and/or the element of surprise, with his only recourse being to flee otherwise. Is far superior to herself controlling 838 Wanda due to inhabiting a weaker body, who defeated the Illuminati and even when weakened was still far superior to Dr. Strange), likely Low 6-B (as one of the strongest beings in the verse she should be far more powerful than Ikaris), possibly far higher (Vision stated her full power is comparable to that of the Mind Stone. Likely comparable a celestial like Ego as he still proved to be comparatively small threat) Likely 2-A over time or with Power Absorption (repeatedly stated to be a threat to the multiverse, but this is in the context of if she managed to absorb America’s power. Destroyed every Darkhold in the multiverse at the cost of her own life.)”
I highly doubt she's 2-A

Me when I see the current MCU high tier characters at Low 6-B and relativistic via scaling to the Eternals

IMG_1613.png

Why is Dormmamu 2-C? The Dark Dimension just a different portion of reality within each universe, rather than its own universe.
This is made up headcanon, not something stated.
Considering the MCU up until Endgame/Loki is a timeline independent from the multiverse, Dormmamu shouldn’t exist if the Dark Dimension was its own universe.
They made up their own bs independent from what others created.
In What If...? what seems to be an alternate Dormmamu encounters Supreme Strange.
Yeah, same happens in the main comic's What Ifs, beings unique to other realities still cross over stories to the main universe.
In addition Sorcerers cannot enter other universes with their own power, whereas they can enter the Dark Dimension, as shown when the Ancient One sends Strange’s astral form into the Dark Dimension.
They can't ever since Multiverse of Madness' awful worldbuilding, the Sling Ring was stated to allow to travel throughout the multiverse in the first movie by the super wasted Mordo and stated to enable portals to travel between Earth and the Multiverse. I bet some morons in Disney saw Spider-Man saying "..so the multiverse is real?" in FfH and took it at face value from then on.
There seems to be a distinction between the Multiverse of Dimensions and the Multiverse of Timelines, with universes like 616 and 838 containing their own separate sets of dimensions.
No, they're the same in their use like always (Timeline=all time in a reality, like in the universe. Dimension=reality of any made up characteristic, like the universe), people just made up their own sh*t on their own and that creates issues if you take in all their contradictory bs as if it wasn't contradictory. This is obviously not the same as they stating in lore that there is a difference between things that mean the same in context so that their lore doesn't create a mess. It is a mess, period.
In all reality Dormmamu is just trying to conquer the infinite planes of reality within one universe, which should make him High 3-A or Low 2-C at most right?
That's not what he tries to do and you made up that "planes of reality" thing.
You could argue that the Dark Dimension exists beyond the confines of time.
You say it as if it was some conclusion that could be made rather than something stated many times.
However, it is wholly possible for timeless objects to exist within timelines. For instance, true singularities would have infinite time dilation and thus would not experience the conventional passage of time, yet still be a part of a larger universe which does.
If it is beyond time, it is not within time.

The Dark Dimension is it's own reality however I'm pretty sure there's a distinction between the infinite realities seemingly tied to the mainline world and the multiverse at large

There's not, it's just bad writing. They're not trying to say all realities are tied to the mainline universe, except Loki, which has it with infinite universes being alt. timelines from the main one, but those alt. timelines are not wacky realities looking unlike the main universe, so Loki doesn't state that a multiverse doesn't exist, it only has it that alt. timelines of the main universe weren't a thing until they were at the end of s1.

This claim that the What If series could start thanks to that is baseless and ties dots not meant to be tied.

Also isn't it funny how Wong makes a whole deal about Wanda being able to "warp reality as she pleases" and then she proceeds to reality warp arguably once in the entire movie aside from the tree field thing.

But well, i guess she did say she was still being reasonable 🤷‍♂️

Also isn't it funny how Wong makes a whole deal about Wanda being able to "warp reality as she pleases" and then she proceeds to reality warp arguably once in the entire movie aside from the tree field thing.

But well, i guess she did say she was still being reasonable 🤷‍♂️
What I didn't get is that why does Wanda leave Westview if she knew she caused a lot of trouble there, but yet causes it again?

Just got done watching it. Everything was great except for the script and the ending.

“You can do it, you just gotta believe in yourself” LOL

A couple people in the movie theater including me busted out laughing from how bad a couple of the lines were.
"You're not like the other Stephens" is really nice in context, but out of context it sounds really funny

Just got done watching it. Everything was great except for the script and the ending.

“You can do it, you just gotta believe in yourself” LOL

A couple people in the movie theater including me busted out laughing from how bad a couple of the lines were.
Cliche if you ask me

I’m sorry, I just want to gibe my two cents in on something that was being argued about. There seems to be some “misconceptions” about how Magical Power works in the MCU.

Wanda/Scarlet Witch: Power comes from within unlike everyone else (Explained by Agatha in WV)

Sorcerers: Draw on powers from different Dimension. They don’t Generate their own Magical Power.

Darkhold: Doesn’t give a Magical Amp Boost. Idk where this assumption came from. It’s not even implied.

Defender Strange: He isn’t “Stronger” when bring possessed. Again, sorcerers don’t generate their own Magic, they channel it from other dimensions. The only way DS is “Weaker” than 616 Strange is if there are “limitations” with how much Magical Energy can be channeled through a Dead-body.

838 Wanda: Olsen’s statement makes sense. 838 Wanda hasn’t likely trained as much as 616 Wanda being a legit Mom and all & she’s not a “realized” Scarlet Witch like 616 Wanda. She’s logically “weaker” barring our Wanda “Knowing More” thanks to Experience & Darkhold. It would be like the Spirit of Mike Tyson taking over your Average Joe.

Note: This was also discussed before but please understand that the ONLY reason Defender Strange “Overpowered” Wanda is because Spirits of the Damned eat her chaos Magic up to a certain degree. Strange controlling them has nothing to do in comparison to Wanda.

Darkhold doesn't give a boost. It just houses spells that are far more powerful than usual
If you mean “houses” as in it teaches you to use them then I agree.
Note: This was also discussed before but please understand that the ONLY reason Defender Strange “Overpowered” Wanda is because Spirits of the Damned eat her chaos Magic up to a certain degree. Strange controlling them has nothing to do in comparison to Wanda.
Huh for some reason I thought they gave him power beyond the wings. Either way it’s only because of the dark magic Strange was using to strengthen himself and (like you said) draw upon another source of power that is my reasoning for him being more powerful, not just saying that that version of him is somehow stronger. Also like you said the reason 838 Wanda was weaker was because of the specific body being weaker, not anything to do with Dreamwalking

Movies:
Doctor Strange in the MoM
Shang-Chi
Eternals
No Way Home
Black Widow

All of Phase 4:
Moon Knight
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange in the MoM
Shang-Chi
Falcon and the Winter Soldier