• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Revisions : Conceptual Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats nice on Type 1.

Well, my own interpretations of OP proposal says that Souls are just more abstract than concepts. Not necessarily that they are completely conceptual. More like partially.

But I have my own takes on this, I can write a response in next hour.
This can be discussed more at length.

Well high-godly requires regeneration from all 4 basic aspects of existance:- Body, soul, mind, concept.

Mid Godly is regeneration when even one out of these 4 aspects remain and you come back.

So we thought Mid Godly was more accurate.
I guest Mid Godly Regeneration above baseline Sounds better?

I'm neutral on the whole thing, rather wait for the game to come out and give more context for this than push for the upgrades but if this does go through then whatever.
actually the game did come out, it was released back in june however its only in chinese, and honestly i doubt an english version would bring anything different if that ever does come out

edit: also it's just a tip in the game about the lore, you cant add more context to it unless new unrelated stuff comes out

Last edited:
It’s not out for people OUTSIDE of China to play, id rather wait until we get the game legally than do all of this shit now if there’s any context.

It’s not out for people OUTSIDE of China to play, id rather wait until we get the game legally than do all of this shit now if there’s any context.
there's isnt any context, its a loading screen tip, there cant be any more context to add,and anyway the statement itself is pretty clear about the names and them being part of their souls i dont see any reason to wait for this

edit: also you could play the game if you're outside of china, galens has it and he's not chinese (i think)

Last edited:
The interpretation that random fodder/every single demon can mess with concepts is obviously wrong, considering Vergil and Arkham state in rather clear terms that Sparda's ability to mess with names is unparalleled and something that no common demon would ever be able to match.

If every single fodder was able to mess with something even greater than names, this would not be the case.

The interpretation that random fodder/every single demon can mess with concepts is obviously wrong, considering Vergil and Arkham state in rather clear terms that Sparda's ability to mess with names is unparalleled and something that no common demon would ever be able to match.

If every single fodder was able to mess with something even greater than names, this would not be the case.
in that context, i think that refers to the ability of restoring & manipulating names , demons can only destroy each others souls thats it

besides that are you ok with the crt?
edit: it could also be due to the fact sparda erased those names without interacting with demons directly and thats why its so powerful verse wise

Last edited:
in that context, i think that refers to the ability of restoring & manipulating names , demons can only destroy each others souls thats it

besides that are you ok with the crt?
edit: it could also be due to the fact sparda erased those names without interacting with demons directly and thats why its so powerful verse wise
However, this CRT supports the idea of Souls not only containing the names but other aspects aswell, and even on Demon Physiology page, it is scaled to all demons the ability of manipulate souls in many ways (listed on Mister's Blog about the case), even using them as energy source, steal them, eat them, the works

Kep does have a point, unless we take Arkham's quote as Sparda's feat being special for how specific it is, which could be something hard to prove

However, this CRT supports the idea of Souls not only containing the names but other aspects aswell, and even on Demon Physiology page, it is scaled to all demons the ability of manipulate souls in many ways (listed on Mister's Blog about the case), even using them as energy source, steal them, eat them, the works

Kep does have a point, unless we take Arkham's quote as Sparda's feat being special for how specific it is, which could be something hard to prove
then its the fact its done from a far without the need to interact with demons directly that makes it powerful

after some discussion on discord we've decided to limit the conceptual manipulation to people with sparda haritage, mundus, the demon worlds energy and maybe the god tiers in general
as greyon & beelzebub are specific demons, and all the other stuff about "killing" demons could be done to low tier ones via Regeneration negation (weapons) to their phyiscal forms this coupled with the fact that the conceptual manipulation itself is treated as a special power in the verse that is rare among the demons and only certain people possess it

after some discussion on discord we've decided to limit the conceptual manipulation to people with sparda haritage, mundus, the demon worlds energy and maybe the god tiers in general
as greyon & beelzebub are specific demons, and all the other stuff about "killing" demons could be done to low tier ones via Regeneration negation (weapons) to their phyiscal forms this coupled with the fact that the conceptual manipulation itself is treated as a special power in the verse that is rare among the demons and only certain people possess it
So only Sparda Haritage,Mundus,etc that got Conceptual Hax?

Can you explain this exactly. This regen neg. And "killing".

Concept type 1, for those who can manipulate names, seems and relevant addition regarding the name.

Just checking, Sevil, for souls you are scaling demon souls as a concepts to name regarding the proposals since Demon Worlds energy was recently proposed to get conceptual manipulation type 1 in the OP?

Concept type 1, for those who can manipulate names, seems and relevant addition regarding the name.

Just checking, Sevil, for souls you are scaling demon souls as a concepts to name regarding the proposals since Demon Worlds energy was recently proposed to get conceptual manipulation type 1 in the OP?
the demon souls are type 1 concepts, yeah because the names are just a part of them, and arkham implies that souls are more fundemental with his statement.
the DWE would get CM1 for being able to corrupt human souls into demons ones,
hope that clarifies it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back