• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did Superman just... (Spoilers for Justice League 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would appreciate if others try to ask Snyder the question that I mentioned earlier as well. I do not use Twitter anymore and closed down my account.

Well I don't like upgrading Superman. But technically it's a amp and more extreme power boosts have happened before. The rating, if kept, should scale to absolutely no one however.

I do think it's better to be "many suns" rather than several which makes it sound less while we don't really know how many he went through. You see Superman curving and didn't miss any stars near him. He also did not reappear until a few pages later, so he could've went through even more stars. Since all he needed was enough power to break the dimension as opposed to actually flying to a destination.

I have a question. What exactly in the scan (that is now linked to his profile as justification of his tier) suggests that Superman destroyed an entire universe?

He punched the World Forger, and then all of the universe was literally shown to be in pieces. Afterwards I think that World Forger mentioned that it was destroyed as well.

I thinks it's like that iconic scene in the old Superman movies where someone is trapped in a panel as it flies into space. Space shatters, but the matter within is still okay.

The issue is whether or not it was a chain reaction due to destroying the Crisis Anvil. I signed up to Twitter and asked Scott Snyder about it, but I doubt that he will reply to a new account without any followers, so if others are willing to politely ask him as well, that would be appreciated.

Antvasima said:
The issue is whether or not it was a chain reaction due to destroying the Crisis Anvil. I signed up to Twitter and asked Scott Snyder about it, but I doubt that he will reply to a new account without any followers, so if others are willing to politely ask him as well, that would be appreciated.
I'll do that when I can access twitter.

According to his justification on his profile, the new universe was only being made while Supes shattered it. If it was in the process, it was not complete. And shattering the space-time of an unknown-sized dimension is treated as unquantifiable.

You are referencing the quote:

"Earthquakes in the distance. The Phantom Zone trembles under the weight of this fight. Every creature and prisoner must have been alerted to this."

It's safe to assume that regrowing earth from basketball size will cause issues.

https://***************.to/Comic/Superman-2018/Issue-5?id=143804

I do not know. It was likely flowery spech hyperbole.

"Earthquakes in the distance. The Phantom Zone trembles under the weight of this fight. Every creature and prisoner must have been alerted to this." - Superman's narration.

Assuming that the Phantom Zone is the size of the observable universe and that the ENTIRE Phantom Zone is affected by the fight, a 2.5 magnitude quake will be a 4-A feat of 8.62472E+62 Joules. (Used similar formula from GT Goku shaking the afterlife )

If the area affected is the size of a galaxy, the 2.5 Magnitude AP would be a 4-B of 1.11411E+51 Joules

If the area of a Solar System is affected, the 2.5 Magnitude AP would be a 5-A feat of 9.00428E+34 Joules

Keep in mind that we have no confirmation of how much area is actually shaken.

We have no proof that an entire universe was literally affected, and not just the local area. My apologies.

Antvasima

I'm not sure, Supe's mentions that every creature and prisoner must have been alerted to their fight, and I can't imagine how they would be unless they could literally feel the vibrations from their fight. Tho maybe there's something else in the comic I'm missing.

I remember hearing somewhere that the Phantom Zone is supposed to be Infinite in size, but I've never seen any scans that suggest this, and might be Hyperbolic anyway.

The thing as well is that I don't know if the normal value can be applied since the Phantom Zone exists outside the normal Spacetime Continuum

To me, it's hyperbole. How would Superman know that the ENTIRE Phantom Zone is trembling? All he should know is that the area around him is shaking. When it came to Goku doing it, we had confirmation of it affecting Grand Kai and the zoom out perspective.

Yes, it is extremely unlikely that the prisoners were half a universe away from him.

To be 4-B, you need to prove that the area affected is around galaxy size as shown in my math above.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, what is most relevant here is to figure out the specifics of the feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back