• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba Transparent World Resistance Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because tanjiro didnt access the transparent world again in the fight. He only used it against hantengu and akaza.
Wait, why are you talking about Transparent World here when this is about the Selfless State? Tanjiro was also actively trying to use Transparent World against Muzan.

Wait, why are you talking about Transparent World here when this is about the Selfless State? Tanjiro was also actively trying to use Transparent World against Muzan.
I never proposed the idea of Selfless State being passive. While he was trying, He never achieved it again. And i meant to say he didn't access TPW nor SS again.

I never proposed the idea of Selfless State being passive. While he was trying, He never achieved it again.
So, you think of it as something he simply achieved once? Also, is there a reason why Tanjiro wouldn't at least try to use it again considering that it is how he accesses Transparent World and apparently the zenith of physical combat?

Edit: Okay, so you are going with the idea that Tanjiro failed to use both Selfless State and Transparent World against Muzan.

Last edited:
I'm still not convinced and I'd say that the case is nowhere near as clear as CloverDragon03's example of squares and rectangles would make you believe. We have clear definitions for Square and Rectangles and in the case of the Selfless State we have no statement of it being separate from Transparent World and the only reason we even have an official term for it is Akaza who only had a faint feeling of it existing before fighting Tanjiro. The distinction between the conditions for acquiring the Selfless State and Transparent abilities is also rather fuzzy. The foreshadowing in Rengoku's doesn't help either. I still understand that there are reasons for thinking that they are separate and if nobody else has any issues, then I won't stop them from applying this.

It's about separating the Selfless State (Resistance to Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Extrasensory Perception) and Transparent World (Perception Amplification, Information Analysis, Enhanced Sight, Analytical Prediction, and Enhanced Precognition) and treating them as separate abilities.
Can you explain the circumstances in an easy to understand manner please?
So, I'm technically not supposed to evaluate Content Revision Threads as a Content Moderator? That sounds like something that I haven't heard before.
Well, you are obviously very welcome to help out with it if you want to eventually get promoted to administrator. The issue is just that we promoted you due to your cleanup work in our wiki, not due to your participation in content revision threads, so that is technically what you were originally assigned authority for handling.

The same goes for calc group members btw. They have authority over evaluating calculations, calc group forum threads, and official instruction pages related to calculations, not regular content revision threads. But their help is obviously very appreciated with that as well, if they want to earn additional staff positions.

Anyway, I have unlocked Tanjiro's VSB wiki page.

Can you explain the circumstances in an easy to understand manner please?

Well, you are obviously very welcome to help out with it if you want to eventually get promoted to administrator. The issue is just that we promoted you due to your cleanup work in our wiki, not due to your participation in content revision threads, so that is technically what you were originally assigned authority for handling.

The same goes for calc group members btw. They have authority over evaluating calculations, calc group forum threads, and official instruction pages related to calculations, not regular content revision threads. But their help is obviously very appreciated with that as well, if they want to earn additional staff positions.
It's about separating the Selfless State (Resistance to Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Extrasensory Perception) and Transparent World (Perception Amplification, Information Analysis, Enhanced Sight, Analytical Prediction, and Enhanced Precognition) and treating them as separate abilities.
This part of what I already said already describes the change well and the only thing that I can add is that only Tanjiro and Yoriichi's profiles would retain the Selfless State with the OP being applied. The evidence for this is mostly Tanjiro's visual changes and a lack of feats for the other Transparent World users. There are no direct statements for the abilities being separate.

Okay.

Last edited:
This part of what I already said already describes the change well and the only thing that I can add is that only Tanjiro and Yoriichi's profiles would retain the Selfless State with the OP being applied. The evidence for this is mostly Tanjiro's visual changes and a lack of feats for the other Transparent World users. There are no direct statements for the abilities being separate.
Okay.

@DemonGodMitchAubin @Armorchompy

What do you think about this?

i'd rather not get tagged for demon slayer stuff tbh i barely remember anything from it

I also do not think that the wiki page in question needs to be locked.

Anyway, what do you think that we should do here, @Nehz_XZX ?

I also do not think that the wiki page in question needs to be locked.

Anyway, what do you think that we should do here, @Nehz_XZX ?
I wasn't even really aware that it was locked, so I don't have much of an opinion regarding the matter. It doesn't seem like as if the Kimetsu no Yaiba pages experience much editing.

I meant what do you think that we should regarding the suggested revisions here.

I meant what do you think that we should regarding the suggested revisions here.
I think I've made clear how I view this. There isn't much beyond that in regards to what I think about this.

I still understand that there are reasons for thinking that they are separate and if nobody else has any issues, then I won't stop them from applying this.

Okay. That seems fine then.

So what, if anything, is left to do here?

No problem. I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back