• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Weiss can kinda just point ant freeze her opponent. Not encase them in ice but freeze them to the point that they will be physically shattered when attacked.

When'd she ever do that? And why doesn't she do that often? Literally solves every single one of her problems, bar none. Vernal? Raven? Cinder? Adam? Salem? Frosted.

Volume 6 episode one. And in order, she learned it after their fight, never fought, never fought, never fought, and hasnt even encountered yet.

Currently our site says team RWBY crew is Hypersonic+ by this

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:WeeklyBattles/Sun_Intercepts_the_Sei_Feilong's_Breath

But recent findings say Blake is MHS

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/RWBY:_More_MHS_Lightning_Dodges

And Sun Wukong is MHS+

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kaltias/Sun_intercepts_a_lightning_bolt

So lightning dodging in Persona is not solid enough.

The OHKO part... Weiss could do that and so can Mitsuru (look back to her OHKO move). Moreover, Mitsuru seems more resistant to ice attacks than Weiss is. And Mitsuru is mountain with her personas while Weiss' summons are still city block.

Unless the Manga feats are composited.

Is there anything saying they aren't canon to begin with?

Hell, apparently there were offical statements that it is canon, although I can't find anything past 2016. Doesn't appear like anything changed, though.

I meam, at this point, what exactly constitutes as an outlier? MHS isn't that big of a jump from hypersonic+ anyways.

The manga having a mountain level feat seems a bit inconsistent at the moment, and could very well be an outlier given the show never had feats on that level that the main 4 scaled to, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities given RWBY still hasn't finished and very well could get upgrades.

Maybe the reason they're winning rn is becaise the endgame is something that's already planned in advamce and they want to make battles with them anyways even before the feats come out that'll let them hang with some more powerful verses. Doubtful, but who knows.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Maybe the reason they're winning rn is becaise the endgame is something that's already planned in advamce and they want to make battles with them anyways even before the feats come out that'll let them hang with some more powerful verses. Doubtful, but who knows.
I mean, even if RWBY characters did become really strong EOS, that wouldn't make their younger versions stronger.

I'm aware.

Anyways, if Weiss loses next time, casuals are gonna be mad, while Weiss winning would piss off most Vs Debaters, so it's a lose-lose situation, I feel.

Amd who would've thought, amother inevitably salty match after the current third most negatively recieved DB

Well, brung the feat of that "mountain" bust up to someone who does calcs on NF and they said it probably is gonna be CB-MCB+ with maybe low kilotons at best from eyeballing what the thing actually did.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I'm aware.

Anyways, if Weiss loses next time, casuals are gonna be mad, while Weiss winning would piss off most Vs Debaters, so it's a lose-lose situation, I feel.

Amd who would've thought, amother inevitably salty match after the current third most negatively recieved DB
Only RWBY die hard fans want Weiss to win. Normies, Persona die hard fans and VS debaters want Mitsuru to stab Weiss hard.

(And normies would rather wank Erebus (Persona 3) and Tohru Adachi to Yaldabaoth (Persona 5) tier because their understanding is Persona main casts fight apocalyptic evil gods.)

EoS RWBY crew strength matters only if RWBY aired their EoS episodes. Lucy (Elfen Lied) is allowed her EoS feats in Death Battle because the episodes in the manga shows she was that strong and manga is the Elfen Lied canon. But RWBY has its canon as a web anime. Manga should not be considered if their web anime counterparts are not that strong.

What is the manga though? A retelling of the story from the web series? A side story? Prequel? Sequel?

Regardless of canonicity, it's more than likely it's gonna be used though. IIRC, they have used non-canon media for analysis before, for example with Kenshiro. From what I get his skyscraper feat is from a movie not from the manga (still well below duking it out with Kaioh though).

Quite surprising people are not discussing on comparison of one asset...

... the net asset values of Schnee Dust Company and Kirijo Group. Of course. This category has the literal word "asset" in it.

Actually, this makes me wonder. How does the SDC not end up regulated to some degree? I'd imagine most of the governing bodies would be able to see how destructive for worker and consumer rights a monopoly is, especially since Dust is something needed by most people, huntresses and hunters namely.

Or is RWBY, if it ever deals with this, gonna go the stupid route and say it has control over the governments or something? Because that'd be super original, never before seen, and super interesting.

i'd like to remind everyone that convergence means pre crisis = post crisis and they scale to all the same shit. but there's no way in hell this site's getting big DC revisions anytime soon, so whatevs.

ZephyrosOmega said:
i'd like to remind everyone that convergence means pre crisis = post crisis and they scale to all the same shit. but there's no way in hell this site's getting big DC revisions anytime soon, so whatevs.
So superman casually blowing away the solar system with sneeze and restored he's time-line by himself is equal to the superman that that was pissing his pants holding a pocket solar system in his hands? Hmm good to know.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
So superman casually blowing away the solar system with sneeze and restored he's time-line by himself is equal to the superman that that was pissing his pants holding a pocket solar system in his hands? Hmm good to know.
i didn't say it made sense, i just said it's canon.

Convergence meant every comic that DC wrote is canon. That doesn't mean they are the same versions now tho. It's just that they all exist because of the infinite multiverse thing.

Actually, looking further into it, the SDC has a monopoly or near monopoly over dust, but the Kirijo Group is more of a buisness conglomerate, so they're likely at similar levels of monetary wealth.

And the only way I can see the SDC not being regulated is if it is either an international company (which it isn't) or possesses a natural monopoly. Even if it produces and holds most of the dust used by the Atlas militay and sciences, that would give the Government more reason to regulate them, as to not let the company control the government.

If they're a natural monpoly, though, it makes sense for them to be unregulated or even funded by the governments of Remnant. It would also make the possible villainous motivations for it as a corporation more interesting, as sort of "We're the only ones capable of producing at this level and meeting the demands of society, why shouldn't we control all of the dust market?"

Of course, we'll likely never get this level of depth from the story.

Current Superman has been feeding on 5D energy while current Hal jist contained an instantaneous universal bomb with the amp of the Central Battery and the Ring pulled him in before his body could die. Also travelled a given distance from Hal of at least 100,000 light-years in seconds wuth the hyperspace feature.

Pretty nice stuff.

Also a threat to the multiverse coming later in the new Green Lantern comics, which may provide more impressive stuff.

Me thinks even the Post-Rebirth DC characters might be having some nice feats right off the bat.

Superman has some rather extreme feats and scalings that we just don't use because outlier in all his iterations.

Jasonsith said:
Try to calculate this. The findings may be fun.
In the end I am the one trying calculating the feat.

Before I find time polishing my data for publishing, I wonder something:

• Is Mitsuru only freezing water in the air into ice? (That should put her large building level or city block - a failsafe supporting feat and does not showcase the character's upper limit of her full strength)
    • What is the latent heat energy of condensation of water in the air into water (compared with that of hot water vapour condense into hot water)
  • Is Mitsuru in fact creating ice from pure energy? (That should put her above mountain level)

Back