• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Season 6! (CLOSED) Continue below:

Oh. You're thinking of Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint, then.

In which case I have no idea, because I stopped consistently reading DC a long time ago and have since forgotten where a lot of the feats come from.

This is totally off topic from the current discussion, but I think it's interesting how the Kame House appeared in this battle as well. We actually have a Death Battle that for a fact takes place in the same timeline as another Death Battle. (Yes, we did get Scorpion vs Batman taking place after Bane vs Venom, but that's a DBX)

It is kind of ironic to see Rooster Teeth / Screwattack as an American organization do their research worst on American comics and slightly better in anime or cartoon or video game or book or movie.

They have much less time for research on each matchup for sure and they sort of refuse to use existing vs website findings for the sake of reducing questionable findings as they claim, but their own findings from time to time seem to be more questionable than those from the "unreliable" vs websites.

To be fair

I can't even be bothered to research so much as a list of comic storylines to read so I can't blame inadequacy

Google "Respect" + "Character Name" + "Character Version". Most of the feat collections are already out there; heck I made the Aquaman changes without even ever reading a comicbook from DC.

So yeah, like I said in my spoiler brackets earlier, I think they severely undersold Namor in terms of speed and strength. Their argument for Aquaman made sense to me, same with the strength calc based on the context. However, their calc for Utopia and the force to hold it up seemed way off to me and saying he can only keep up with Human Torch is criminal. I'll definitely be posting the questions and answers from the next DB Cast

Sorvoe551 said:
So yeah, like I said in my spoiler brackets earlier, I think they severely undersold Namor in terms of speed and strength. Their argument for Aquaman made sense to me, same with the strength calc based on the context. However, their calc for Utopia and the force to hold it up seemed way off to me and saying he can only keep up with Human Torch is criminal. I'll definitely be posting the questions and answers from the next DB Cast
You better have thrown in questions to SA/RTDB crew earlier. Likely they have discussed something about Aquaman vs Namor already.

And let me have my bet they say Phoenix Force Namor may have a closer match with Aquaman or even win him but this is not his standard form.

Their arrangement with their Death Battle Cast gives so little time for even First Members to ask questions for the episode released, then we are busy for the next episode already.

Sorry, question: can we talk about the upcoming match without spoiler brackets? (I can't make them work for some reason, apologies -_-; )

Honestly, gathering feats and measuring Comic Book characters seems like a nightmare, with all the contradictory information, clashing visions from different authors, and changing the context of past events. kinda like: Superman fights Evil Man and loses, but in a following story by another author Superman casually smacks around Evil Man and reveals he lost the first time he lost because he had a Super Cold, third time Evil Man wins again and turns out the Super Cold was a dream of parallel dimension and Evil Man was subconsciously holding back in their second encounter. Okay I exaggerate, but there is a lot of information and if you put something together you do deserve a lot of respect.

TartaChocholate said:
Sorry, question: can we talk about the upcoming match without spoiler brackets? (I can't make them work for some reason, apologies -_-; )
Honestly, gathering feats and measuring Comic Book characters seems like a nightmare, with all the contradictory information, clashing visions from different authors, and changing the context of past events. kinda like: Superman fights Evil Man and loses, but in a following story by another author Superman casually smacks around Evil Man and reveals he lost the first time he lost because he had a Super Cold, third time Evil Man wins again and turns out the Super Cold was a dream of parallel dimension and Evil Man was subconsciously holding back in their second encounter. Okay I exaggerate, but there is a lot of information and if you put something together you do deserve a lot of respect.
Well actually spoiler brackets are essential only for discussions happening within the period from the launch time of the Death Battle episode for Rooster Teeth FIRST Members till one hour after the launch time of the episode on Youtube. Say, this would mean discussion for 'Mega Man Battle Royale' and 'Next Time on Death Battle' would need spoiler brackets from ~1-2 pm Feb 25 2019 to 2-3pm Feb 27 2019.

If you have problems discussing it without a spoiler bracket within the FANDOM Community for that time period, you may still discuss it on Discord or other media.

Woah, easy dude. I was just asking if we were still during the period where we had to hide spoilers, to not give away what happened at the end of the last episode, nothing else. I just didn't want to carelessly mention stuff that should be still hidden or something like that.

TartaChocholate said:
Woah, easy dude. I was just asking if we were still during the period where we had to hide spoilers, to not give away what happened at the end of the last episode, nothing else. I just didn't want to carelessly mention stuff that should be still hidden or something like that.
Well then... until Feb 25 to Feb 27 2019, here is spoiler bracket free.

Ah one interesting question: how would Lan Hikari come into influence of MegaMan.EXE. It may as well affect the whole verdict of the Mega Man Battle Royale.

Did EXE manage to attain the Bug style and rewrite the Cyber World on his own or with Lan's help? Though I don't think they'll separate Exe from Lan, from what I get outside help is removed if it's uncommon for the character to have it to begin with, but given EXE and Lan fight together all the time it's unlikely this will be an exception.

TartaChocholate said:
Did EXE manage to attain the Bug style and rewrite the Cyber World on his own or with Lan's help? Though I don't think they'll separate Exe from Lan, from what I get outside help is removed if it's uncommon for the character to have it to begin with, but given EXE and Lan fight together all the time it's unlikely this will be an exception.
What do you think will be the reason for the Mega Mans to kill each other?

btw, do you speak spanish?

TartaChocholate said:
Super Sigma Virus? Mistake each other for Robot Masters/Mavericks/Viruses? Or perhaps a battle test that gets out of control.
Eh? Yeah, I speak spanish.
Yeah, that could work, i hope it´s not just a dumbass reason like Aquaman vs Namor.

Lo preguntaba por tu nombre de usuario, me parecio que hablabas espa├▒ol por eso.

To be fair, is not like they can build up proper conflict with the time limitations of a versus video (and it's hard to give convincing reason when pitting two heroic characters), most others just have the character jumping at each other without even talking to each other.

Ahora que me lo dices... sí, mi nombre de usuario lo hace bastante evidente >_>

TartaChocholate said:
To be fair, is not like they can build up proper conflict with the time limitations of a versus video (and it's hard to give convincing reason when pitting two heroic characters), most others just have the character jumping at each other without even talking to each other.
Ahora que me lo dices... sí, mi nombre de usuario lo hace bastante evidente >_>
Yeah, with villains is easy to do it, one just wants to kill the other because he/she/it´s evil, and that´s all you need.

But i wouldnt mind a good reason of why they are fighting, hell. there was a DB episode where the reason was lit?

Really? I can't recall? To be fair, the reasons to fight are rarely very convincing (Jack vs Afro, Ken vs Jojo, Raiden vs Wolverine just went at it) and when they try due to the lack of time for a buildup they feel pretty forced (Goku vs Supes, Optimus vs Amuro, Fox vs Bucky). So I don't really hold it against DB.

This is gonna be a little whinning from me but... I am a bit bummed mah boi X got into this. I was really hoping he could have a Death Battle he could win, being quite formidable on his own righ and with DB acknowledging gradually feats from his verse with each Mega Man DB. He had good chances against possible opponents in general, but he's completely overshadowed here by being the mid tier Megaman.

The only fight that I renember saying to myself "Oh, this makes sense that they're fighting to the death" is Sam Fisher vs Solid Snake.

So the next fight is a megaman battle royale (my dream to watch a james bond battle Royale will have to wait a "little" longer). The only thing that I will ask is that Volnutt doesn't recieve the same "respect" that Michelangelo recieved in the last Royale

Alright boys and girls, DB Cast is up. You know what that means.

1. Atlantis isn't bigger than Greenland because it's a "continent." Europe and Asia are continents because of culture, not size. So why did you assume that? While you have a point, if it was smaller than Greenland, it would be considered a micro-continent. Hence, the Greenland size being a minimum.

2. Why wasn't the "FIGHT" graphic in the beginning of the animation? It's being removed, as it interrupts the pacing of the fight.

3. Why didn't the gigantic undersea friends for Aquaman and Namor appear? Ultimately, it would have took the focus of the fight off of the two combatants and it would have eaten up too much time.

4. If Namor can resist Purple Man, why did Aquaman's telepathy give him the win? Aquaman's telepathy is much more powerful than PMs and Namor's, plus in the animation, it doesn't give him an aneurysm, only stuns him.

5. You gave Aquaman the win because of his recent movie, didn't you? No. He was chosen because the movie came out, though. (Personal note, yeah, I agree that Aquaman would eventually win since he is way faster, plus the telepathy thing makes sense to me as well)

6. How come Aquaman says "get 'em, boys" to the angler fish when only females have the lights on their heads? Due to writer incompetence, Aquaman misgendered a fish. Absolutely unforgivable.

Also, at the very end, they ran down the Mega Man list for the next fight. Just to confirm for those who don't know, we have:

Rock (Classic Mega Man)

X (Mega Man X)

Volnutt (Mega Man Legends)

MegaMan.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network)

Geo Stelar (Mega Man Star Force)

Best part was Ben said the main reason it was thought up was because of seeing Mega Man's Final Smash in SSB.

@Peter I was paraphrazing their answer and the specific reasoning was that Aquaman could control thousands of fish on the opposite side of the planet. Stuff like that determined whether Namor or Aquaman would win the battle of controlling fish

The higher the number of minds that you can control simultaneously is what measures potency.

Usually, the larger the range, the larger the potency.

However, this is not always the case.

It's been a thing on this site for a while. The more you can mindhax, the better you can mindhax.

A rifle has more range then a dessert eagle, does that mean it has more stopping power then a dessert eagle? Nope.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
A rifle has more range then a dessert eagle, does that mean it has more stopping power then a dessert eagle? Nope.
That's a pretty bad comparison, to be honest.

Range, of course, isn't what we're talking about. Someone who can shut off your mind from space probably isn't any better in terms of mindhax compared to someone who can do it a foot away.

However, when someone can mindhax every perso in a kilometer radius, they're clearly of a higher order than someone who can mindhax one person at a time.

Back