• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
MeleeniumRXJ said:
Technically it's Rooster Teeth now.
The SA team has been under RT since some time after Yang vs Tifa.

The SA team is not disbanded, just the YouTube and Twitter channel of Screwattack is rebranded as Death Battle.

I know this as the SA team and channel still exist here.

Ah and BW is not even stated to be combat wise faster than WM - no >= mach 2 thing, just her travel speed in bare feet is faster. And if WM can survive a 2 ton TNT thing, what is with a 13000 J neck snapping attack or even a 100000 J head crushing attack? I want to see BW spamming her boobytraps at least.

Jasonsith said:
MeleeniumRXJ said:
Technically it's Rooster Teeth now.
The SA team has been under RT since some time after Yang vs Tifa.
The SA team is not disbanded, just the YouTube and Twitter channel of Screwattack is rebranded as Death Battle.

I know this as the SA team and channel still exist here.

Ah and BW is not even stated to be combat wise faster than WM - no >= mach 2 thing, just her travel speed in bare feet is faster. And if WM can survive a 2 ton TNT thing, what is with a 13000 J neck snapping attack or even a 100000 J head crushing attack? I want to see BW spamming her boobytraps at least.
ROOSTER TEETH ORIGINALS: "DEATH BATTLE!"

Wow, just because you buy a company doesn't mean you created all of their ideas :/

Wouldn't Widowmaker's lowered heart rate make her sluggish and less athletic? Ask Blizzard for the answer to the bullshit science they made up.

Why do this matchup? Black Widow has may more lore than Widowmaker, so it's extremely one-sided. Their experience wasn't as big a factor in this fight, as their equipment made up for it. Also, this match was very highly requested (according to Ben) and was supposed to come out last year. Plus, the theme of spider-aesthetic assassins made it work.

Why did the sniper bullets still have casings when fired? Widowmaker's rounds are huge and looks like a bullet with a casing. The limited animation tech caused that error in order to make a cooler scene.

Why didn't you put the "FIGHT" sign in the shot where the bullets passed one another? You did something similar with Hawkeye vs Green Arrow. Ben didn't like that shot from Hawkeye vs Green Arrow. Also, see the Aquaman vs Namor QnA for the reason "FIGHT" is gone.

Should Widowmaker instantly lose because she got her ass kicked by a teenager with a fancy glove? No, she was distracted and got up afterwards perfectly fine.

Why the next battle? Because Captain Marvel just came out, Shazam will be out soon, and its the battle of the two Captain Marvels

Sorvoe551 said:
Wouldn't Widowmaker's lowered heart rate make her sluggish and less athletic? Ask Blizzard for the answer to the bullshit science they made up.
That's not so bad when you compare it to someone like Reaper, who gained the power of teleportation and the ability to turn into a cloud of mist (including his clothing) through genetic engineering.

Black Widow (Marvel Comics) vs Widowmaker has correct results with super wrong reasons.

• Energy to break a neck > Energy to survive a flat unit blown up (you've gotta be kidding me)
  • Superhuman BW travel speed > Subsonic travel speed for WM with both able to dodge bullets (what makes you can sneak up on me)

Actually BW will get upgrade, to what tier though? That I'm trying to figure that out, though with what I already have Ant says Large Building level low street level characters seems fine.

Off topic, but are there any calculations being done for Captain Marvel (MCU)? I saw the movie and there are definitely some feats that can put her as one of the MCU heavy hitters

The Smashor said:
To be fair (To my knowledge) the gauntlet destroying skyscrapers is only a statement. Are there feats that back it up?
Not necessarily, but the thing is, Screwattack seemed to accepted the statement just fine. Their reasoning to downplay WM tanking it was less to do with it being a statement and more so to due with the gauntlet being weilded by a "skinny teenager".

MeleeniumRXJ said:
The Smashor said:
To be fair (To my knowledge) the gauntlet destroying skyscrapers is only a statement. Are there feats that back it up?
Not necessarily, but the thing is, Screwattack seemed to accepted the statement just fine. Their reasoning to downplay WM tanking it was less to do with it being a statement and more so to due with the gauntlet being weilded by a "skinny teenager".
The other half of their reasoning was that Doomfist has never actually shown anywhere near the power it would take to one-shot a skyscraper while wielding the gauntlet himself.

I can't confirm or deny (because I don't actually care enough to do research on Overwatch of all things), but still. That was definitely what they said.

Not necessarily, but the thing is, Screwattack seemed to accepted the statement just fine. Their reasoning to downplay WM tanking it was less to do with it being a statement and more so to due with the gauntlet being wielded by a "skinny teenager".
The other half of their reasoning was that Doomfist has never actually shown anywhere near the power it would take to one-shot a skyscraper while wielding the gauntlet himself.

I can't confirm or deny (because I don't actually care enough to do research on Overwatch of all things), but still. That was definitely what they said.

But if this girl and this mouse performed this at 2.9 tons of TNT and this at 4.7 tons of TNT, is it reasonable Doomfist, Winsto and Widowmaker are weaker than such? Hell D.Va with her non-100% suit did this at 1.9 tons of TNT.

(That is because Screwattack is super reluctant in power scaling unless they have no other source materials to work on AND/OR they do it on both sides - which might wank Black Widow to the likes of Wolverine, Captain America or even Iron Man.)

Jasonsith said:
But if this girl and this mouse performed this at 2.9 tons of TNT and this at 4.7 tons of TNT, is it reasonable Doomfist, Winsto and Widowmaker are weaker than such? Hell D.Va with her non-100% suit did this at 1.9 tons of TNT.
Well, since you've pushed these in my face now.

That first one is a temperature change feat. How this scales to physical AP is beyond me, since A) it's not directly harming anyone, B) the character didn't do this with their own power (they did it using a weapon), and C) the feat itself has no way of translating to physical AP VS another person. (because freezing feats don't work that way)

The second one seems fine enough at a glance, but I'll get back to it in a moment.

The third one is...Actually, I'm not even sure how this is being scaled, but no matter how you look at it, there are problems.

• If you're going by how much that explosion yielded, I don't see how self-destruction scales to the thing's actual AP unless another character blatantly survived the damage after being harmed by the suit. (and even then, seeing as this was enough to completely obliterate the suit, that person would be clearly superior if they could stonewall that explosion)
  • If you're going by the fact that she herself survived the explosion, then:
    • Inverse Square Law is nowhere in that calc, and I guarantee it would neuter the actual rating she'd get from tanking that, since she was clearly pretty damn far from the epicenter of the explosion when it happened.
    • As soon as the shockwave hit her, she got ******* ruined. The very next scene shows her getting rushed towards medical attention on a stretcher, with the guy handling her frantic about the fact that her condition is horrible and she looks like she's going to die.
Out of these three feats, only one of them seems legitimate, and it's a feat performed in-game. Meanwhile, just from what's here, Hana's (non-100%) suit was obliterated by Building+ power, Hana herself nearly died from being only somewhat close to the explosion, and Mei's AP feat isn't something that should actually scale to anyone.

Are there any other relevant feats on this level in the series, or is this all?

User blog:WeeklyBattles/Overwatch: Some Feats

Zarya melted a door at 0.496 ~ 4 Tons of TNT.

And I doubt one should scale anyone to Junkrat and Titan Omnic

Else WeeklyBattles vs MrKingOfNegativity confirmed.

I do not mean to badmouth on SA's verdict but I hate it when SA did not elaborate enough on what a Black Widow bomb can truly do esp when this can trump over Widowmaker's durability hence securing BW's win.

Also, superhuman speed > subsonic speed? When SA is the same person denying MHS+ reaction speed for Daredevil (Marvel Comics) and Carnage (Marvel Comics) and explicitly says both can dodge bullet rounds?

The calc for Zarya has scaling frames, but the actual feat isn't linked anywhere. The calc still hasn't been accepted after all this time, also.

I honestly wasn't even trying to pay attention to the OW ratings until calcs started getting thrown at me, but if this is what we're basing the ratings of 90% of the verse on, then that's a problem.

Regardless, this isn't the thread for all of this anyway. I'll bring this up again sometime later.

^ wow. It starts to think if my calculations for G.I. Joe, Zombie Land Saga and others (like for Hercule and Da) could be more accurate than that. Hopefully Weekly and MrKing can discuss by themselves on the Overwatch feat calculation validity issue.

Back to topic:

DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews S6:E7 - Captain Marvel Whiz Bangs into DEATH BATTLE!

"Carol Danvers goes higher, further, and faster than ever before for this marvelous Death Battle!"

On Rooster Teeth for RT First Members now and for normal Youtube viewers 2 days later.

And the Goose VS Ace the Bat-Hound Community Death Battle

Gooseƒÿ╝ 58% - Bat HoundƒÉ 42%

TitanCrusher101 said:
**** that shit. Dog person all the way.
Do you believe in High 2-A Bat-Hound, who is defeated by the very High 2-A Bat-Mite?

Bat-Hound should still be at least 9-B in all seriousness by winning a tiger. Probably 9-A by scaling as (a) holding off and being slightly inferior to DCAU Joker and (b) winning a tentacle monster in Batman Beyond.

Back