• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (4) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

TitanCrusher101 said:
To be fair, if this was a massive fight between all of Ben's aliens vs all of the GL Corps, it'd be a much closer fight.
Ep 109 Spoilers
Ep 109 is Ben Tennyson vs Hal Jordan and Hal is winning with some tricks.
Now you say all Ben 10 aliens vs all Green Lantern Corps are fairer?

AFAIK quite a few of the Green Lantern Corps members reach SS level where not many Ben 10 aliens reach planetary.

Ep 110 Spoilers
Likely in 3D model. Chances are in animated sprite.
Quite unlikely a "fair" or "crap shoot" matchup if proper powerscaling is applied.

To be fair to DB, powerscaling can be tricky if not done carefully. I can't exactly say "Cloud scales to 1/3 the power of Sephiroth because it takes three party members to defeat Safer Sephiroth" because that's false. They usually try to provide concrete numbers if they can, and only scale if they can't find concrete numbers for the combatant but can for someone they compare to

Well, don't want to sound salty about it because I've already complained waaay too much about Yang vs Tifa, but that Death Battle felt horribly incomplete in just every possible regard, not only AP and Durability, which goes beyond the lack of scaling (which as Vergil vs Sephy shows, shoots on both knees the analysis for Yang vs Tifa).

Next Battle Spoilers
And as Jasonsith mentioned, if Mitsuru lacks an open display of destructive power and speed, she will be relegated to her feats only and it's not unlikely those will be downplayed or filled with "buts". I wouldn't be surprised if they still mantain that Auras make you invulnerable and they ignore hax altogether beside freezing.
I really don't like saying this, but it may be bias, or perhasp Rooster Teeth grabbing them by the neck an saying "You better not let one of our girls lose or else...!"

Though, being petty, I am rather relieved that it isn't Cygnus Hyoga or Jin Kisaragi (especially given that, from what I've heard, some research staff members have an open dislike for Blazblue) who are going to be used as sacrifice lambs -__-;
@Speedyroj: For Yang vs Tifa Ben himself said Yang wasn´t "safe". It really doesn't mean much.

TartaChocholate said:
@Speedyroj: For Yang vs Tifa Ben himself said Yang wasn´t "safe". It really doesn't mean much.
I mean...

In all honesty, she probably wasn't? Idk, it's not hard to see why you'd think otherwise, but I find it far more likely that they did actually come to the conclusion that Yang wins (erroneously, obviously), rather than deliberately fudge the results.

also I trust Ultra's word more than I trust Ben's tbh

Well... >_> I admit I am being too bitter about it. But given the entire context around Yang vs Tifa (explicitly made to celebrate Season 3 and Roosterteeth had acquired Screwattack), how incomplete the research was, not only in terms of power but other basics that were ignored (how does speed, skill, experience, fighting styles, Tifa's Magic vs Yang's Gunfire and mentality between these two martial artists measure up? For example.) Or for example how they brought up stuff for Tifa in her section of the analysis, but ignored in the conclusion, or just what came later with Vergil vs Sephiroth in general.

All that combined really can give the vibe they were cherry picking. And there's also this tidbit on Final Heaven.

I mean... I really hate making the accusation, but really... Then again, maybe it wasn't DB's fault, perhaps Rooster Teeth has told them "Our girls can't lose. Make them win and look good", I dunno or perhaps I am wrong altogether, but it IS fishy.

@Tarta their DBX Ragna vs Ruby fight was all just a glorified RWBY advertisement. So it's more than likely they're just gonna give the win to RWBY again to advertise their show.

You forget that DB likes to be composite for some reason meaning they will likely use stuff like Weiss' Mountain level feat from the manga and possibly the Low 2-C feats from xTag

WeeklyBattles said:
You forget that DB likes to be composite for some reason meaning they will likely use stuff like Weiss' Mountain level feat from the manga and possibly the Low 2-C feats from xTag
Her feats in is just Low 2-C? Defeating a 2-A is a 2-A feat already.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean, I'm pretty sure the reason is just to take the characters at their absolute strongest but idk how people feel about that.

Hmm... the manga feats are pretty likely to be used. Dunno how credible or legit using Cross Tag would be, but I can see them doing it.

Though they have made differences when a character's powers changes too much from one medium to another, kinda like what happened with Archie Sonic or Eyes of Heaven Jotaro (as well as non-canon sources).

Well, if pinpointing Mitsuru's power is tricky in itself, perhaps the reasoning for Weiss' victory will be all in all solid enough.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'm sorry but what mountain level feats exactly for Weiss and I doubt DB will take some questionable shit from cross tag

@Tipper in the manga, the giant nevermore that they fought blew away a mountain

Seeing as DB is part of the company that owns rwby and by extension helped develop xtag i see no reason why they'd leave it out

WeeklyBattles said:
@Tipper in the manga, the giant nevermore that they fought blew away a mountain

Seeing as DB is part of the company that owns rwby and by extension helped develop xtag i see no reason why they'd leave it out
Imma need a link to that I could see them using the mountain feat assuming they give mitsuru the same with Erebus Extreme doubt with cross tag given that's crossover shit

Actually...

Not opposed to the manga feat being used if it means a closer fight. RWBY ain't even over yet and the nuclear range is literally within thwir grasp at the kilotons so I imagine when all is said and done they'll have more consistent showings for that as well.

As for speed... It seems Mitsuru has that, but I also hear a lightning-timer was found in RWBY? Does anyone scale?

Mountain Weiss at least isn't that crazy given her current rating and how things are advancing in the story, from what I get. At the very least using feats from different sources of the story is more reasonable than royally gimping the opponent.

Though, what makes Mitsuru's power so tricky to evaluate?

TartaChocholate said:
Mountain Weiss at least isn't that crazy given her current rating and how things are advancing in the story, from what I get. At the very least using feats from different sources of the story is more reasonable than royally gimping the opponent.

Though, what makes Mitsuru's power so tricky to evaluate?
In AP and dura, Mitsuru and P3 crew scale to Erebus (Persona 3) who can destroy mountains when in a weakened state. The size of the mountain is not known so it is likely baseline. But the crew also tanked a laser that can be seen from outer space - but the feat is not calculated.

In speed, Mitsuru scales to the Persona 3 main cast in dodging lightning. Since the lightning source for dodging is unknown, it is assumed at baseline MHS.

If Weiss scales to the dude who dodged lightning, then doesn't the soeed advantage gp to ger purely because she's got the better travel speed between the two? I mean, at least as far as I know she does. The only thing listed for Mitsuru are combat speeds/reaction times, but what about her travel speed?

And if both characters are equal in AP and Durability as well as maybe speed, then this comes down to skill, experience, and how their abilities work. It'll basically be "But can Weiss see Personas", and I'm pretty sure she can't which still gives Misturu a win, doesn't it? Or are we expected to believe that Weiss can simply stall enough and dodge so much stiff that the Persona wouldn't be too much of a determining factor?

Back