• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Season 6! (CLOSED) Continue below:

whoa what Gipsy vs eva 1?

Nah Clever.

Some of us have done this before.

And the SA crew make this for commemorating their airing of gen:LOCK.

And why is Punisher vs Roadblock not out for CDB yet when Carmen Sandiego vs Waldo on earth exists? And Punisher is on Netflix.

The G1 blog seems more inactive than expected. Cannot affect my daily life but still a bit worried.

So, spoiler free first:

-Amazing 2-D animation, flowed very smoothly. Only one part looked a little rough when they used pseudo-3D animation like early Killer Instinct sprites, but still looked cool

-Voice acting was great, especially Todd Haberkorn as Namor

-One of the most brutal endings to a fight on DB ever, I highly approve

-Research, per DB standards, was pretty good. Only one thing they mentioned made me question their findings

-Super excited for the next Death Battle, even though I think the winner is pretty obvious from the get go

Okay, spoiler time now, I fixed the code.

Seriously, I'm discussing specific research points. Don't read if you're waiting until Wednesday.

Spoilers
Okay, so they used Post-Crisis and Flashpoint Aquaman, so "he can keep up with Wonder Woman" was used to justify his speed. Meanwhile, Namor can keep up with...Human Torch, at 140mph normally and Hypersonic occasionally. Seems ridiculous to me.
Also, they used Aquaman stopping the "Dead King of Atlantis," or whatever his name was, from destroying Atlantis as his strength, with several trillion tons of TNT as the number. Seems reasonable, but for Namor, they used him holding up Utopia, and based on their measurements, it only was...1,425 tons of TNT. I'm not good at calculations on here, but that seems ridiculously low. They still factored in Hulk because Namor can beat him, but that was still only billions of tons because of the mountain feat.

Too late...

╠ÂN╠Âo╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âi╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠ÂD╠Âe╠Âa╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠ÂB╠Âa╠Ât╠Ât╠Âl╠Âe╠Â'╠Âs╠ ╠Âo╠Âp╠Âi╠Ân╠Âi╠Âo╠Ân╠Âs╠ ╠Âm╠Âa╠Ât╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âb╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Âs╠Ât╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠Â.╠Â.╠Â.╠Â

@Jason Yeah, ever since joining this site, I've become more willing to do and analyze research. Most of the time, I think their research makes sense from how much they put in, but I know that they don't have a community of thousands researching and revising when necessary. I still think Lucy would defeat Carnage eventually, but I can understand where you're coming from

Jasonsith said:
The Aquaman vs Namor G1 blog was there yeaterday. Feel sorry for then having their own day jobs.
Spoilers for Ep 104 and Ep 105
@ Sorvoe551 You remind me how I have been more active in VSBW since I saw Carnage lost to Lucy at Carnage VS Lucy.
So next time is a 5-way Mega Man (Classic) vs Mega Man X vs Mega Man (Star Force) vs MegaMan.EXE vs Mega Man Volnutt battle royale. A welcomed surprise and is surprisingly an easy one to do for RTDB crew so they can concentrate on the animation part.
Imagine When Incoming Mega man Fans are shitstorm comments.

well guess going speculation too.

Yeah Megaman.EXE curbstomps. The only hope for X and Star Force is to make sure EXE never comes out of the net. Make that just Star Force since DB considers the X Era's tier 4 feats outliers.

Anyway, as for some of my dream matches (Not even basing them on fairness, just how much I want to see them.),

Joseph Joestar vs Edward Elric

Oddjob vs Speedwago

Grey Goo vs The Prince (Katamari)

Gunvolt vs Actually anyone who dosn't stomp him or get stomped and is also fitting for the fight.

I really wanna see Omegamon vs Gogeta. Massive stomp in Omegamon's favor but two Toei fusions facing off would be amazing, and it would be DB's first fusion battle.

The real cal howard said:
I really wanna see Omegamon vs Gogeta. Massive stomp in Omegamon's favor but two Toei fusions facing off would be amazing, and it would be DB's first fusion battle.
Unless they factor in All Delete...I see 6-A Omegamon...

I'm a little dumbfounded.

They scaled Namor to:

• The Savage Hulk
  • Thor
  • Doctor Doom
  • Thanos
...And yet he was still considered weaker than Aquaman, not because of scaling on Aquaman's end, but because Aquaman lifted the city of Atlantis, which they scaled to continental size.

So now Aquaman is vastly stronger than the Savage Hulk and Thanos in their eyes, all because Aquaman lifted something that may or may not have been the size of a continent.

I can't even begin with this...

I mean, they opened the door to powerscaling in two of the most convoluted verses out there.

They could have justified either of them winning while using canonical and reliable scans.

Vs wiki: Js250476 said:
I find it kinda hilarious Aquamans profile is fixed at the exact same time his DB episode comes out
Vs Wiki: Don't use Death Battle statistics for profiles they are usually very inaccurate.

>Death Battle has a well resaerched episode.

>Vs Wiki (sweats nervously)

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, they opened the door to powerscaling in two of the most convoluted verses out there.
They could have justified either of them winning while using canonical and reliable scans.
Yeah, but let's be real. The way they currently like to treat scaling for comics doesn't make any sense. The last episode quite plainly established that Thanos could survive Star level damage, and Hulk's episode established that one of his lesser feats was pulling Earth's tectonic plates together with his bare hands. Them mentioning Namor scaling to both of them (which is questionable in and of itself) would logically mean that they should be scaling him to those feats, but when the explanation came, Thanos wasn't even mentioned, and Hulk was lowballed to "lifting a mountain" level.

There are times when they deserve some credit, but this wasn't one of them.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, but let's be real. The way they currently like to treat scaling for comics doesn't make any sense. The last episode quite plainly established that Thanos could survive Star level damage, and Hulk's episode established that one of his lesser feats was pulling Earth's tectonic plates together with his bare hands. Them mentioning Namor scaling to both of them would logically mean that they believe he scales to those feats, but when the explanation came, Thanos wasn't even mentioned, and Hulk was lowballed to "lifting a mountain" level.
There are times when they deserve some credit, but this wasn't one of them.
I mean, even if they completly said that the mountain feat scaled to Namor they did still show that Aqua man was like, 100X stronger or something.

Stronger than the mountain feat, yes.

What I'm saying is, in spite of scaling him to the guy who performed said feat, they left out the fact that the same character has done other things which dwarf that mountain feat massively. Which makes no sense.

Granted, scaling Namor to the Hulk is questionable in and of itself. But if you're going to do it, it makes no sense to lowball the Hulk for the sake of doing so.

Hm.

Was the "Destroying the continent of atlantas" pre or post crisis?

If it was pre-crisis I might actually try and have the their calc evaluated, lol.

I doubt it was Pre-Crisis. So far, the only character they've ever scaled to Pre-Crisis feats is Darkseid with his strongest avatars. And that's because his true self was never actually retconned. (Don't even get me started. You know how confusing DC's continuity is...)

Back