• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did Superman just... (Spoilers for Justice League 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destroyed the sixth dimension (and knock out the World Forger) with a single punch? (Although seemingly temporarily amped by flying through many suns) But what does this mean to the character? Is this one off or showings for his potential strength? https://i.imgur.com/MGRCbCd.jpg

Also, a holding back Batman casually beating down Justice League members with his Sun Box Suit... (He could've easily rewrite the cells and basically brainwash them any time he wanted) https://i.imgur.com/QhtbRH4.jpg

And also once again hinting back to the idea of Superman and Batman being integrel to DC's metaverse as a whole.

He did not destroy the Sixth Dimension, but he did punch out the World Forger with an attack that only destroyed part of a planet.

This is what I mean when I say that Marvel and DC generally do not care at all about logical storytelling in terms of power scaling.

In the same story the Legion of Doom made enough of a difference in the Mxyzptlk/Bat-Mite fight to defeat the former.

1) Sun-dipping does not increase Superman's power several infinite numbers of times.

Up to a point, yes, but a punch with 6-A level outward destructive power almost knocking out an "At least 2-A" level entity seems like a very extreme contradiction.

Good point. That may have been a side effect of that Superman interupted the Forger right as he was about to rewrite the universe, or that the damage to his physical form shattered the universe that he created. If not it would seem to be a massive outlier, but I am not certain.

Antvasima said:
He did not destroy the Sixth Dimension, but he did punch out the World Forger with an attack that only destroyed part of a planet.
This is what I mean when I say that Marvel and DC generally do not care at all about logical storytelling in terms of power scaling.

In the same story the Legion of Doom made enough of a difference in the Mxyzptlk/Bat-Mite fight to defeat the former.
Sorry, he didn't destroy the sixth dimension. But he seemingly cracked open a large hole into the sixth dimension. I think it is implied that he went through all these stars maybe even more. https://i.imgur.com/1JoOxAD.png To get to this point. https://i.imgur.com/7k4kPNE.png

Prior to this, Superman was in the 5th dimension.

https://i.imgur.com/xZpPBeP.png

@Ant

Superman has only sundipped directly through a star, let alone multiple ones like this time, once before to my knowledge, and it was completely unquantifiable then as well. We don't know anything about canon sundipping boosts other than they're "big".

And yes, it's a huge difference in AP vs DC, but just look at any other franchise with big power levels. Take DBS for instance, characters with Low 2-C levels of power routinely perform 8-A level feats with "big" attacks. Marvel and DC are no different, but I notice they get a lot more hate for it than Dragon Ball, at least in the current meta of battleboards.

Antvasima said:
Well, upgrading Superman (Post-Flashpoint) to Low 2-C for shattering the space-time of a universe would be an extremely big upgrade, and I have no idea how to scale other characters from it, so I would appreciate if you ask the following members to comment here for input
I do think this is only a one off amp though due to the possibility of infinite amount of sun from the 5th dimension created from imaginations. I doubt it's going to stay that way at all.

So, we shouldn't give him a "Solar System level. Universe level+ at his peak after several sun dips (Shattered the space-time of a universe)" statistic? If not, we are likely never going to hear the end of it.

Well, he only destroyed a universe, and the Forger was only presented as a universe creator in this story, not as a character that can create infinite universes at the same time.

That's true, I'm just saying that unless all that context is explained it'll probably cause confusion for casual fans that come to this site, click to see the feat, and then see World Forger's profile is rated infinitely higher.

Well, given how inconsistent DC Comics is, we can only scale regular superhero characters from explicit feats. Perhaps you can add a footnote explanation to the page?

Something like this? "Note: Despite knocking over the World Forger, sundipped Superman's actual feat only involved destroying a single universe, so please do not use the feat to upgrade him to 2-A?"

@Emperor

I would be so disappointed if Doomsday Clock just ends with Superman slugging it out with Manhattan. I need my philosophical debate lol

Yes. You can probably add the Low 2-C sun-dipped statistic.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
It's not normal Supes, it's a one-off powerup. Ant thought leaving it off the profile would cause a recurring issue where people would keep trying to bring it up, so we added it.
Meh I get it in a sense but don't see it as needed considering as you said it was a one off power up.

Rebirth Superman gets a sundipped upgrade, and no one tells me so I can verify and document it.

https://***************.to/Comic/Justice-League-2018/Issue-25?id=156396

World Forger

I thought sundipped Superman's punch destroyed the World Forger's multiverse?

And what of we learn in the future that the World Forger is stronger than Mister Mxy? We will scale sundipped Superman to him?

Firestorm808 said:
What made you think that?
Well, the World Forger stated that Superman destroyed his masterpiece which is the multiverse he created to replace the current one.

It's pretty clear he was referring to the universe he was in the process of creating, as he then complained that his multiverse couldn't be perfected in time for the Judgment. That last universe was what would make his multiverse "perfect".

@PrinceOfTheMorning noted. Also, the Sixth Dimension was described as the "final dimension" is the Sixth Dimension transcend the Monitor Sphere and the Sphere of the Gods?

Elizio33 said:
@PrinceOfTheMorning noted. Also, the Sixth Dimension was described as the "final dimension" is the Sixth Dimension transcend the Monitor Sphere and the Sphere of the Gods?
Doubt it.

Doubt it.

Why? The Sixth Dimension was also described as the highest plane of existence in JL #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back