• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

BRUH he was given MOVES from that game only, not scaling. Developers said the moves were made to be loyal to the comics. They are literal just visual representations of what he already canonically has.

He was given in game abilities from that game from the amulets he has. The comics mostly say those amulets protect him from demons, but the gameplay side adds in passive buffs and whatnot. If these buffs were actually a part of the comics then I’ll concede on that point, but if they aren’t then I don’t see the point in using them if it’s not canon to the comics.

pretty sure they are in the comics. And note db has allowed hax/biological stuff from nan canon to be part of a comp. Broly for example was given space breathing from dbz films for dbs

I still have a problem with them compositing Broly, they should’ve strictly used only DBS Broly.

I understand using Kale but using DBZ Broly indeed was a bad idea, they even gave him the Regeneration from surviving his own energy exploding his body, while DBS Broly has like scars on his body ? Mid-Low would take care of that

I understand using Kale but using DBZ Broly indeed was a bad idea, they even gave him the Regeneration from surviving his own energy exploding his body, while DBS Broly has like scars on his body ? Mid-Low would take care of that
Wait so not only they gave him a very effective feat from a non-canon material and we don't even know how long it took him to do it and it was preformed once but they have problems with dmc high regeneration despite being several feats in the series to back it up?

Yea no that's a yucks from me.

They mentioned the vergil regeneration from DMC 1 but claimed it's not combat applicable, which is not wrong since that was vergil in base so... yeah.

That's not durability if his body wasn't intact from the explosion, that's a regeneration feat. If it was a durability feat his body would still be there.

Everyone is just talking about DMC stats, meanwhile all I wanna do is listen to the soundtrack and play the games again.

Dante always reminded me of the lead singer of Three Days Grace, and that's ******* awesome.

Also I got into Bleach and DMC around the same exact time and it always baffles me how similar the verses are, even in terms of how they've been upgraded and downgraded.

Yall remember back in the day when Matt had a firm hold of both verses and downgraded then both to hell? (3-A to High 6-A for DMC and 5-B to 6-A for Bleach.)

but hey, at least both verses overcame that bullshit obstacle.

Also I got into Bleach and DMC around the same exact time and it always baffles me how similar the verses are, even in terms of how they've been upgraded and downgraded.

Yall remember back in the day when Matt had a firm hold of both verses and downgraded then both to hell? (3-A to High 6-A for DMC and 5-B to 6-A for Bleach.)

Well, I can say it's in likely due to the better quality threads nowadays. Back then they weren't as well put together as they are now. Back then it just devolved into insults and poor arguments on both sides. Now, it's likely people actually care and you need actually arguments. Shows things can actually change no matter how many times it's been rejected, just need the right people to handle it.

Well, I can say it's in likely due to the better quality threads nowadays. Back then they weren't as well put together as they are now. Back then it just devolved into insults and poor arguments on both sides. Now, it's likely people actually care and you need actually arguments. Shows things can actually change no matter how many times it's been rejected, just need the right people to handle it.
Wholeheartedly agree. Time changes everyone.

Well, he's gone now, so that's prolly not even worth discussing at this point anymore.

The downside is now the verses are too strong for vs matches lel, when i saw DMC got a massive hax buffs i was like "oh wow, now i can't use them that much anymore" 😂

oh come it isnt that bad
-Ghost rider healing factor below deadpool

-Lobo scaling to sun amped supes who beat forger

-Akuma at country level and lightspeed, said to beat Raoh

-Geese at multi continental and FTL which are wank and unprovable in consistency, meanwhile Heihachi having proof and consistency in those is just mountain and sub rel

It is bad, save a few users who are ok, overall they just give reasons to get hate for their "research"

Even worse both get downgraded to low 6-B once by the same guy.

Anyway, the debunk blog is done. Just looking into a few minor corrections here and there.

They research matches Death Battle might do soon as episodes with their opinion or do some that might end up being official

Hellboy vs Nero was one where they "debunked" for DMC the cosmic level stuff, overall their reputation with what they give or explain is shitty

I love how the developers of peak of combat remembered the obscure concept of a demon's name being the foundation of it's power and existence in dmc. I don't even think 99% of dmc fans are aware of that bit of lore. It really shows that the devs know their shit and just how big of a fan of the series they are.

I love how the developers of peak of combat remembered the obscure concept of a demon's name being the foundation of it's power and existence in dmc. I don't even think 99% of dmc fans are aware of that bit of lore. It really shows that the devs know their shit and just how big of a fan of the series they are.
I dont think that they're the ones who put that in there, its probably capcom since it runs the whole story & lore aspects of PoC

DMC gets downgraded because **** Capcom

Fr though I've ranted about Capcom for years, I feel like DMC would be in better hands of a different company. Sony always sat right with me as a company that would do DMC proper justice, imagine a DMC game with the budget of God of War. That shit would be ******* awesome, and typically speaking Sony is more liberal with their copyrights.

Crapcom hasn’t been a thing for a while dude, they’ve fixed a lot of their mistakes in the 2010’s and then some.

Crapcom hasn’t been a thing for a while dude, they’ve fixed a lot of their mistakes in the 2010’s and then some.
Such as? I fondly remember every street fighter game they've released since 2012 being clunky and refusing to fix any of it, alongside their stubborn copyright rules.

@LordGinSama Resident evil going back to roots, Mega Man being brought back, DMC 5 bringing the series back, Monster Hunter being better than ever with World skyrocketing the series in popularity, and likely many others I’m missing off the top of my head

Back