• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Downgrade's Awakening (Yes, from Tier 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it's the only way.
a single 9-D statement and the mention of a "higher dimension" are not proof in any way shape or form to qualify for tier 1
If we have knowledge that the dimensions in the setting are generally large and extend throughout an entire cosmological structure then yeah, it is.

"He destroyed a 29-dimensional pocket world" in the sense of spatiotemporal axes is a 1-B statement, as is.

I'm going to be blunt, you're taking that PoC scan to mean something it doesn't mean, and you've gone completely off-course.
This will clarify a potential alternative interpretation argued by Gilver and you, and is beneficial to clarify the site's standards going forward. This is not a request for long-term participation, but a brief clarification. So you categorically refuse to tag?

And you've not answered the man's main questions.
There are no question marks in his paragraphs, but an argument and then a counter argument by me. Though if I missed them I would appreciate listing them and I will answer to the best of my ability.

It's a figure of speech in essence that it's a super-shortened version of the real deal.
Nah, out of the question. Those statements are literal as can be because they're explicitly referring to the DW's size.
It would be a super inaccurate figure of speech at best. Wouldn't it be better and shorter from your perspective if it didn't mention "in half"?
There is nothing 'split in half' about an infinitesimal object against an infinite environment, in either the light's creation or Pluto's separation.

Endless statements always explicitly refer to the size of something, but they are often figures of speech to mean uncountably large. So It wouldn't follow that they are automatically literal due to referring to size; as you said we can take them literally as long as there is no contradiction, but it seems a big apparent contradiction is no big deal.

So going over this thread, a lot of it amounts to speculation and Headcanon.
The Tier 1 position also has speculation which I highlighted. Which means that it is unwaranted.

The Original Chaos/World is not the Primordial Chaos/World, according to you, despite the fact they describe the same thing and the Original World is what came before the split, which is why Arius said that the HW merging with the DW is “reverting it to the original state, everything that once belonged to the Demons will be so again!”
Nope, original chaos = primordial chaos, to me.

I am asking for evidence that the non-original chaos in the Demon World is equivalent.

The Demon World merging with the Human World is indeed a previous state.
Thanks to PoC lore, we know that there is an even prior state called Primordial Chaos which created the Demon World which pre-existing demons don't form without.

The first light isn’t referring to the birth of the universe, according to you, but the “light” of the Original Chaos IS the universe, thus the “FIRST LIGHT,” must mean that it is the START of it.
The first light is the Human World; it was all a world of darkness prior after all.
Was the original chaos ever described as a light? If so, then enlighten us with evidence.

We know the birth of the Demon World and Human World. The Human World is no position to split the world in half due to being infentisimal.

This is also contradicted by other things in your thread, like saying the HW split the DW in half, but didn’t get separated. That would mean, then, it’s referring to the birth of the Universe. Yet you say no.
The birth of the universe didn't involve splitting in half if it is a literal infinite darkness. If the other half is overtaken then no additional separations are required.

You say you’re accounting for Pluto, but ignoring how it never refers to Pluto when referencing the split. And this IS the splitting of the Human World from the Demon World, as it literally clarified these Stones (which only formed from the split of the Worlds), have the power of the Original Chaos.
I was not the first to bring up Pluto regarding boundary stones; just clarifying that there is no conflict with Pluto's story and the statement.

You say the 5-7 statements are outlier, and the one statement is what we should be listening to, but that’s not how outliers work. Outliers are data that are unnatural/inconsistent with the data set. The “half,” IS what is inconsistent, not the 5-7 Statements. To say otherwise is a faulty interpretation. Headcanon,
By your definition the 9D statement is an outlier. They need to have a component of irreconcilability by the wiki's definition (so true outliers are rare).

We need to make effort to reconcile.
So we either consider multiple common figure of speech statements which will yield 1-C if taken literally as figure or speech, or we consider a unique statement figure of speech to avoid a 2-C rating.
The burden of proof is heavily in favor of what would yield 2-C instead of 1-C.

You say that we have no definitive proof that the Souls end in the DW, but we have several scans, from the Sins, to the Vanguard, to even other entries that re-contexualized by the Vanguard and Sins statements, like Malphas, Sargasso, etc. That instead the Souls end up in the Primordial Chaos. But the Primordial Chaos doesn’t exist. It’s the Worlds conjoined. Thus, Souls would go nowhere. Secondly, the DMC3 Manga says the Primordial Chaos (The Darkness) became the home of Demons, so that doesn’t make sense anyway. And lastly, to assume they go anywhere after their automatic travel to the Demon Realm is Headcanon. There’s no substantial evidence to say they go anywhere after the Demon Realm, because Souls have, since DMC3, historically gone to the Demon Realm after death. Supposedly, you’ve accounted for that.
I said proof for ALL human souls; much more people probably die daily to things unrelated to demons in the DMC world.

1- Demons are spawned by the Primordial Chaos that precedes reality and the creation of the Demon World
2- Demons are formed in the Demon World

So before the world was not conjoined, there were no demons that got formed?

Primordial chaos is introduced in PoC. It is distinct from regular chaos due to the boundary stone statement of 'power of original chaos'.
The manga just says that the Demon World is a crucible of chaos, and we have to speculate on whether this is equivalent to the power of the original/primordial chaos.

We know that the souls of demons, sinners, and those killed by specific demons go to the Demon World for sure after death.
The vast majority of humans who don't die due to demons are a ambiguous, but per PoC the souls go to the higher dimensional realm that originates them, in other words Primordial Chaos (which turns out still exists).

Except all of your arguments rely on ignoring evidence, calling the majority evidence outliers compared to an actual outlier, regarding the statements on Soul travel to the Underworld as invalid, and making you extraneous explanations to things we already have the answer to with empirical evidence by using a data set that only indirectly contradicts established lore, and then saying that all the ways this doesn’t make sense is us trying to not reconcile the data, when in reality it’s called looking at evidence and picking the consistent option that needs less assumptions.
Tier 1 from Tier 2-C should require a very high standard of evidence, when the justification of Tier 1 DMC requires generous assumptions and speculations.

To summarize this shit.

* OP whole ass argument relies on one single scan that contradicts a dozen others.

* OP doesn't understand the verse he is trying to downgrade

* OP Is ignoring a half a dozen scans because they don't suit his narrative

Also I know that votes don't work like this in this kind of threads but the people that bothered to come here and disagree with this travesty of a thread surpassed those that agreed prior to any argument

There is also a 5D contamelias and 26D naljians.
842638488146673694.webp

Gurren lagann has an abundance of proof, even using things such as the string theory, and tons of proof that they're actually talking about spatial dimensions.
so i fail to see how this has anything to do with DMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back