• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Post-Crisis Superman Early Key Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll already made a fool of yourself by asking a proof regarding a common fact. Don't think it'll be wise to expose more about your clueness on the Green Lantern lore.
Start by reading comic books first.
Prove that guy gardner's willpower was any less in that comic

Prove that guy gardner's willpower was any less in that comic

big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

This thread aint ready, let alone you in view of your previous feeble posts.
Plus:
Start by reading comic books first.

Don't be rude to our staff for trying to help out and do their jobs, or to other members here for that matter. This is supposed to be a friendly, respectful, and collaborative community.

Last edited:
I suppose that we could use "Usually 7-B to 6-C; 5-A at his peak" or somesuch instead. Would that be preferable?
I am fine with this.
That’d be more accurate than the current proposal.
So should we use this compromise solution then? It seems to be acceptably accurate and take both sides into account equally.
We should be good to go for this one.
I really don't think it's necessary to list two ratings below 5-A tbh, but do whatever honestly
It seems like we have reached a consensus here in any case.

Dude, chill.
Don't mention @ me first when I'm not the one trying to escalate the discussion/thread into a heated one.
Tell this to the random Miniavengers jumping into a discussion he was not even part of initially. The discussion eneded well before he tried to carrying on for no reasons.
Reconsider your judgments on who to "blame".

Don't mention @ me first when I'm not the one trying to escalate the discussion/thread into a heated one.
Tell this to the random Miniavengers jumping into a discussion he was not even part of initially. The discussion eneded well before he tried to carrying on for no reasons.
Reconsider your judgments on who to "blame".
I'm not blaming anybody. I'm just asking to put a stop to this spat.

I'm not blaming anybody. I'm just asking to put a stop to this spat.
Same thing.
Don't mention @ first and don't ask me anything then, as I haven't tried to carry on the discussion for no reasons.
Think twice before getting into something you are misjudging*, that's all I'm telling you.

Just going to lay out my personal view, but how is that 5-A durability feat even valid in the first place?

The mass of our sun is 1,98892000000000001e+38g, so the value in kilotons is 8.5444003e+39

Energy: 3.57497708552e+52 J or 357.49 MegaFoe - Solar System leve

The calc assumes the entire mass of the star was converted into anti matter as well as the planet, why is that the assumption ( which the OP of the calc doesn’t even establish himself) instead of the Sun exploding as soon as the antimatter planet touched it?

Anti matter reacting with matter is a mass energy conversion E=MC^2 of their combined masses.

The only way the calc works is if you assume that half of the suns mass was converted to antimatter, which the panels don’t imply because as soon as the antimatter planet touches the star in the very next panel we see an explosion.

For all we know the anti matter planet only resulted in a low end High 4-C explosion ( 10.8e 41 joules; 2x the mass-energy of earth ) reacting with an equivalent amount of matter when it touched the star.

Just going to lay out my personal view, but how is that 5-A durability feat even valid in the first place?

The mass of our sun is 1,98892000000000001e+38g, so the value in kilotons is 8.5444003e+39

Energy: 3.57497708552e+52 J or 357.49 MegaFoe - Solar System leve

The calc assumes the entire mass of the star was converted into anti matter as well as the planet, why is that the assumption ( which the OP of the calc doesn’t even establish himself) instead of the Sun exploding as soon as the antimatter planet touched it?

Anti matter reacting with matter is a mass energy conversion E=MC^2 of their combined masses.

The only way the calc works is if you assume that half of the suns mass was converted to antimatter, which the panels don’t imply because as soon as the antimatter planet touches the star in the very next panel we see an explosion.

For all we know the anti matter planet only resulted in a low end High 4-C explosion ( 10.8e 41 joules; 2x the mass-energy of earth ) reacting with an equivalent amount of matter when it touched the star.
I also have concerns regarding that calc, but we can save that for a different thread.

What about the statement I listed above of him using an extra reserve of energy he never tapped into before when fighting Doomsday? It would be good to add it

I’ve also noticed that Superman’s P&A formatting is now… incredibly gross to look at. I added scrollboxes to make it look somewhat better, but there’s a lot of issues that need to be edited.

And the formatting change was absolutely not discussed in the first place, this sort of stuff needs agreement and for the record, I absolutely disagree with it being applied to this profile, not to mention it was done improperly.

I’ve also noticed that Superman’s P&A formatting is now… incredibly gross to look at. I added scrollboxes to make it look somewhat better, but there’s a lot of issues that need to be edited.

And the formatting change was absolutely not discussed in the first place, this sort of stuff needs agreement and for the record, I absolutely disagree with it being applied to this profile, not to mention it was done improperly.
I initially converted the ability lists to bullets on my draft to make sorting and sourcing easier.

When the other staff looked through it during my sorting, they seemed fine with the bullets and suggested using the Inner Tabbers. From there, no one made any further remarks about it. See page 2 of thread.

If it's preferred to go back to the paragraph form, that's fine. All the sources and sorting are done.

All the sources and sorting are done.
That’s part of the issue here, there’s a lot of powers and resistances that don’t have any scans or even justifications.

Also this is listed in his resistances for some reason
  • Remove, unless we have scans he explicitly resisted the erasure effect not generic blasts.

That’s part of the issue here, there’s a lot of powers and resistances that don’t have any scans or even justifications.
I sourced the existing scans. Those that are just abilities without scans were already pre-existing, and I wasn't sure if the abilities clean-up should be done in a different thread.
Remove, unless we have scans he explicitly resisted the erasure effect not generic blasts.
Forgot about that note in the list. Revised.

What the hell happened to the Formatting? Why is Superhuman Physical Characteristics at the drop-dead bottom?

Also I think we already stated to reference every last scan before making the updates.

What the hell happened to the Formatting? Why is Superhuman Physical Characteristics at the drop-dead bottom?

Also I think we already stated to reference every last scan before making the updates.
What are you talking about? You guys were looking this over this part of the draft during the sorting process. You guys even made formatting suggestions after I had to alphabetize the list when they got too muddled up.

If it needs to be changed, what is the standard order of abilities mean to be?

Almost all the scand have already been sourced and referenced. Some of them were unable to be determined.

What are you talking about? You guys were looking this over this part of the draft during the sorting process. You guys even made formatting suggestions after I had to alphabetize the list when they got too muddled up.
I never said to alphabetize, only to bold the powers in the bullet-point list.

If it needs to be changed, what is the standard order of abilities mean to be?
Usually the force of habit is having Superhuman Physical Characteristics at the top, then any of the physical-based abilities and then the superpowers from what I've seen in profiles.

Almost all the scans have already been sourced and referenced. Some of them were unable to be determined.
Only talking about the TBD scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back