• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayman
Warcraft
Starcraft
By luck we have had King Ghidorah VS Deathwing as Community Death Battle on August 12th, 2018.

Aang vs Thrall faded as Aang vs Edward Elrich/Jonathan Joestar/Tanjiro Kamado gre w - then Aang vs Edward Elrich pops up and Jonathan Joestar vs Tanjiro Kamado will come in a foreseeable future.

What other popular verses (both in Vs debating and pop culture) have yet to appear in DB? (barring ones we've already mentioned multiple times like Saint Seiya or HxH).

For example I'm kinda surprised we've haven't seen a NNT or Soulsborne rep.
Fate/Stay Night
Under Night In-Birth
Kill la Kill
Fire Force
Demon Slayer
Chainsaw Man
Panty and Stocking
Devilman
Powerpuff Girls
Steven Universe
Dexter's Laboratory
El Tigre
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Generator Rex
Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja
Miraculous Ladybug
Kim Possible
John Wick
Karmen Rider

My rage would look Tipper's look tame. I would probably be banned from the Vs. Debating Community.
Well going by the easter eggs that we saw in Deadpool vs. The Mask, we see Tifa snapping Yang's neck as she should. So maybe this'll be an indicator for us that if they remade that match, it would be very different

No, that was just DB acknowledging how hated those matchups are.
Actually, if you listen to what Deadpool said, he explained that the Continuity Gem can "fix what I believe needs fixing".

You put that in the context of DB's missteps with their previous matchups, you basically hear them say "If we had the chance to redo some of these matches, we would change them up as they've aged badly."

Actually, if you listen to what Deadpool said, he explained that the Continuity Gem can "fix what I believe needs fixing".

You put that in the context of DB's missteps with their previous matchups, you basically hear them say "If we had the chance to redo some of these matches, we would change them up as they've aged badly."
I don't know, feels like people are looking too deeply into it. Especially since Deadpool doesn't exactly represent the crew. Guess will wait and see but don't get your hopes up.

Well those MU are responsible for DB controversial reputation on the net
Had the right characters win there rep wouldn't be in the *******

What other popular verses (both in Vs debating and pop culture) have yet to appear in DB? (barring ones we've already mentioned multiple times like Saint Seiya or HxH).

For example I'm kinda surprised we've haven't seen a NNT or Soulsborne rep.
Aside for the verses that have already be mention above.

Mass Effect
Call of Duty
Half-Life/Portal
Dr. Slump
Popeye
Looney Toons
Duke Nukem
The God of High School
BioShock
Gravity Falls
Guyver
Date A Live
Toriko
Hitman
Medaka Box
Doctor Who
Tenchi Muyo!
Invincible
Adventure Time
Bastard!!
Warhammer 40,000
SCP Foundation
Fallout
Lupin the Third
Vampire Hunter D
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Lord of the Rings
Shaman King
The Witcher
Sengoku Basara
Assassin's Creed
Parahumans/Worm
Dark Souls
Slayers
To Aru Majutsu No Index
OFF
Undertale
MediEvil
Chrono Trigger
Ultraman
Supernatural
Xena: Warrior Princess
City Hunter

Last edited:
Aang vs Thrall faded as Aang vs Edward Elrich/Jonathan Joestar/Tanjiro Kamado gre w - then Aang vs Edward Elrich pops up and Jonathan Joestar vs Tanjiro Kamado will come in a foreseeable future.
Thrall may ended up with Ghazgkhull if the match get enough popular in the community.

Last edited:
Is Jonathan vs Tanjiro really their best match? I feel like "breathing powers" aren't the best possible connections.
Well, not only "breath powers" but the fact that both also got most of the family killed, ± the same age of events, defeating monsters which are weak to sun.
I can't say the fight is bad exactly but can't say it is best for both.

Today boys
deb8mnb-a2e6e068-4f46-414c-9f4c-27fb3d987379.jpg
ddwnjmz-c9e51e8e-861b-4895-adeb-70fa7f9c271a.png

I can see why the constant harping on Yang vs Tifa can seem petty, and it kinda is, but it's for good reason.

And speaking of fights with FF7 characters, Link vs Cloud 2 is about to be a stomp in Links favour once the universal upgrades go through
Funny you say that considering this site is one of the only places where Uni Zelda would make Link win as I know G1 has Cloud and co at Uni due to Gilgamesh and Multi via Dissidia. And Link low key gets blitzed. Also with Materia, Cloud matches nearly everything Link has.

Also, DB also ain' t gonna accept Uni Zelda whatsoever and will likely scale Link to what they gave Ganon and Cloud will scale above Bahamut at the absolute lowest.

Cloud should win legitimately here. It's honestly considered a borderline stomp for Cloud.

Death battle may not be that great for research, but they know how to hype shit, also wiz explaining stuff is the best, he just feels right even when wrong.

I want to see him talking about "weak" and "underestimated" characters like TR meowth or karkat or more complex ones like lord english or masadaverse, just to see how he talks.

Death battle may not be that great for research, but they know how to hype shit, also wiz explaining stuff is the best, he just feels right even when wrong.

I want to see him talking about "weak" and "underestimated" characters like TR meowth or karkat or more complex ones like lord english or masadaverse, just to see how he talks.
I feel like Homestuck would make even him go insane.

According to the commentary for Jon Talbain vs Saberwulf, at least one of the writers really prefers working with less complex characters.

Also, finding a matchup for Morrigan "Kinda sucks"

Pretty sure any matchup with Darkstalkers is not them focusing on the money potential, considering Darkstalkers is a dead franchise. If DS shows up, it's because they just wanted to do that matchup personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back