• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the question should be: Is there any instance where the franchise says observation isn't human only ability.

Because from everything i know in the entire franchise, observation always was human only ability, with even SMT4A giving deep lore on it and making clear to be human only thing.

Answering the question should solve this. And honestly, i find odd you just posted the feats without trying to connect them to observation for the less knowledgeable in the verse, including staff.
SMT II involved the Four Archangels constructing a false YHVH from Observation.

Inanna manipulates Mitra’s form in IVFINAL.

Every single deity in Persona manipulates Observation.

I’m not understanding why you’re choosing to remember some parts of the lore, and ignoring others. Ultima has already agreed upon it, and IVFINAL interviews & IVFINAL itself explicitly show some Demons are capable of manipulating their form.

I’m not understanding why you’re choosing to remember some parts of the lore, and ignoring others. Ultima has already agreed upon it, and IVFINAL interviews & IVFINAL itself explicitly show some Demons are capable of manipulating their form.
How exactly i'am ignoring if i blatant said my comment based on what i know and asked examples because i knew i could be wrong

In any case Appreciate the examples.

I just want your proposals to be clear for others, because i find ridiculous anyone suggesting ''this is X'' without any backing up, have in mind that i using myself to bait out information, not that i disagree or just trying to stonewall the thread.

This seems to make sense to me, but I am not the best person to ask.

Yes. Thank you to everyone who helped out here.

Hope it's fine to bring it up here, but I would also like to add Resistance to Precognition to Humans being able to fight Eligor, who can see the future and plan accordingly:

"One of the 72 demons of the Goetia.
He takes the appearance of a knight and has the power to see things to come. He also possesses great knowledge of many wars."
Shin Megami Tensei V lore
"One of the 72 demons of the Goetia. He appears as a knight holding a lance or pennon. The story goes that when Eligor is called upon in battle, he will see through the enemy plans and predict the moves that are to come."
Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 compendium

This probably isn't Precognition considering how in SMT Dx2, we get a lot of insight into how the precognition of another Goetia Demon - namely Astaroth - actually works.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Screenshot_2021.12.12_20.51.29.154.png

I see, wouldn't this be Clairvoyance then? Astaroth's works on looking both the past and the future, Eligor is looking into the future only.

Also the fact that is says he has the power to see things to come sounds blatantly like Precog. Just because how one Demon uses a power doesn't mean they work the same way for all of them.

Examples being Nebiros and Bifrons of the Goetia. Both can control souls but Nebiros is stated to the best soul controller of Hell. Then the case with Eligor and Astaroth can be a similar case. Astaroth seeing long reaching events and the past while Eligor looks into the movements of the enemy.

Last edited:
This probably isn't Precognition considering how in SMT Dx2, we get a lot of insight into how the precognition of another Goetia Demon - namely Astaroth - actually works.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Screenshot_2021.12.12_20.51.29.154.png
Still precog. Don't see how it applies to Eligor

Hope it's fine to bring it up here, but I would also like to add Resistance to Precognition to Humans being able to fight Eligor, who can see the future and plan accordingly:
No resistance here. Also sounds like time to downgrade the whole verse, no more acausality

So have the accepted revisions been applied here?

Again, his literal existence.
But on the Megami Tensei wiki page for Adam, it says he was created by YHVH. If this is the case, is there any scans claiming he transcended past the Tree of Life, YHVH's Universe, and the Monado Mondala?

But on the Megami Tensei wiki page for Adam, it says he was created by YHVH. If this is the case, is there any scans claiming he transcended past the Tree of Life, YHVH's Universe, and the Monado Mondala?
There is a distinct difference between "Adam" and "Adam Kadmon". Adam Kadmon is spawned from the Ein Sof, which we equate to the Great Reason.

IDK if this is relevant or not but it could possibly debunk the whole "personas can only be used in the metaverse" argument
first of all, if my memory doesnt fail me, i recall that it isnt said that they couldnt use their personas in the real world, but that they could only use it in the mementos. while it basically means "real world", it also means they cant use it anywhere else but the mementos.
people can argue the only reason joker could summon his persona in the velvet room when nearly killed is because the velvet room was absorbed into mementos by yaldabaoth taking it over. however, other than that, the velvet room has no connection to the metaverse at all from my knowledge. so after the velvet room is saved with the defeat of yaldabaoth, it has no connection to the metaverse, so therefore personas cant be used in the velvet room if we are to believe that personas are only restricted to the metaverse. however, if that is true, how is it that joker is somehow able to battle lavenza in the velvet room? if it is detached from the metaverse, wouldnt that mean they cant use their personas? maybe its game mechanics and idk if optional bosses are not considered for scaling (if so, i personally feel like this is an exception as it is heavily encouraged) but IDK i am still a newbie at all this so I hope this doesnt come off stupid.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was Persona 3 that clarified it is possible to summon a Persona in the real world, it just takes considerable effort on the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back