• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me n the boy's if the Opener is Gilgamesh vs Dr.Doom

tenor.gif

Lex's history is at least in more english and not wrapped in an overly complicated lore system that varies by interpretation.
Have you read comicbooks before lol
Both are a pain in the ass to research but comics are far more easy due to just finding there shit online than Fate where its more niche here than in the east not to mention translation and far more complex power system

Bruh

60 years of comicbook lore vs 1 fully translated video game
I know right? If I remember correctly, their reasoning was that Asura had so little content because it is just one game, it is hard to research properly or something. Basically Hulk gave them more to work with. Anyone remember which Death Battle Cast it was where they said this because I want to hear their reasoning again.

We have no idea what their standards for research difficulty is since they said Hulk is easier to research than Asura.
Both are a pain in the ass to research but comics are far more easy due to just finding there shit online than Fate where its more niche here than in the east not to mention translation and far more complex power system
Bruh

60 years of comicbook lore vs 1 fully translated video game
We have no idea what their standards for research difficulty is since they said Venom (Edward Brock) was easier to research than Crona.

And as @Tipper17 says, the crew members call a verse more difficult to research when the verse is more niche, has complex words and systems, and are presented in any language not in English.

Why Death Battle is really pitting Fox McCloud and his Arwing from Satrfox vs Poe Dameron and his Black X-Wing from Star Wars when this has been done as a Community Death Battle and a DBX before.

Oh even Heath Ledger Joker vs Jared Leto Joker seems more fun and even the crew members know it.

We have no idea what their standards for research difficulty is since they said Hulk is easier to research than Asura.
here ya go
Chat Q: "Can you guys say why you picked Hulk vs Broly instead of Asura vs Broly/Hulk?"
Sam: "I dunno if I can speak for Ben on this but we do have this Death Battle suggestion sheet that's on every youtube link and RT page. We didn't just pick Hulk because he was more popular, we certainly wanted to use Asura a lot but compared to characters like Broly and especielly Hulk it is weird because you can finish the research on Asura in two days and Hulk would still need two months and it's weird to have someone with such a concise bit and not much to dig into and in some sense it's a lot harder to research a character that hardly has any source material. Hulk literally has thousands of books and shows that we can find feats consistently as oppose to Asura who only has the game to pull one-off feats so it's harder to back that up as much. Also idk Hulk vs. Broly is just cool. Honestly I would just have Asura vs. Might Guy, I just think that would be more interesting."
Luis: "Also just because Asura doesn't show up now doesn't mean he will never show up later after all this is Death Battle guys it's our job to find that answer for you."

Armored supergenius supervillains of (rival) comics, who have served as heads of state and are driven by their hatred of a particular blue-clad superhero >>>> "Lol arrogance"

And we've been there and done that with Iron Man vs Lex Luthor, which also happened to be one of the best episodes of Season 2. Lex doesn't need another match.

Gilgamesh is also a head of state driven by an emotion towards a blue-clad character.

Do you enjoy stomp completely redundant ROFLCurbshitstomp matches or something?

Edit: Made it more accurate
Stomp matches are as good as spite matches. Like if people hate Afro they would love to see him dying upon Samurai Jack.

I mean, some people do not care. Some do not even know what they want. Guess why some people still want Master Chief vs Samus Aran, Mega Man X vs KOS-MOS, Noel Vermillion vs Aigis and Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) vs Genos and more (very few would actually want all at the same time)

Well massive curbstomps do make a matchup less interesting. It also sort of rebukes the close connections of a matchup.

Stomp matches are as good as spite matches. Like if people hate Afro they would love to see him dying upon Samurai Jack.

I mean, some people do not care. Some do not even know what they want. Guess why some people still want Master Chief vs Samus Aran, Mega Man X vs KOS-MOS, Noel Vermillion vs Aigis and Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) vs Genos and more (very few would actually want all at the same time)

Well massive curbstomps do make a matchup less interesting. It also sort of rebukes the close connections of a matchup.
Anyone who watches this show enjoys stomp matches. 69% of the episodes have been stomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back