• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Did Superman just... (Spoilers for Justice League 25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair Supe's has his Super senses which can apparantly home in on something from 25 Light Years away somehow. Tho I agree this feat should go under the "Hyperbole" category for him.

I mean, that's not new. In Post-Crisis he heard Green Lantern whisper his name in another solar system while he was trying to sleep and smelled brownies in North Dakota while on the moon. His senses have always been extreme.

Where are you getting those numbers from? How is hearing something a High 4-C thing?

It's in regard to my earlier calc in the thread based on magnitude of a quake and volume affected.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
@Ant
I'm unsure. I read that as World Forger saying he can't exist in the normal universe, therefore he's creating a new one in the Sixth Dimension where he can exist just fine. The fact that he's joining the Justice League and presumably going to the normal universe supports the avatar idea though. I think it would be easiest to just wait for a few more issues and adjust both World Forger and Superman accordingly, if needed.

@Violet

They've been that way for a little while now.
Didn't notice, but since the New 52 JLA is 4-B, can we have Maxwell be 4-B too since he uses the suits from the New 52 JLA?

No problem. Feel free to update the page.

I'm not sure how hearing something from far away could be converted into Star level AP, and we shouldn't use it as an AP feat anyway. It's just the demonstration of his super senses, not AP.

I'm still unsure about the supposedly universal feat due to the reasons I pointed out above. I'll ask Matt to comment here tho.

@AKM

If you wish, we could remove the Low 2-C statistics until we know more, along with adding a footnote explanation about that we do not know if it was due to raw power or destroying the Crisis Anvil.

Also, somebody should update the Maxwell profile statistics that scale from the Justice League.

.... I have a lot of questions:

• Wouldn't thr feat of overpowering or even knocking down the World Forger be utilized ... Since there isn't much evidence (to my knowledge) that he's weaker ?
  • Would this effect the other two (Superboy and Wally West) seen in the pic for the punch... Or are those apparition used for motivational purposes

Personally, I would've waited a while before changing any statistics as I'm hearing Supes is about to defeat Doctor Manhattan.

Anyway, what's done is done, don't revert them just yet. I'd wait for more knowledgeable members (Matt, Kep, Sandman, TheC2, MrKing) to comment before reverting/changing the statistics further.

I agree with AKM Sama with waiting for other knowledgable members... Before doing anything else. Because if he ends up fighting Manhattan it would allow him to likely have a new key for this state.

The reason I asked is because the Forger shouldn't have been knocked down by any attack that wasn't in his realm of AP... Regardless of it being only 'destroying a planet'... Even if he was surprised.

I think the original justification given by Ant is sound from my reading of the issue, but I'm neutral if you all decide to change it. Keep in mind that we only added this amp to the profile so it wouldn't turn into a recurring issue. And now there's a big debate over it lol

I know the way the comic presents this feat is weird, but that isn't the rest of the Universe in that panel

Looking at the top panel here https://i.imgur.com/ZUKivZ8.jpg You can see shards of Spacetime floating around which contain numerous Planets and Stars within them. The panel with Earth in it is another one of these shards, you can even see the cut off point of that piece of Spacetime (it looks a lot like broken glass) on the top of said panel.

Yes, the universe was clearly destroyed. The question is if Superman did it via raw power, or if it was a result of destroying the Crisis Anvil.

@Procrastinate That last part is interesting... I'm not sure what to say about it.

I'm going to ask again ... So shouldn't knocking down the World Forger be considered an upgradable feat... Even if he destroyed the universe via attacking the Anvil ? I'm sorry if this is sounding repetitive... But there isn't anything suggesting the Forger is weaker, and due to the high tier Forger has he shouldn't be downed by anyhing lower than his tier...

If the Earth is contained in the shard, that would mean Supes didn't destroy the matter of the universe. Only its space-time.

3-A = Destruction of physical matter

Low 2-C = Destruction of physical matter + space-time

If only the space-time has been destroyed and not the physical matter, wouldn't this count as some space-time manipulation or an unquantifiable feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back