• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yang vs Tifa: Well, do I even need to talk about this one? This wasn’t the worst Death Battle in the sense of stacking the deck against the opponent. That would be Link vs Cloud. But in terms of pure bias? Oh yeah, this was the worst one.

Pro-tip guys: Learn what “conflict of interest” means.

Don’t use your own characters. Don’t put a big DEDICATED TO MONTY OUM sign up before the fight. Don’t put your characters against characters that influenced them.

If you break these rules, you’re going to look biased. Even if you aren’t, you’re going to look biased. If I ever run a fight with a Power of Stardust or Martin’s School character, I’m going to look biased if I have the character do anything but lose. That’s just how it is.

Say Marvel decided to write a story where Sentry beats the shit out of Superman. It would look kind of pathetic, wouldn’t it?

If it was just a matter of bad booking, Yang vs Tifa wouldn’t get the heat it does. But they cooked it to get their girl over.

“Yang is stronger because she cracked a pillar” was a travesty. Even a middle schooler would understand what’s wrong with treating the weight a pillar can support as being the same as the force required to break it horizontally.

Here’s an experiment you can try, geniuses: try and break a tree in half not by sawing it but by stacking weights on it until it bends.

What’s worse is that after the fight, episodes of RWBY had Yang lose to characters wayyyyy below Tifa’s level. Ben and Chad would have known about these episodes. Instead of waiting for these episodes to air, they pushed out Yang vs Tifa so Yang’s durability wouldn’t be shot.

Bad form. And now it’s an albatross around their necks and will be an albatross around their necks forever. They could be running Death Battle a decade from now and people will still question their judgement because of Yang vs Tifa.

It's a little frustrating how they can't swallow their pride and clean up when they leave a black mark.
they somewhat do at times without being upfront about it and they still get shit on
They tried to once with Android 18 vs Captain Marvel and everyone bashed them for it.
yeah that as well
plus they work with RT you ain't gonna say "yeah we cooked this MU for there Gal"

You know what's funny? It the fight with Deadpool vs. The Mask, they reference the fight and show Tifa breaking Yang's neck.

I don't know about you but I felt cathartic when I saw that.

Yeah, when DP was using the Continuity Stone they showed role reversals in some of their more infamous matches.

Edit: Specifically, the following matchs: Link vs Cloud, Rogue vs Wonder Woman, Goku vs Superman 2, Yang vs Tifa and Gaara vs Toph. Ironically, due to the sheer wank of Mask's toon force, I feel like the episode itself might even fit in that category. Seriously, they act like any Toon Force user has Bugs Bunny level stuff.

1:05 DA mentioned that he had been working a lot on Death Battle, and was now finished with animation regarding Death Battle
someone mentions this, on the DB wikiand assume that there is going to be an SFM fight early on in Season 8.

Hm, what mu do you think would be good in SFM?
lets see....
Here are the matches are that we should expect
1.Aizen vs Madara
2.Dio vs Alucard
3.Cole vs Mercer
4.Kool Aid Man vs Macho Man Randy Savage
5.Galactus vs Unicron(Season Finale)
MU with the other shown combatants
6.Star vs Steven
7.Yoda vs Meta Knight or Luke vs Saber
8.Mikasa vs Blake or Eren vs Kaneki
9.Ryuko vs Shadow
10.Dr.Doom vs Luthor or Gilgamesh
11.Cloud vs Link 2
in regards of which fight is gonna be in SFM i feel Yoda vs Meta Knight given How successful Kakashi vs Obi-Wan was

beaacf87-2074-44e7-a4b9-f0f9ba2172e4
3d97c0c2-b907-41c2-b0f3-03c16d173d94

Potentially stupid question, but I know some people are considering the possibility of Annie being the Attack on Titan character given that they specifically used a clip of her. Apparently, her most popular match up is Diane from Seven Deadly Sins (or at least, that's the one I keep seeing get brought up). Problem is, I know nothing about either series, so... who wins that fight?

"Don't worry... your fear won't go to waste. I'll use your body to instill a little FEAR of my OWN!"

unknown.png

"Your power is NOTHING compared to my own! I'll show you true FEAR!"

unknown.png

unknown.png

"The universe has its rightful ruler of pain and fear. There is no place for you in that hierarchy. Observe as I erase you off the face of reality."

unknown.png

"You want me to 'observe' huh, thanks for the tip!"

unknown.png

"M-My ring! What did you do!?"

unknown.png

"I 'observed' the past, the day you got that ring. I maaaaaaaaay have destroyed it before you could have gotten it, rewrote the past and put an 'overlay' on our future! I took everything from you. Your corps, your ring, your destiny!"

unknown.png

"Face your end, pathetic WORM!"

unknown.png

There is no galaxy or universe safe from his journey. Having erased Sinestro from history, Terumi has taken over the Yellow Lanterns, forcing them under his rule. For those who believe they can take him, he crushes them without effort.
You may very well be next...
unknown.png

From the server I'm in by Adam
I'm pretty glad that this match up is getting recognition.

Last edited:
"Don't worry... your fear won't go to waste. I'll use your body to instill a little FEAR of my OWN!"(edited)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

"The universe has its rightful ruler of pain and fear. There is no place for you in that hierarchy. Observe as I erase you off the face of reality."

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

"I 'observed' the past, the day you got that ring. I maaaaaaaaay have destroyed it before you could have gotten it, rewrote the past and put an 'overlay' on our future! I took everything from you. Your corps, your ring, your destiny!"

unknown.png

unknown.png

There is no galaxy or universe safe from his journey. Having erased Sinestro from history, Terumi has taken over the Yellow Lanterns, forcing them under his rule. For those who believe they can take him, he crushes them without effort.
unknown.png

From the server I'm in.
What do you mean? Obviously Terumi would say something about time and Sinestro would say "Thanks for the tip"

"Don't worry... your fear won't go to waste. I'll use your body to instill a little FEAR of my OWN!"(edited)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

From the server I'm in.
0/10 no astral finish

They are basically opposites of the characters they are enemies for, bizzaro is a dumber, more child like superman, red hulk is a more tactical, smart kind of hulk (at least to savage hulk), basically supes vs hulk but flipped over, another supes vs hulk theme fight, blue vs red (if the costume counts)

Those i could think atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back