• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up. Read what happened.

(Oh I really hate how inconvenient it is now to edit BB codes in a deep dark blue background and black words)

Wait, Red Hood vs Winter Soldier didn't get a QNA?
Winter Soldier vs Red Hood gets a huge Q&A on the behind-the-scenes part instead of the verdict part.

I feel the salt. Now this will haunt the souls of everyone. Happy Halloween and Happy 2020.

Back to topic, it IS our consensus that Donnie Cates Venom >>>>>> Kishin Crona >>>> Vanilla Venom.

Just a few question bugs me.

1. Why bringing Venom back just to kill him?
  2. Why bringing Donnie Cates Venom just to say things Migue79 mentioned?
  3. Why bringing Venom back to fight Crona when people are requesting for Crona vs Shiro instead? What happened to the suggestion form?

We shall wait to read the Q&A.

Oh this also confirms Rooster Teeth fears for the potential legal complaints from the androgynous group more than those from the bisexual group. This could be a reason a legal team exists and how Rooster Teeth is shaped nowadays.

And...
For the characters announced in the "Welcome Back to Death Battle"
  • Winner: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Danny Phantom, Beerus, Crona
  • Loser: Miles Morales, Sindel

Well Red vs Blue from the Rooster Teeth's Red vs Blue... This is clearly done to commemorate the coming of Red vs Blue Zero on October 19, 2020. And foreshadowed on Danny Phantom vs Jake Long.

We can always check out late October and early November. Chad DID mention they would do Dio Brando vs Alucard (Hellsing). And we know that returning combatants are more likely to have a different result from last time unless it's a DC character. ... not saying this means Dio may actually win Hellsing Alucard automatically but still.

Yeah the next matchup is kinda ***** but it is what it is, and I remember enjoying the show when I used to watch it so eh, I'm mostly indifferent to this (But I'd still prefer pretty much any other matchup). Oh and also,
A bigger waste of a slot than steve in smash.
Steve ain't no waste you nerd.

The thing that gets me is the claim that Asura is stronger than the Cates upgrades. Are they claiming the Kishin are superior to Hulk and War Machine? Or is it more that they don't think the Cates stuff scales to them? They seemed to have put base Ghost Rider as building level so that could explain them dismissing Carnage killing one.

The thing that gets me is the claim that Asura is stronger than the Cates upgrades. Are they claiming the Kishin are superior to Hulk and War Machine? Or is it more that they don't think the Cates stuff scales to them? They seemed to have put base Ghost Rider as building level so that could explain them dismissing Carnage killing one.
idk

Apparently. I swear whoever does Marvel research for Death Battle downplays the hell out of them.

1. Why bringing Venom back just to kill him?
  2. Why bringing Donnie Cates Venom just to say things Migue79 mentioned?
  3. Why bringing Venom back to fight Crona when people are requesting for Crona vs Shiro instead? What happened to the suggestion form?
thats sums up my entire opinion on this why bring back venom to have him get stomped by crona and why have him fight crona where crona had better options?
i what an actual good reasons for why they done this matchup?

Asura trumping the Cates upgrades is the issue I'm most interested in seeing them explain in the Q&A. A single pop-up message saying something like that really needs some explaining.

well There should be a strict rule on brining back a character on the show like a real heavy ass rule
They killed Charizard and Shadow twice, brought WW back twice, and she won both of them, and Batman also fought 3 times. The only rule with bringing someone back is to wait at least a season it seems. And I don't see what's the problem with having brought Venom back. He won his first match, so if anything it makes the most sense if he's brought back he loses.

They killed Charizard and Shadow twice, brought WW back twice, and she won both of them, and Batman also fought 3 times. The only rule with bringing someone back is to wait at least a season it seems. And I don't see what's the problem with having brought Venom back. He won his first match, so if anything it makes the most sense if he's brought back he loses.
except in this case there was no point Crona had better options including one that was debatable this however wasn't Venom never had a chance especially since they weren't gonna gonna have him have access to his cates stuff folks knew from the start he never had a shot at beating Crona without it

I mean I'm happy to see Crona win, but not like this. The Q&A will certainly be interesting but I don't think people will agree. Plus another Marvel L so soon after Bucky and to an anine character yet again? Eh. Feels like Venom got robbed.

I mean I'm happy to see Crona win, but not like this. The Q&A will certainly be interesting but I don't think people will agree. Plus another Marvel L so soon after Bucky and to an anine character yet again? Eh. Feels like Venom got robbed.
it's less of he got robbed it's more so he got wasted

What other opponent did Venom have?

And the whole debate over Cates is moot since it's his current base. I guess the RT will argue against this so we'll just have to see but it was always believable that he kept the upgrades anyways? Seems like they're reaching for a Crona win but that's obviously a bold claim I can't fully prove.

What other opponent did Venom have?

And the whole debate over Cates is moot since it's his current base. I guess the RT will argue against this so we'll just have to see but it was always believable that he kept the upgrades anyways? Seems like they're reaching for a Crona win but that's obviously a bold claim I can't fully prove.
idk but Crona had better options with Ryuko or Shiro with Ryuko being more debatable given its Hax vs DC type of fight

Here I was praising Death Battle for making a commercial tie-in a bonus episode with The Boys Battle Royale. RvsB episode is really meh.

Funny thought that I know will never happened but what if the finale is Haruhi vs Monika lmao.

But real talk though, I think the unknown Death Battle that we don’t know is going to be a Video Game matchup. Not sure which one exactly but I would like it to be a match up with Touhou (Hopefully Marisa vs Zatanna, Sakuya vs Hit/Homura, or Celestia vs Utsuho Okuu Reiuji) Although seeing Adachi vs Yoshikage Kira would be nice too.

So far, how would you rate this season of Death Battle so far? Like which one is your least favorite and which one is your most favorite. For me I would my favorite DB this season is either Obi Wan vs Kakashi or Winter Soldier vs Red Hood with my least favorite being Wonderwoman vs She-Ra

Favorite this season is Goro vs Machamp. Least is probably Sindel vs Canary. Overall a bland matchup and the soundtrack didn’t boost it. I was thinking this season overall wasn’t as interesting as seasons 5 or 6. Of the matches so far only four were truly hype worthy. ObiKash, GoroChamp, BeerGal, and ArchieFlash. Jason v Bucky is high up as well.

Favorite fights for me
Beerus vs Galaxia
Flash vs Sonic
Cable vs Booster Gold
Goro vs Machamp
Danny vs Jake
Least favorite
Sindel vs Black Canary
Wonder Woman vs She-ra
While they weren’t my favorite fights Red Hood vs Winter Soldier and Obi Wan vs Kakashi fights were pretty good

Personally, it is good for me to see that Crona wins. However, there are many questions for the Death Battle team to answer since Death Battle fans have bring up questions about this.

This is probably the most controversial fight of the season? Actually, these last 3 all have a lot of salt behind them, even if they'll still be relatively postively received in terms of the like bar.

Flash VS Sonic also has many likes, but I guess it would be one of the most controversial still.

This one will only be cotnroversial for VS Debaters who know of Cates stuff. Pretty sure it's fine otherwise and will be agreeable.

So yeah, I guess Flash VS Sonic is most controversial? I dunno. This season hasn't really had a really badly rated fight IIRC

I hope Jon VS Talbain happens first just because I don't want to go RIGHT back to anime but it's whatever.

And I'll be rooting Rock Lee when his fight comes, but I dunno if I'd place my bet on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back