• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Design Wars: Pokemon vs Digimon vs Bakugan vs SMT

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Time for the inevitable war to start. ovo

Which series has the best designs? Time to give your arguments!!

FIGHT FOR THE PRIDE OF YOUR FAVORITES!!!!

Holy Lord Lucemon
Let's pray that the wiki doesn't explode in flames from this war...

SMT sticks out like a sore thumb here lol.

I'm bias so I'm gonna say Pokémon. Both Digimon and Bakugan ends up being an ungodly spam of adding guns, armors and various stuff to animals. Not very interesting. Hell some Digimon aren't even monsters. Look at Lilithmon.

Pokémon seems to have more diversity, even if it ends up falling for the "Anthropomorphic animal" design too often. Not as often as the other two tho.

Idk SMT but I prefer MGQ.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I'm bias so I'm gonna say Pokémon. Both Digimon and Bakugan ends up being an ungodly spam of adding guns, armors and various stuff to animals. Not very interesting. Hell some Digimon aren't even monsters. Look at Lilithmon.
You're right. She's a Demon. Like literally based off of a demon.

Although to argue you point, Digimon itself has never set standards for trying to be natural. They are Digital Monsters that have evolved and gained these forms due to training. Also you may be thinking of Royal Knights and such. There are man natural animals with very simple designs. However, I also find that adding all this extra stuff is great. It makes them all look unique, and they all look amazing in my opinion. Sometimes I get sick of the pure natural feel. Unlike Pokemon who still takes place in a scientifically "natural" world. Digimon takes place in a world where everything is ramped up to 1000. I mean when you have multiversal beings threatening you three times a week, you need to start looking a little less natural.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Yeah but like. Succubi. Not even a monster with succubi characteristics. Just... succubi.
She's actually based off of Lilith/Asmodeus from Demonology.

She likely is somewhat inspired by Asmodeus, who is the Sin of Lust, even though her name and appearance are based on Lilith.

So here comes my bias.

I actually prefer Digimon Designs more.

I like the fact that Digimon are very outrageous looking. I like the overdesign like designs they have. Digimon actually has a ton of variety. Digimon has the type of design style that basically says "Anything can be a Digimon and look like a Digimon". Some are animals, some are warriors, some are just derpy af creature. Like we have humanoid or pure human looking Digimon. Then we have purely aquatic mons. Purely avian or purely reptilian. Digimon are very varied if you just scroll through random designs. We also have demonic and angelic Digimon as well.

Evolutions are what really make me love Digimon. The are not just stationary, they have a variety of forms they can become. They subvert your expectations. Like no one would expect a cat to become angel or a Giant Dinosaur to become a Dragon Warrior or Knight. The Digimon creators like to have fun with evolutions and show immense creativity with it. They have no limits.

Blugh.

In all seriousness, what I love about SMT is how it makes the Higher Dimensional busting badasses look like normal people you can see if you go to the certain places.

The Higher ups of Digimon can look like a Badass Gundam or a Divine Light of the creator

SMT has Higher dimensional characters look like You're friend in fencing class

And I like that, when these higher dimensional or incredibly powerful beings look and act, or simply are normal people you see in certain places, I have a bias towards that.

Not to say I don't like the others, Susanoomon and Crusadormon have Red and Gold in their color scheme which automatically gets points from me considering that's such an interesting color combination.

Bumping because idgaf if it's over a year old. Admins powers ftw ovo. Also fun and games threads can get bumped.

Schnee One said:
Blugh.

In all seriousness, what I love about SMT is how it makes the Higher Dimensional busting badasses look like normal people you can see if you go to the certain places.

The Higher ups of Digimon can look like a Badass Gundam or a Divine Light of the creator

SMT has Higher dimensional characters look like You're friend in fencing class

And I like that, when these higher dimensional or incredibly powerful beings look and act, or simply are normal people you see in certain places, I have a bias towards that.
Actually, that's something that turns me off to SMT designs. Or at least in an aspect such as this. The characters look like seasonal anime characters, and not even the ones that would stand out. And even the ones that aren't just humans. They're either too plain or too weird. Tbh, none of them look cute or cool. They just...exist.

The real cal howard said:
Bumping because idgaf if it's over a year old. Admins powers ftw ovo.
I'm going to report you for this blatant abuse of power.

Digimon has the best designs purely due to Angewomon.

Back