• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

2lk2goyshmh71.png

So one of lesser demons in DMC 5 Lusachia has some abilities called "Heat Ray" which is shoot powerfull beam, is legit natural light? since it can't be destroyed or reflected.

"Heat Ray: Lusachia focuses energy on its hands, and once charged, shoots a powerful beam towards the player's current position (at the last moment of the charging phase). The beam cannot be destroyed or deflected, but it's easily avoided by jumping or moving away just at the last second before it's fired."

Thats the description.

So one of lesser demons in DMC 5 Lusachia has some abilities called "Heat Ray" which is shoot powerfull beam, is legit natural light? since it can't be destroyed or reflected.

"Heat Ray: Lusachia focuses energy on its hands, and once charged, shoots a powerful beam towards the player's current position (at the last moment of the charging phase). The beam cannot be destroyed or deflected, but it's easily avoided by jumping or moving away just at the last second before it's fired."

Thats the description.

Nah fam, won't work like that, needs to be a pure LIGHT beam to qualify.

OK so now that we have a guideline for Reference linking, we should prolly link all our DMC pages with the appropriate reference links.

Here's a guideline on how to do it.

But Sparda also use guns to right? At least 3124 artbook confirm about Dante swordmanship skill
While Sparda did use guns, he didn't use them to nearly the same amount of degree as Dante does based on what stories of Sparda exist in the franchise.

Sorry to bother you guys about this, but I was asked off site about this blog that tries to debunk Universe level Devil May Cry. However, I only have basic knowledge on the series so I don't know if these points were already addressed, if anyone can debunk this blog or whatever, could you post counter arguments.

It's some blog about Hellboy vs Nero, the Universe level debunk is all the way down before the verdict on who would win, after they go over power and weaknesses.

Sorry to bother you guys about this, but I was asked off site about this blog that tries to debunk Universe level Devil May Cry. However, I only have basic knowledge on the series so I don't know if these points were already addressed, if anyone can debunk this blog or whatever, could you post counter arguments.

It's some blog about Hellboy vs Nero, the Universe level debunk is all the way down before the verdict on who would win, after they go over power and weaknesses.

I knew this was incoming sooner or later. I got the message meself a few days ago.

Don't worry, me and the bois are working on a debunk blog. Granted I don't know much about it either but I know just about enough to call out the BS in that blog.

I knew this was incoming sooner or later. I got the message meself a few days ago.

Don't worry, me and the bois are working on a debunk blog. Granted I don't know much about it either but I know just about enough to call out the BS in that blog.
Ok cool. Can't wait to see it.

Yeah I've gotten numerous ******* messages regarding that blog offsite you wouldn't believe it, like I said, there's so many things wrong with the debunk that they've either cropped out images, flat out ignored specific statements or translations that they used that shoots their own arguments in the foot, or not pay any form of attention at all to their main debunk. So yeah, its a really really terrible argument, and some of the debunks has been dealt with back when 3-A DMC was being argued on the wiki.

I think I remember seeing this a couple of months ago and skimmed down to a part of it and instantly facepalmed when I saw a part that said the space dimension Mundus and Dante were fighting in is actually the demon world. That's so flat-out wrong that it's actually bizarre that debunk is taken seriously at all.

@Dienomite22 You'd be surprised how many people off-site of the wiki took that entire blog as WoG. Trust me, once we get the debunk out, you'll see just how bad it is.

I think I remember seeing this a couple of months ago and skimmed down to a part of it and instantly facepalmed when I saw a part that said the space dimension Mundus and Dante were fighting in is actually the demon world. That's so flat-out wrong that it's actually bizarre that debunk is taken seriously at all.
That part actually made me do a double take. I was like "wtf".

The translation they used in their blog flat out said The Demon Emperor's Space not only that but the game guides refer to the final battle by the same name.

What I found even more dumb is that the blog even bothered to do the whole "Name= power" to even remotely suggest that Mundus's name is why we gave him 3-A AP when that fact never even crossed our minds when the upgrade went through.

The translation they used in their blog flat out said The Demon Emperor's Space not only that but the game guides refer to the final battle by the same name.
Yeah, no mention of the term "DEMON WORLD". I fail to even see how the **** they came to the conclusion that the Demon Emperor's Space= Demon World.

Yea that blog was too bad but the worst of all of it is that when they themselves admitted that nero have huge speed advantage over hellboy and when they addressed about the spectral yamato stuff THEY SAID that hellboy could oneshot him before he could use it despite flat-out giving him the speed advantage

Last edited:
They did also composite Hellboy by giving him all the game stuff while not compositing Nero with SMT, so there's that.

G1 Blog isnt trustable majority of the time, especially with how they calc or give stats to characters, let alone nitpicking wank/lowball

Glad to know we got some boys here who know the truth about G1's horrendous writing.

Or others who use 2016-2017 era of debating, which is basically:

- lore cant give stats, you need feats for that, otherwise just hyperbole
-you cant have characters who didnt busted or destroyed something to a said tier, let alone scale others to that
-series has bad reputation in vs debating, therefore skeptical of it being "wanked" and lower your view on them

That blog LITERALLY uses AOE fallacy to debunk Universal Nightmare, since apparently he only making a crater in the boss fight > almost all of his Lore descriptions

They did also composite Hellboy by giving him all the game stuff while not compositing Nero with SMT, so there's that.
tbf this is a misunderstading. G1 composites in the same manner db does. DB "composting" is basically other material can be used for scaling, but not if it creates major power contradictions. SMT would be a contradiction, so thus left out.

How exactly does Injustice NOT grant a major power contradiction for Hellboy since his supposed best feat is relativistic in canon while that game has MFTL+ characters out the ass? Like seriously just do strictly canon stuff and maybe add in the end “what if we composited this character and included all of these other scalings that doesn’t exist in their main canon, would it change the outcome”?

Back