• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer / Kimetsu no Yaiba Transparent World Resistance Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah rly? Then give me a reason why he is top 3-4 hashira if it is not from his talent?
Well, Muichiro also worked hard and had a lot of determination, so I wouldn't say that it is purely talent. There is also the fact that his training is so hard that most people would quit instead of continuing until they've reached the level of a Pillar.

Well, Muichiro also worked hard and had a lot of determination, so I wouldn't say that it is purely talent. There is also the fact that his training is so hard that most people would quit instead of continuing until they've reached the level of a Pillar.
wdym worked hard, he only trained for some months, and he directly mastered the sword. Only some months are not “work hard”.

Why are we talking about Muichiro's plot holes right now?
Because Dread apparently wanted to talk about it.

wdym worked hard, he only trained for some months, and he directly mastered the sword. Only some months are not “work hard”.
That just means that he didn't need to work as long as others, he still needed to put in the work for that time and by that definition of work hard you may as well say that Gyomei didn't work hard because he only needed two months to become a Pillar like Muichiro did. Muichiro himself stated in the manga that he worked so hard that he had to cough up blood and all of that was fueled by the sheer rage he had because of his past.

Because Dread apparently wanted to talk about it.

That just means that he didn't need to work as long as others, he still needed to put in the work for that time and by that definition of work hard you may as well say that Gyomei didn't work hard because he only needed two months to become a Pillar like Muichiro did. Muichiro himself stated in the manga that he worked so hard that he had to cough up blood and all of that was fueled by the sheer rage he had because of his past.
Again, many hashiras needed years of experience to get to his level and he and gyomei did that in some months, yes gyomei case is the same despite him being blind which surprised everyone how strong he is physical. Mucihiro could be arguably the strongest Hashira if you give him some years of experience.
His unlocking of The Transparent World = comes from Talent, and his talent is only because he is a descendant of the family from Koko. Koko himself stated the reason why he is one of the strongest Mist users he ever met.

Maybe it is my assumption, but there is no other clarification.

Again, many hashiras needed years of experience to get to his level and he and gyomei did that in some months, yes gyomei case is the same despite him being blind which surprised everyone how strong he is physical. Mucihiro could be arguably the strongest Hashira if you give him some years of experience.
His unlocking of The Transparent World = comes from Talent, and his talent is only because he is a descendant of the family from Koko. Koko himself stated the reason why he is one of the strongest Mist users he ever met.

Maybe it is my assumption, but there is no other clarification.
I was really only arguing about them having in fact worked hard. The way Muichiro unlocked Transparent World is a different matter since we don't get any details regarding that but there are precedents for explosive growth in life and death situations, so I find it acceptable. Gyomei himself is the oldest of the Pillars and has worked as one for many years and his training regiment cannot be considered anything but hard work. Muichiro became a Pillar at 11, so he worked and trained for 3 more years after becoming one. Their talent made their progress faster but it didn't mean that they could slack off or that they are automatically less hard-working because of that.

Forgot Kokushibo also has this but doesn't have access to selfless state. Added him to the list but I don't have any before & after pictures for him but he also doesn't show any changes with TPW.

Forgot Kokushibo also has this but doesn't have access to selfless state. Added him to the list but I don't have any before & after pictures for him but he also doesn't show any changes with TPW.
I was already wondering a bit about that.

"Of course, these would only apply to Gyomei, Obanai, and Muichiro."

You haven't added Kokushibo in this part of the OP yet.

Sorry, I do plan on giving more input but I haven't really felt like it and also had other things to do. I'll see what I can say tomorrow.
Ya, sure, but I think your input is enough to evaluate this thread. Yk, there is absolutely no reason to stop a thread like this due to lack of no staff input.

Okay, let me summarize how I currently view this matter:

There are no direct statements of the Selfless State and Transparent World being separate and the way they are acquired tends to overlap a lot if they are in fact separate since even Tanjuro through whom we get a proper introduction of the ability in a flashback talks about the Selfless State as if it is the condition for attaining Transparent World. Gyomei focused like Tanjiro did, Muichiro's method is unknown due to a lack of details from his perspective and Obanai just used Transparent World for a moment after Gyomei referenced how he unlocked Transparent World himself.

There is no reason to believe that it is outright impossible for people who aren't users of Sun Breathing to unlock the Selfless State since the same was thought about Crimson Red Nichirin Blades and was proven wrong. Rengoku was noted to be close to reaching this according to Akaza and his scene with an injured Tanjiro shortly before Akaza arrived seems to hint at Transparent World.

The visual indicators of Tanjiro attaining the Selfless State seem like a good point especially since the other Transparent World users mostly display the ability to see into someone's body and little else but that could be because there is no one else who is as specialized in detecting Battle Spirit as Akaza is. I'm not sure how the mark growing would have interacted with the different mark shapes the other users have and Tanjiro doesn't seem to be limited to not showing emotions after attaining the Selfless State if the scene of him calling out to Akaza is any indication though he goes back to looking mostly emotionless after that with Akaza remarking on it.

Akaza doesn't seem to have viewed Kokushibo as someone who has reached the Selfless State despite having fought him before and having known him for centuries since he only had a vague feeling of it existing and didn't compare Tanjiro to him though he also didn't compare Tanjiro's use of Transparent World which makes the situation rather unclear here to me.

Ya, sure, but I think your input is enough to evaluate this thread. Yk, there is absolutely no reason to stop a thread like this due to lack of no staff input.
I guess I can ping the other staff members listed as Supporters on the verse page. @DemonGodMitchAubin @CloverDragon03 @Armorchompy

Last edited:
Okay, let me summarize how I currently view this matter:

There are no direct statements of the Selfless State and Transparent World being separate and the way they are acquired tends to overlap a lot if they are in fact separate since even Tanjuro through whom we get a proper introduction of the ability in a flashback talks about the Selfless State as if it is the condition for attaining Transparent World. Gyomei focused like Tanjiro did, Muichiro's method is unknown due to a lack of details from his perspective and Obanai just used Transparent World for a moment after Gyomei referenced how he unlocked Transparent World himself.

There is no reason to believe that it is outright impossible for people who aren't users of Sun Breathing to unlock the Selfless State since the same was though about Crimson Red Nichirin Blades and was proven wrong. Rengoku was noted to be close to reaching this according to Akaza and his scene with an injured Tanjiro shortly before Akaza arrived seems to hint at Transparent World.

The visual indicators of Tanjiro attaining the Selfless State seem like a good point especially since the other Transparent World users mostly display the ability to see into someone's body and little else but that could be because there is no one else who is as specialized in detecting Battle Spirit as Akaza is. I'm not sure how the mark growing would have interacted with the different mark shapes the other users have and Tanjiro doesn't seem to be limited to not showing emotions after attaining the Selfless State if the scene of him calling out to Akaza is any indication though he goes back to looking mostly emotionless after that with Akaza remarking on it.

Akaza doesn't seem to have viewed Kokushibo as someone who has reached the Selfless State despite having fought him before and having known him for centuries since he only had a vague feeling of it existing and didn't compare Tanjiro to him though he also didn't compare Tanjiro's use of Transparent World which makes the situation rather unclear here to me.

I guess I can ping the other staff members listed as Supporters on the verse page. @DemonGodMitchAubin @CloverDragon03 @Armorchompy
I will respond to this because they are some errors here.

The visual indicators of Tanjiro attaining the Selfless State seem like a good point especially since the other Transparent World users mostly display the ability to see into someone's body and little else but that could be because there is no one else who is as specialized in detecting Battle Spirit as Akaza is.
Why would Tanjiro achieve Selfless State BECAUSE of Akaza? that makes no sense. His appearance changes because that's how the selfless state works.
Or why would his appearance change because of Akaza?

Yeah, this makes sense. Selfless State and Transparent World are like the square and rectangle thing. Much like how every square is a rectangle but not every rectangle is a square, every Selfless State user has also been a Transparent World user but not every Transparent World user is a Selfless State user.

The comparisons to Tanjiro's physical changes vs. those of other Transparent World users also helps, so I agree.

Why would Tanjiro achieve Selfless State BECAUSE of Akaza? that makes no sense. His appearance changes because that's how the selfless state works.
Or why would his appearance change because of Akaza?
I'm not using Akaza as a cause for it being achieved though I guess the battle can be considered like that but that isn't the point. Akaza's abilities just make him ideal for displaying the properties of the Selfless State which means that the other characters didn't exactly have conditions that were as good as Tanjiro's for displaying properties of the Selfless State though admittedly Tanjuro and Yoriichi didn't need someone like Akaza to display that ability in the manga.

Yeah, this makes sense. Selfless State and Transparent World are like the square and rectangle thing. Much like how every square is a rectangle but not every rectangle is a square, every Selfless State user has also been a Transparent World user but not every Transparent World user is a Selfless State user.

The comparisons to Tanjiro's physical changes vs. those of other Transparent World users also helps, so I agree.
Okay. I guess this can be applied now.

I'm not using Akaza as a cause for it being achieved though I guess the battle can be considered like that but that isn't the point. Akaza's abilities just make him ideal for displaying the properties of the Selfless State which means that the other characters didn't exactly have conditions that were as good as Tanjiro's for displaying properties of the Selfless State though admittedly Tanjuro and Yoriichi didn't need someone like Akaza to display that ability in the manga.
Here's the thing. Muzan also can sense battle spirit. He sensed Yoriichi had none.

Here's the thing. Muzan also can sense battle spirit. He sensed Yoriichi had none.
I did mention Yoriichi as an example alongside Tanjuro in the comment you've quoted, so mentioning it like that is pretty redundant. You might want to read what I wrote more carefully.

I did mention Yoriichi as an example alongside Tanjuro in the comment you've quoted, so mentioning it like that is pretty redundant. You might want to read what I wrote more carefully.
It comes out to the point how Muzan also senses people. He shouldve pointed out that gyomei/obanai didnt have a battle spirit but he didnt.

I was asked to close this thread, and to unlock Tanjiro's page for editing. Is that fine?

But even then, isnt it 10 to 1?
Agree: 10/1:9 (@SaberPhantasy9, @Dread, @VladTheImmortal, @Naitodesu, @Kin201, @SuperStar, @Ruenas, @wwereymy235, @Milly_Rocking_Bandit- person who made the profiles lol, @CloverDragon03 )

Can somebody state what exactly that is suggested here please? Getting technical about it, administrators and thread moderators are the ones who are supposed to have the authority to evaluate content revision threads.

Can somebody state what exactly that is suggested here please? Getting technical about it, administrators and thread moderators are the ones who are supposed to have the authority to evaluate content revision threads.
TL;DR 4 demon slayer characters have wrong resistances and they'd been removed due to a Verse supporter and the person who made the profiles agreeing and there hasnt been a single disagreement so far

Yoriichi and Tanjiro's resistances need to be swapped from

With Transparent World
to
With Selfless State

It comes out to the point how Muzan also senses people. He shouldve pointed out that gyomei/obanai didnt have a battle spirit but he didnt.
Technically Muzan didn't point out something like that in Tanjiro's case either.

I'm still not convinced and I'd say that the case is nowhere near as clear as CloverDragon03's example of squares and rectangles would make you believe. We have clear definitions for Square and Rectangles and in the case of the Selfless State we have no statement of it being separate from Transparent World and the only reason we even have an official term for it is Akaza who only had a faint feeling of it existing before fighting Tanjiro. The distinction between the conditions for acquiring the Selfless State and Transparent abilities is also rather fuzzy. The foreshadowing in Rengoku's case doesn't help either. I still understand that there are reasons for thinking that they are separate and if nobody else has any issues, then I won't stop them from applying this.

It's about separating the Selfless State (Resistance to Enhanced Senses, Precognition, Extrasensory Perception) and Transparent World (Perception Amplification, Information Analysis, Enhanced Sight, Analytical Prediction, and Enhanced Precognition) and treating them as separate abilities. So, I'm technically not supposed to evaluate Content Revision Threads as a Content Moderator? That sounds like something that I haven't heard before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back