• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Post-Crisis Superman Early Key Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. We can basically copy the Post-Absorption Tier from SM to Doomsday.

@Antvasima Can you help?
I have unlocked the page:

Alright, I backed up the current changes, and I reset the profile to when Ant first unlocked it.

Now, we need to re-settle all formatting issues.

Here is the current draft.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics is supposed to be at the top, there's no need to use commas at the end of powers in a bullet list, I'd put the physical-based abilities first (Like Enhanced Senses, Acrobatics, Martial Arts, Super Breath, Limited Sound Manip via voice and voice tuning, that sort of thing), then I'd put in the supernatural powers like Heat Vision, Spatial Manipulation, Portal Creation) etc.

Alright, I backed up the current changes, and I reset the profile to when Ant first unlocked it.

It looks pretty good to me except for the coding error in the posts and abilities section, but I only had the time to take a brief look. What do the rest of you think?

It looks pretty good to me except for the coding error in the posts and abilities section, but I only had the time to take a brief look. What do the rest of you think?
That's just temporary to make edits easier.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics is supposed to be at the top, there's no need to use commas at the end of powers in a bullet list, I'd put the physical-based abilities first (Like Enhanced Senses, Acrobatics, Martial Arts, Super Breath, Limited Sound Manip via voice and voice tuning, that sort of thing), then I'd put in the supernatural powers like Heat Vision, Spatial Manipulation, Portal Creation) etc.
Can this suggestion be added to the Profile Standards page down the line for future reference.

Can this suggestion be added to the Profile Standards page down the line for future reference.
Sure, though I can't edit in stuff into locked pages, I'm not a content mod. It'd also be preferable to see what others think about this suggestion.

So my thoughts:
Paragraph format with bolded abilities would be better for both keys

For Post-CoIE, they should be listed in an order like this:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Weapon Mastery, Acrobatics, Stellar Radiation Absorption and Empowerment, Enhanced Senses, Information Analysis, Flight, Heat Vision, Non-Physical Interaction, Limited Power Nullification, Super Breath & Ice Breath, and then everything else
This way, all the powers related to each other (like his NPI and heat vision) are grouped together instead of being spread all over the place.

Genius Intelligence needs to go for this key. There’s no scans for it, and simply being “capable with alien technology” shouldn’t be worth a Genius rating on its own.

Also “should be able to replicate Supergirl's sonic scream” should be removed for this key, since there’s just no reason for it to be there, and Supergirl wasn’t even in the continuity during this era.

Last edited:
Thank you to everybody who are helping out here. 🙏

Pre-Death scans:
Supergirl #13. Though as Tracer said, this might not apply to Pre-Death.

The Weird #2. Off-topic, but it's from a very good run that I'd recommend reading.

Superman: The Earth Stealers

Action Comics #656. He's has some other good ability/resistance stuff during this arc, that should probably be added to his page if it's not already.

Action Comics Annual #3

The Man of Steel #3
Adventures of Superman Annual #1

This leaves two, which I'll try to find later.

For the record, I agree about that The Weird was an excellent miniseries, easily Jim Starlin's best work by my preferences, and his only story that I currently still consider to have made a positive contribution to human consciousness, given its strong focus on freedom and genuine morality, rather than the power-mad social-Darwinian existentialistic viewpoints and bullheaded inconsiderate steamroller storytelling style that Starlin has usually employed.

Self evident or needs scan?
Sourcing

Abilities

Resistances

Last edited:
These are obvious, as is flight.
Could just just use him making afterimages vs DD Rex
For surviving the Omega Beams, The New Gods #10 and Adventures of Superman #595 are probably the most obvious examples of surviving the Omega Beams. The scans have to be hosted on Imgur though.
The first scan seems to be a redraw of this scan from Wonder Woman #219, second scan is from Superman: The Man of Steel #57, and the third scan is Superman #225.
Same issue as where he holds the mini Black Hole, JLA #77.
Superman: The Man of Steel #110
JLA #42
Action Comics #728
Superman: The Man of Steel #114
Adventures of Superman #581
Not sure for the first scan, but the second one is Wonder Woman #219, the third one is Action Comics #818, and the fourth one is
Superman/Batman #18.
This one needs scans, but the comics where the events happen are are Action Comics #855, 856, and 857.
This doesn't have scans in the first place, but Superman has survived soul-targeting attacks from Etrigan (Superman #587) and overcame the Hollow Men draining his soul/hope with help from Lois (Adventures of Superman #616).
  • Mind Manipulation (Through Torquasm-Vo, a Kryptonian mental technique, Superman can access his own inner consciousness and astral plane to build up psychic blocks and fight off telepathic attacks),
Is probably referring to Adventures of Superman #585 where he forsakes physical force to block illusions.
Probably just goes with the Torquasm Vo stuff.
As mentioned before, the comic is Adventures of Superman #585.
Action Comics #819
Superman/Batman #37
Superman (1987) #224
Superman: The Man of Steel #29

Superman #663
Day of Judgement #5
Where is Thy Sting and Adventures of Superman Annual #1
Superman: The Man of Steel #30
Superman #47
Superman: The Man of Steel #50

There's a few scans left uncited and some other stuff that needs scans/justifications, but this covers the bulk of stuff.

These are obvious, as is flight.

Could just just use him making afterimages vs DD Rex

For surviving the Omega Beams, The New Gods #10 and Adventures of Superman #595 are probably the most obvious examples of surviving the Omega Beams. The scans have to be hosted on Imgur though.

The first scan seems to be a redraw of this scan from Wonder Woman #219, second scan is from Superman: The Man of Steel #57, and the third scan is Superman #225.

Same issue as where he holds the mini Black Hole, JLA #77.

Superman: The Man of Steel #110

JLA #42

Action Comics #728

Superman: The Man of Steel #114

Adventures of Superman #581

Not sure for the first scan, but the second one is Wonder Woman #219, the third one is Action Comics #818, and the fourth one is
Superman/Batman #18.

This one needs scans, but the comics where the events happen are are Action Comics #855, 856, and 857.

This doesn't have scans in the first place, but Superman has survived soul-targeting attacks from Etrigan (Superman #587) and overcame the Hollow Men draining his soul/hope with help from Lois (Adventures of Superman #616).

Is probably referring to Adventures of Superman #585 where he forsakes physical force to block illusions.

Probably just goes with the Torquasm Vo stuff.

As mentioned before, the comic is Adventures of Superman #585.

Action Comics #819

Superman/Batman #37

Superman (1987) #224

Superman: The Man of Steel #29

Superman #663

Day of Judgement #5

Where is Thy Sting and Adventures of Superman Annual #1

Superman: The Man of Steel #30

Superman #47

Superman: The Man of Steel #50

There's a few scans left uncited and some other stuff that needs scans/justifications, but this covers the bulk of stuff.
Thanks!

Thank you very much for helping out, Firestorm808 and Ehnkr2beboh.

Btw: I also don't think that early Post-Crisis Superman had Genius level intelligence. He seemed more Gifted level to me.

Late Post-Crisis Superman seemed to have reasonably superhuman (Extraordinary Genius) level intelligence though, but I do not remember so well.

Also, please tell us when you have finished updating the relevant Superman blog, Firestorm808.

After we're done with this, can we kill 4-B DC? Cause tbf, the two feats we have from that tier are super shaky and unreliable

Okay. No problem and thank you for helping out. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back