• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ningen!!!

The search engine sure has room for improvement - esp. in searching topics.

It has to be Cole, it's so highly requested that fans would rage if it wasn't them two.

Alex would first fight Cole and would be killed by Cole. Else why Carnage vs Lucy when Carnage vs Darth Maul and Carnage vs Alex Mercer are much more popular?

SA just need a time slot. 20/5 NYT would be a nice timing considering lots of comments of "ya Alex vs Cole please and make it 3D thanks". Except maybe they want a confirmed release date of inFamous 3 or Prototype 3 and release that episode some weeks after.

Ah

DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews S6:E6 - Widowmaker "Crêpes" into DEATH BATTLE!

Widowmaker lines up the perfect shot for her showdown with the Black Widow!

Jasonsith said:
Alex would first fight Cole and would be killed by Cole. Else why Carnage vs Lucy when Carnage vs Darth Maul and Carnage vs Alex Mercer are much more popular?

SA just need a time slot. 20/5 NYT would be a nice timing considering lots of comments of "ya Alex vs Cole please and make it 3D thanks". Except maybe they want a confirmed release date of inFamous 3 or Prototype 3 and release that episode some weeks after.

Ah

DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews S6:E6 - Widowmaker "Crêpes" into DEATH BATTLE!
Because Manga vs Comics =P

Jasonsith said:
Also afaik Mei and Widowmaker are both "defender" characters of Overwatch (Ditto)
That's actually no-longer a thing. Blizzard combined the "Offense" and "Defense" catagories into simply "Damage" as it proved to be much more useful to players conceptually. So there's only three classes of Damage, Tank and Support. This should probably be updated on the main Overwatch page.

Also, the thing is, I don't think Death Battle will look to gameplay nearly as much as VBW does. I think it's mostly gonna rely on cinematics, comics and origin shorts.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Captain America lost to Batman, so I highly doubt Death Battle would scale BW that high by scaling to Cap.
MCU Cap Am has only room AP and dura without his shield and is only a MCB AP and mountain dura stone wall with his shield on hand. DCEU Batma with prep can still take MCU Cap Am down in speed equalised matches or if Cap Am makes one mistake.

SA can still downplay Widowmaker to sub-Sniper tier AP with mere superhuman perception reaction speed. And with our updated Black Widow bomb AP with and without prep time SA can argue easily that BW could actually take down WM.

They're gonna at least have Widowmaker comparable to the stats they gave Tracer. Which means for speed, she should get something comparable to 0.01 reaction time. As for AP and Durability, they have Tracer being able to jump 10 feet in the air (ironically, this is a feat that's pointed out a lot for BW by her fans), and surviving a 3-story fall. So I don't see them downplaying Widowmaker below this baseline.

They of course will have WM tanking the Doomfist gauntlet. Whether they'll take into consideration the skyscraper statement or not, is still up in the air. If they don't, then they'll likely do a calculation based on the distance the gauntlet was able to launch her. So I don't see DB downplaying WM below this baseline.

Then there's some other stuff they could use that I think raises WM's stats even higher, but I wouldn't be surprised if DB overlooks it. Scaling to Tracer, and tanking DF gauntlet I think is a certainty though.

@MeleeniumRXJ nice analysis

Well, falling from great heights at terminal velocity (assuming terminal velocity of a human being around 53 m/s and the mass of the person is 70 kg) yields:

KE = 0.5*70*53^2 = 9.8315e4 Joules, Wall level.
Better than the zombie idols at least.

But since WM fell from only more than 3 storeys... the energy tanked from this feat is likely much lower (4.42m per storey X 3 X 70 kg X 9.81 = 9,105.642 J - Street Level+ - worse than the zombie idols now). So we still need to calibrate the DF punching a skyscraper feat for a better picture.

By the way

This is a nice BGM for the episode

Spoilers!
Somehow I smelled the victory march of the Avenger at the end of the BGM.

So the battle will be out today and I'll be watching it with my first account. I haven't watched either preview, so it'll all be fresh to me. I'll use spoiler tags to talk about specific calcs and give my spoiler free review as always

Ep 106 Spoilers
Heard Black Widow (Marvel Comics) won against Widowmaker.
Does anyone think Black Widow is being wanked?
Or Widowmaker being downplayed?
I smelled both before watching the real episode.
Ep 107 Spoilers
(Expects Episode 107 with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) or Shazam)
(Reads the upcoming battle matchup: Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) VS Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) (Post-Crisis))
(in Widowmaker tone) Ugh, you've got to be kidding me...
afaik Shazam is already a lot more powerful than Android 18, and we've seen Carol fighting her.

-Research was pretty good, considering the standard we have set for DB. I found out some things about BW I didn't know beforehand (apparently she's 91, who knew?), but WM was pretty much what I knew beforehand

-It was 3D animated, and the "plot" of the fight definitely upped the melodrama, it was fun. Animation quality was somewhere between Thor v WW and Wolverine v Raiden, so good, but definitely some iffy renders (WM's grappling hook always looked fake to me)

-Finishing blow was especially brutal and the fight choreography was some of the best in the series. I'd put it just under Dante v Bayonetta

-Next fight has me excited, despite the outcome I'm picturing

-Voice actresses for both roles were only okay, mainly because they barely talked. I'd say WM's was better by a slight margin.

Spoilers
Okay, so there was a little bit of wanking and downplaying for both characters. Nothing out of the ordinary for Screwattack, but it should be addressed. As per Melee's request, Black Widow won.
- | Widowmaker was downplayed purely from the Doomfist gauntlet feat. Sure, they did the calc for the skyscraper feat, but the problem was a teenager was wielding the gauntlet at the time, not the super buff boi, so it was probably not hitting as hard. Otherwise, her skill and tech were as we expected (keeping up with Tracer, sniping out Ana's eye, taking on the security team)

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
The next fight is very stomp-ish.
Ep 107 spoilers
Don't sell it short. Billy is speed blitzing Carol.
Technically if Billy is not quick thinking enough to stop feeding Carol electricity Carol may win. But more times than not (ditto)

Just watched the latest DB. Without spoiling anything on it, I can say that all of the different categories of strength, intelligence, etc., landed about where I anticipated them to, the winner was expected, but welcome, and both the animation and the voice acting were on point. (The beginning was a little sloppy, but once the fight got going, it was nice.)

And while I understand how and why the next one is gonna be what it is, I'm not overly excited for it, the same way I wasn't too excited for the Aquaman fight when it was announced.

About the recent Carol Danvers vs Billy Batson rivalry

Zachary Levi said:
"And, by the way, she doesn't need anybody sticking up for her," he continued. "It was me trying to talk to people that thought they were doing me a favor. They were like, 'We're not gonna go see Captain Marvel, we're gonna go see Shazam!.' I was like, you can just say you wanna come see Shazam!. You don't have to go and speak ill of somebody else in order to raise me or this movie up. That's not okay. Yeah, so, I just felt like I had an opportunity to speak truth."

Black Widow would speedblitz

So their verdict was correct

although their reasoning wasn't

Instead of having MHS+ vs High hypersonic, they have >= Mach 2 vs Superhuman+. Noice.

Jasonsith said:
Black Widow would speedblitz
So their verdict was correct

although their reasoning wasn't
Instead of having MHS+ vs High hypersonic, they have >= Mach 2 vs Superhuman+. Noice.
what did you expect

This is ScrewAttack we're talking about here

Back