• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Downgrade's Awakening (Yes, from Tier 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Because its wrong, not only did pluto separated them by trusting with his spear but sparda did it with his sword and Pluto put a veil between the worlds while sparda put a seal to prevent demons from crossing over.

Again the light did not do shit as explained several times.
1- Stage of separation from Demon World (Black Horned Demon God and Sparda)

2- Stage of splitting the world in half after separation (light)

The light did not do shit in 1, but it sure did in 2.

This is just plain dumb and corroborated by absolutely nothing. The world wasn't separated twice during its creation.

2. Explained that to Mad Dog

3. Also pointed that to mad dog. Mundus farted a universe plain and simple, endlessly stretching is the same as infinitely expanding. Kamiya only said "universe" and we don't even accept his twits anymore, that's why we have 3 guides stating Mundus created an infinitely expanding universe.

4. It was meant to show how stupid of a thread this is
So you now consider PoC scans nothing?

She can argue herself.

Only the same if the context supports it. From what I see, your only recourse is to attempt to dismiss the light splitting scan, without any meaningful effort at reconciliation.
The same scan from Kamiya is being used in Mundus' profile, and referenced as "Official tweets from Hideki Kamiya". So I guess we currently accept his tweets for DMC1.

So a strawman, nice.

It's almost like you ignored everything I said. The light did not split the world, the manga specifically states that a demon god came from the darkness and did it, not the light.
How would separating a tiny speck of light in endless darkness have anything to do with splitting the world in half?

Let me ask you this question:
Did the light eventually split the world in half in an unknown timeframe after separation?
1- Yes
2- No
3- Maybe

...You can't be actually serious, right?

in·fi·nite
/ˈinfənət/
https://www.google.com/search?clien...2ahUKEwib1KWI7KD9AhUZRDABHblgD9wQ3eEDegQICBAH
adjective

1. limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.

I honestly can stop here. You have proven to not only not know what infinite means but have 0 knowledge of the verse you are trying to downgrade.
It has been affirmed by multiple staff that yes, whether endless means literally infinite is context driven:

So no, we currently do not automatically use the dictionary meaning while ignoring context.

bruh

You can't be seriously thinking that because the residents of hell fear this thing it means it scales above god tiers?
Ah, so taking explicit statements ignoring context leads to absurdities. That is my point. I am not unironically scaling fodders to god tiers.
Likewise, we know that Hell Vanguards don't literally manage all dead souls, only some of them (for example, the souls of sinners are managed by different demons).

It is exactly the same argument. Demons being born in the demon world doesn't debunk anything since now the demon world has chaos within it.

Chaos predates everything. Darkness came into existence. Now Darkness contains the chaos.

If you fail to understand something as simple as that then it isn't my problem.

What is even this question? What humans are going to go around looking for stones when their reality is being rent asunder time and time again and countless of their kin are dying?
Can you prove that this chaos is the same as "Primordial Chaos" or the "original chaos"?
We know from the boundary stone scan that the power of the "original chaos" is distinct.

Let's go with your headcanon, where the statement would be:
Until the first light split the world in half, such stones were nowhere to be found [by humans].
So literally no human, including those who worship demons, ever encountered them when they are, in your estimate, in perfect conditions to be common.

They don't need to look for stones, they just need to encounter them to find them. Your scenario is implausible.

Which is? All I'm seeing is that one poc statement and that it
As a side effect to the separation of the Demon World and Human World, the light split the world in half.

Yea what if I told you that both are used in the series?besides it doesn't matter honestly given how much they got used in the series
You will have to reconcile with how a supposedly finite construct split an infinite construct in half.

If it being the exact image of the human world and stated to it's reflection doesn't give an indicative size then I don't know what will
You are adding qualifiers that doesn't exist in the scan. 'Mirror that reflects this world' doesn't give us much to work with without high-end speculations.

Yeeaaa that's not how it works nor it is accepted like this in the wiki but I will want hear your elaboration on why is still is a single space-time
It can be an instance of time manipulation within a single space-time.

Did you read the scan or read the whole explanation because it seems you missed a very important aspect of it which is that the scan I posted ISN'T referring to the demon realm and the human realm as it's contextually and narratively makes no sense
Are there any other realms you are arguing he is expected to conquer in order to complete his conquest of the universe?

Until the “FIRST LIGHT,” split “THE WORLD,” in half…full of power from the “ORIGINAL CHAOS.” I’m sorry, I feel like the statement itself is self-explanatory. It’s referencing the Original Chaos—The Primordial World. Which means that the split, must mean something to do with the birth and/or separation of the Universe from the Demonic Realm, as well as the light being a reference to the DMC3 Manga, which refers to the Human World ITSELF as the Light.
Do you need to hacksaw statements? The boundary stones are what have the power of the original chaos; they are not the one being split.
Until the first light split the world in half, such stones were nowhere to be found. They are full of the power of the original chaos, but now they are becoming increasingly rare.

“The FIRST LIGHT that split the World in Half.”

Uh…what? Unless you assume the Light is Pluto himself because he has the one light beam attack, there is DEFINITELY a contradiction here.
No, I assume that the light = human world, as I made it clear in my OP's disclaimers and throughout my OP.

Feel free to explain the contradiction instead of alluding to it.

1- Demon World and Human World are split by Pluto/Sparda.
2- As a side-effect of the separation, the light managed to grow large enough to accomplish the feat of splitting the world in half.

#1 alone is not capable of causing the Human World to split a supposedly infinite darkness in half.

There IS an irreconcilable inconsistency, though. You have 5-7 statements saying the Demon World is infinite in size, and ONE saying the world half. Clearly, the ONE is the outlier, not the 5-7.
Whether these statements means true infinite depends on the context:

That single scan provides immense context. Just like that one 9D scan provides immense context.

As a side effect to the separation of the Demon World and Human World, the light split the world in half.
No, Pluto did.

You will have to reconcile with how a supposedly finite construct split an infinite construct in half.
Same way 3D beings have 4D power and cause 4D damage.

You are adding qualifiers that doesn't exist in the scan. 'Mirror that reflects this world' doesn't give us much to work with without high-end speculations.
IDK chief, seems concrete to me as can be, sounds like you're just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.

Burden of proof is on you to show that it's an instance of time manip within a single space-time, because all the current scans of evidence proving HW and DW to be separate space-time continuums explicitly claim otherwise.

Are there any other realms you are arguing he is expected to conquer in order to complete his conquest of the universe?
The universe is in explicit reference to the Human World, brother. Common sense should dictate this.

Ok i was reading through the thread and when i saw the whole Hell Vanguard > Mundus and Argosax shit i felt some brain matter going down my ear.
Obviously disagree with the OP, although i'll comment about it's arguments alongside the other supporters tomorrow

You might want to read my arguments in that thread buddy, because that's not the conclusion that took place there.

If it's in reference to explaining a size of an object, it's concrete infinite.
Can I use those two conclusions?

No, countless = 2-B. Endless can very well mean 2-A if the context is there for it. Endless is more solid than Countless as a whole.
It says "endless"/"limitless"/"infinite" with regards to universe size or universe number count in big words? Cool, High 3-A universe or 2-A multiverse, unless contradictions pop up. End of story. What's there to clarify here anymore?

In which case, it would not be concrete infinite due to contradiction with new PoC context.

No, countless = 2-B. Endless can very well mean 2-A if the context is there for it. Endless is more solid than Countless as a whole.
It says "endless"/"limitless"/"infinite" with regards to universe size or universe number count in big words? Cool, High 3-A universe or 2-A multiverse, unless contradictions pop up. End of story. What's there to clarify here anymore?

In which case, it would not be concrete infinite due to contradiction with new PoC context.
You're still using that poc scan against a bunch of supporting scans

No chief, that PoC context does nothing against the "endless darkness" statement, period.

You're using that PoC scan like it means something. It doesn't, especially if you read the manga. That Chaos Stone scan is explicitly referring to the chain of events as a whole that led to the HW and DW being made, and you're ignoring that specific bit of storytelling for reasons that may forever be unknown to me.

No chief, that PoC context does nothing against the "endless darkness" statement, period.

You're using that PoC scan like it means something. It doesn't, especially if you read the manga. That Chaos Stone scan is explicitly referring to the chain of events as a whole that led to the HW and DW being made, and you're ignoring that specific bit of storytelling for reasons that may forever be unknown to me.
Wouldn't this interpretation mean that the appearance of a thin ray/line of light managed to split literally infinite darkness that engulfs it in half?
If so then this would be impossible, and therefore contradictory.

I am not ignoring the chain of events, but asking for the lore of the light splitting the world in half to be acknowledged, and not to ignore what the scan says on the basis that it is wrong as others argued.

Wouldn't this interpretation mean that a thin ray/line of light managed to split literally infinite darkness that engulfs it in half?

I am not ignoring the chain of events, but asking for the lore of the light splitting the world in half to be acknowledged, and not to ignore what the scan says on the basis that it is wrong as others argued.
Okay let's acknowledge it.

What do we get?? 1C AP for Human World for splitting a 1C realm in half. I don't know if it's enough for making a profile tho.

Happy?

Wouldn't this interpretation mean that the appearance of a thin ray/line of light managed to split literally infinite darkness that engulfs it in half?
What? Where the hell did you get that notion?

Simple, that "light splitting the world" is just an oversimplification of the real chain of events to not slog out the Stone description so that it can get straight down to the point about what it really wants to describe: THE STONES. Can't believe you'd seriously overcomplicate something as simple as this.

Okay let's acknowledge it.

What do we get?? 1C AP for Human World for splitting a 1C realm in half. I don't know if it's enough for making a profile tho.

Happy?
It would be fine if we had conclusive evidence that the Human World is infinite.
Without it, then this is heavily inflating the rating based on speculation.

Firstly you just referring to the same poc scan as I said I want to see other scans that mention the same thing secondly the light is the human world

Yea because you are so catching on that one contradicting statement over many other sources that say otherwise in the franchise then it won't be too hard

You literally said it yourself "mirror that reflects this world" so it's basically a reflection of said world which is the human world

Then provie it. Give me scans and evidence that it's a time manipulation on that scsle since all what are you using is speculation and assumption

And what do you think so? the scan itself explains it as you're telling me it's both the demon realm and the human realm without breaking it down and explaining why it's the case as I have explained why it's only referring to the human world but your counter argument was only saying it's both the human world and the demon world and that's it but I will explain it one last time and I want an actual counter argument

The scan explains how mundus raised into power and have ruled the underworld but it states that sparda had to stop mundus from conquering the universe and here the thing sparda after awakening to justice no longer care what happens to the demon realm or how they get ruled so if the scan actually refers to both realms that then should have named it "stopping the the dark emperor from attempting to conquer the human world" because in your logic that means that sparda cares about the other half the demon world which doesn't make sense narratively because he abandoned them and doesn't give a single damb about them and they could also have said "half of the universe" because mundus was already ruling over the demon realm when that statement was made so contextually,narratively and grammatically that argument of yours doesn't make sense

Last edited:
It would be fine if we had conclusive evidence that the Human World is infinite.
Without it, then this is heavily inflating the rating based on speculation.
Sure, let's just ignore all the 3D characters with higher-D power ******* up higher-D realms in fiction then. That's literally a majority of Tier 2 feats ever where the characters themselves aren't 4-D but have 4-D timeline-busting power. Doesn't even need to be limited to Tier 2 honestly, this goes for Tier 1 as well.

What? Where the hell did you get that notion?
"HW and DW being made". Description is most compatible when both of them has been made, or the appearance of the Human World merged within the Demon World, which has been described as a ray of light against endless darkness.

A thin line of light being engulfed in infinite darkness isn't compatible with the PoC description.

Simple, that "light splitting the world" is just an oversimplification of the real chain of events to not slog out the Stone description so that it can get straight down to the facts. Can't believe you'd seriously overcomplicate something as simple as this.
"Light splitting the world" is plausible oversimplification that doesn't provide new information.

"Light had split the world in half" is a description of something new, and incompatible with current Tier 1 justification.

"HW and DW being made". Description is most compatible when both of them has been made, or the appearance of the Human World merged within the Demon World, which has been described as a ray of light against endless darkness.

A thin line of light being engulfed in infinite darkness isn't compatible with the PoC description.
Way to literally ignore everything I just said, but you do you.

"Light splitting the world" is plausible oversimplification that doesn't provide new information.

"Light had split the world in half" is a description of something new, and incompatible with current Tier 1 justification.
Only when you ignore the real context behind the feat and can't realize that this is an overtly short summary of the full story, yes. But then of course, there's Pluto.

What does size have to do with AP?

Do we not have average human sized characters who have AP far beyond their size?

If you want to cause massive site standard revision to use size as a limiter to AP, be my guest.
The Human World isn't a sentient entity swinging around and launching ranged attacks. Hence we should expect it to do so via. size.

If we have different explanations, shouldn't we take the simpler ones? Not to mention that the standards of Tier 1 are supposed to be strict, with little room for speculation.

The Human World isn't a sentient entity swinging around and launching ranged attacks. Hence we should expect it to do so via. size.
You forgot one crucial element, the Human World's inhabitants.

If we have different explanations, shouldn't we take the simpler ones?
This isn't how any of this works. Context is always king here. How simple or different the explanations are don't amount to jackshit without context.

But given that you'd ignore all of it anyway, I can understand why you would ask such an asinine question in this thread.

Not to mention that the standards of Tier 1 are supposed to be strict, with little room for speculation.
There's no speculation to be had here because everything we need is in the source material itself. You're just nitpicking and cherrypicking just for the hell of it.

Only when you ignore the real context behind the feat and can't realize that this is an overtly short summary of the full story, yes. But then of course, there's Pluto.
So the reference in the PoC statement is short.
Are you suggesting that we should expect it to be vague, or that we should expect it to contain errors?
A similar statement could've been made without the 'in half' part, so it isn't a matter of being vague.

Yes Pluto caused the separation, but that alone isn't enough to cause the Human World to split the world in half.

Oh?
Then why do you keep harping on Light splitting Darkness in half? It clearly did perform a feat, sentient or not, as per your arguements. Then it should be Tiered.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too, you say HW split DW in half and simultaneously say this shouldn't be possible and shouldn't be Tiered. That's glaring contradiction in your intent. Which at this point is just coming off as disingenuous.

And we do give non sentient object tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back