• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Geralt of Rivia gets into Death Battle, who do you guys want him fighting? I kind of want Hellboy, or Clare from Claymore since they're thematically similar. I know Talion is his most wanted opponent, but that just seems horribly unfair.

I've seen people doing tier lists for what characters someone should fight in DB, so I though I'd do one for Gunvolt.

GunvoltMatchups.jpg

From top to bottom...

Favorite: Cole MacGrath. I honestly haven't played inFAMOUS, nor do I know much about it, but what little I do know makes this a perfect matchup. Cole is also one of the few electricity users that can fight against Gunvolt fairly (Basically Gunvolt has electricity resistance and ignores anyone else's resistance), since he has a lot of powers aside from lightning. Who wins depends on weather or not they use Evil, and by extension Beast Cole. Yes I know our website has Gunvolt at least six tiers below Cole but that's only because a feat that's very obviously Mass-Energy conversion isn't directly stated to be Mass-Energy conversion so it isn't allowed to count specifically here. Still pissed about that.

Ideal Alternatives: Shovel Knight vs Gunvolt is pretty obvious. Both are blue colored indie game characters and are incredibly popular in their respective regions (Shovel Knight is basically THE indie game in the west while Gunvolt is massively popular in Japan). Gunvolt probably wins out just due to way better abilities. Shovel Knight's Town Level feat is because the earthquake caused by the Tower of Fate was considered to be Magnitude 6 while, judging by the intensity of the shaking, was most likely Magnitude 5.5 at most. K', meanwhile, is better thematically. Both were created by a massive corporation (Sumeragi for Gunvolt, NESTS for K') by implanting someone else's powers (The First Adept for Gunvolt and Kyo for K') into an orphan. They quickly betrayed the organization and eventually met another member of it, eventually befriending them. Gunvolt probably wins out because Prevasion is busted and, using the feat I mentioned earlier, he's stronger.

Good, but not Great: Shirou probably sounds like a really dumb one. However, think of it this way: Both of them are orphans, are great chefs, are great chefs, and get powers from a woman wearing blue that they may or may not be in love with. Also, a guy in red with white hair unconditionally hates them. Honestly, Copen vs Archer (Or Kiritsugu for that matter) is probably a way better Gunvolt vs Fate series fight, but eh. MMZ Era Zero is the only Mega Man character I'd be fine with Gunvolt fighting, since they both are basically INTI Creates' poster boys. Laxus is some guy from Fairy Tale, and he's a strong electricity user, so eh. I don't know much about him. Mikasa is a good matchup since both are electricity users, but Misaka doesn't rely on her electricity for offense. I've also heard rumors that she was part of what inspired Gunvolt, but that's probably an urban myth. Static Shock is another electricity user, too. Honestly you could say the electricity users here could go down a tier and I wouldn't disagree with you.

Passable: Shantae is another popular indie protagonist, and the two even have official crossover art from INTI, but Shovel Knight is way more iconic. Blake is a strangely popular matchup for Gunvolt, but aside from both being nearly impossible to hit there isn't much here from what I can see. Beck's had a crossover with Gunvolt and both are INTI, but if there's going to be a curbstomp fight between INTI protagonists I'd rather it be with Zero. I literally forgot the last guy's name while typing this, he's basically someone from My Hero Academia and uses lightning. Gunvolt and MHA have similar worlds so Gunvolt vs MHA matchups have potential, but the average power in Gunvolt is way above the average power in MHA.

Why...?: The first guy is from Xenoblade 2 and I saw the matchup on Google Images. He has literally nothing in common with Gunvolt from what I can tell. Mega Man X is representing it, but honestly (Not including the Zero and ZX Series), there are literally no Mega Man characters that have a good matchup with GV.

So bad they aren't even on the list: Kirito from Sword Art Online is one I've seen on occasion, and just no. He has a similar rumor to Misaka for Gunvolt being based on him, and that's where the similarities end. Also in this section: Every single electric type Pokemon. Gunvolt is a great character in terms of character, and it would be incredibly annoying for him to fight a literal wild animal for his 15 seconds of fame.

Ideal Alternatives: Shovel Knight vs Gunvolt is pretty obvious. Both are blue colored indie game characters and are incredibly popular in their respective regions (Shovel Knight is basically THE indie game in the west while Gunvolt is massively popular in Japan). Gunvolt probably wins out just due to way better abilities. Shovel Knight's Town Level feat is because the earthquake caused by the Tower of Fate was considered to be Magnitude 6 while, judging by the intensity of the shaking, was most likely Magnitude 5.5 at most. K', meanwhile, is better thematically. Both were created by a massive corporation (Sumeragi for Gunvolt, NESTS for K') by implanting someone else's powers (The First Adept for Gunvolt and Kyo for K') into an orphan. They quickly betrayed the organization and eventually met another member of it, eventually befriending them. Gunvolt probably wins out because Prevasion is busted and, using the feat I mentioned earlier, he's stronger.
For K, depending on what you believe in KOF, from what I seen and scaling, he's either small city level going by vsbattle or multi-continental from DeviantArt(he doesn't have a profile, but it's guessing from Terry's deviantart stats and he scales to Terry who scales to Kyo and Ryo). Outside of Vsbattle, how powerful is Gunvolt?

I've seen people doing tier lists for what characters someone should fight in DB, so I though I'd do one for Gunvolt.

GunvoltMatchups.jpg

From top to bottom...

Favorite: Cole MacGrath. I honestly haven't played inFAMOUS, nor do I know much about it, but what little I do know makes this a perfect matchup. Cole is also one of the few electricity users that can fight against Gunvolt fairly (Basically Gunvolt has electricity resistance and ignores anyone else's resistance), since he has a lot of powers aside from lightning. Who wins depends on weather or not they use Evil, and by extension Beast Cole. Yes I know our website has Gunvolt at least six tiers below Cole but that's only because a feat that's very obviously Mass-Energy conversion isn't directly stated to be Mass-Energy conversion so it isn't allowed to count specifically here. Still pissed about that.

Good, but not Great: Shirou probably sounds like a really dumb one. However, think of it this way: Both of them are orphans, are great chefs, are great chefs, and get powers from a woman wearing blue that they may or may not be in love with. Also, a guy in red with white hair unconditionally hates them. Honestly, Copen vs Archer (Or Kiritsugu for that matter) is probably a way better Gunvolt vs Fate series fight, but eh. MMZ Era Zero is the only Mega Man character I'd be fine with Gunvolt fighting, since they both are basically INTI Creates' poster boys. Laxus is some guy from Fairy Tale, and he's a strong electricity user, so eh. I don't know much about him. Mikasa is a good matchup since both are electricity users, but Misaka doesn't rely on her electricity for offense. I've also heard rumors that she was part of what inspired Gunvolt, but that's probably an urban myth. Static Shock is another electricity user, too. Honestly you could say the electricity users here could go down a tier and I wouldn't disagree with you.

Passable: Shantae is another popular indie protagonist, and the two even have official crossover art from INTI, but Shovel Knight is way more iconic. Blake is a strangely popular matchup for Gunvolt, but aside from both being nearly impossible to hit there isn't much here from what I can see. Beck's had a crossover with Gunvolt and both are INTI, but if there's going to be a curbstomp fight between INTI protagonists I'd rather it be with Zero. I literally forgot the last guy's name while typing this, he's basically someone from My Hero Academia and uses lightning. Gunvolt and MHA have similar worlds so Gunvolt vs MHA matchups have potential, but the average power in Gunvolt is way above the average power in MHA.

Why...?: The first guy is from Xenoblade 2 and I saw the matchup on Google Images. He has literally nothing in common with Gunvolt from what I can tell. Mega Man X is representing it, but honestly (Not including the Zero and ZX Series), there are literally no Mega Man characters that have a good matchup with GV.

So bad they aren't even on the list: Kirito from Sword Art Online is one I've seen on occasion, and just no. He has a similar rumor to Misaka for Gunvolt being based on him, and that's where the similarities end. Also in this section: Every single electric type Pokemon. Gunvolt is a great character in terms of character, and it would be incredibly annoying for him to fight a literal wild animal for his 15 seconds of fame.
How does it feel knowing Cole is gonna fight Alex Mercer 😏

When Geralt of Rivia gets into Death Battle, who do you guys want him fighting? I kind of want Hellboy, or Clare from Claymore since they're thematically similar. I know Talion is his most wanted opponent, but that just seems horribly unfair.
High 8-C

7-A

High 7-C

High 7-C

Hmm

Indeed it’s the anniversary season
If every match “Finale Worthy” according to Luis they better make it so
Hype it like hell
I doubt about the degree of "every match finale worthy" But I can predict that will be lots of popular matchups overdue coming.

Thus yeah Alex Mercer vs Cole MacGrath is coming and... see if you buy Country Level Mighty No 9

High 8-C

7-A

High 7-C

High 7-C

Hmm
Damn, I didn't know Hellboy got an upgrade. Clare I've only heard a little bit about, it's just that her backstory sounded somewhat familiar.

So now I don't know who he should fight. I guess Death Battles are rarely even, but I'd prefer if Geralt got to fight someone who was his equal. Unless they decide to composite him for whatever reason.

The same way it felt for several people who knew Zero was going to fight Meta Knight.
Lol.

I honestly don't remember Zero vs MK being as popular as it is now before Zero fought Metal. Seems like that only got popular after it happened.

And let's be real, when Ben said they're saving Alex for someone, we know he meant Cole.

Ye. Ben even said on his Twitter that he knows Alex was requested against Carnage, but he wanted to save him for someone else. He deleted that post for whatever reason though.

Also, it'd be really weird to just, ignore Alex vs Cole given it's one of the most requested Death Battles, and it fits next season M's theme of matchups that have history.

True, but Cole vs Alex is also a curbstomp, probably more so than any other historical matchup.

Like I said, I haven't actually played inFAMOUS, so giving Shovel Knight a fight that has connections beyond "Haha funny pogo move" does sound like a great idea. Still, with SK vs Shantae's popularity, Gunvolt's best chance might be a battle royale...

Me finding out about this on Discord. I will make an appearance from my break merely to say this.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna need this

430.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back