• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry massive revisions (NO, NOT FROM KAMIYA'S TWITTER)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AguilaR101 said:
What does the nightmare dimension thing look like?
It looks like this, but i don't see any star in it.

I disagree with:

- The Nightmare stuff and overall the idea of an at least Large Star level DMC1 Dante and those who scale to him.

- The iffy Low Multiversal stuff from the saviour.

I'm neutral with:

- The Multi-Solar System to High Universe level stuff from Mundus/Void Mundus.

I mean, OP and those who agree w/ him seem to present fair points. As of the novels, Deadly Fortune is semi-canon, so stuff from there is fine as long as it doesn't go against primary canon material. DMC2 novel is clearly canon, as it ties right in to the game.

I'd say that I agree with the upgrades, but I'm better off waiting for DMC5, when it's literally not even 3 weeks away.

Why does everyone always forget Argosax?

Argosax, while still half-sealed, dormant and weakened and in his first form, was passively warping the Demon World and the Human World and merging them into each other.

• Arius: "This world is already warped. Everything that belongs to the demons will soon revert to its original form".
Anyone should be able to look up the first two pages of the DMC3 manga to realize what this means.

Kepekley23 said:
Argosax's feat isn't even credited to him in the actual game.
True...unless you play the game.

The feat is directly credited to unsealing Argosax and the statement regarding the universal merging was made by Arius in response to Lucia trying to hide the Arcanas she had found, which'd be the key to fully unsealing Argosax.

Hard no to this.

Tbh, I don't even care about the stuff in the novels. It is completely unsupported by the games. The primary canon. Not just DMC, but I believe that if stuff is said in supplementary material that's not remotely presented in the original, then it shouldn't be considered at all. You show 6-B feats all the time in your games but your light novels say stuff about 2-B stuff, no. You're still 6-B.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Argosax' "warping" was just creating portals, he wasn't reality warping the entirety of two universes. Just look at the cutscenes.
This is blatantly false and I have to question, with no offense intended, if you have played or even wached Devil May Cry 2, because no portals are even attempted to be opened until the very end of the game, when Arius tries - and fails - to open a Hell Gate. The only other "portals" that are opened throughout the campain are the blue orbs that Dante collects which can open pathways throughout the Underworld. I don't think I need to mention that:

1. It has nothing to do with what Argosax was doing

2. By the time Dante acquires these orbs the Demon World and the Human World are pretty much already merged, since Arius tells Lucia that Argosax is reverting things to how they were on Mission 8 while Dante only acquires the orbs by the double digit missions.

The GoW novels are confirmed by the writers and the actual company to be canon, unlike the DMC novels.

The real cal howard said:
Hard no to this.
Tbh, I don't even care about the stuff in the novels. It is completely unsupported by the games. The primary canon. Not just DMC, but I believe that if stuff is said in supplementary material that's not remotely presented in the original, then it shouldn't be considered at all. You show 6-B feats all the time in your games but your light novels say stuff about 2-B stuff, no. You're still 6-B.
This, especially the bolded part, sounds like a rather hypocritical statement considering you continuously and consistently attempt to upgrade series like Zelda and Pokémon based off of guidebooks and secondary canon entries.

Firstly, amazing strawman argument.

Secondly, still false given I've never upgraded Pokemon multiple tiers beyond what they've shown due to anything that's not the games, manga, and anime, and all Zelda quotes one, failed to upgrade, and two, came directly from the games, not the Hyrule Historia. Most I used was the manual that came with ALTTP, all of which is stated again in OoT and TP.

I could have sworn there was a confirmation of the novels being canon.

Also, Itsuno in one of his interviews referenced the novels several times.

I think that Matthew and Kepekley23 make sense. This intended upgrade seems unreliable. We should probably close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back